Former Governor of Illinois
Rod Blagojevich (born December 10, 1956) is a former American politician, and former Governor of Illinois. He was removed from office by the Illinois State Senate on January 29, 2009 and later went to federal prison for corruption.
|This political figure article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Unless I get something real good for [Senate Candidate 1], shit, I'll just fuck myself, you know what I'm saying.
- I'm going to keep this Senate option for me a real possibility, you know, and therefore I can drive a hard bargain. You hear what I’m saying. And if I don’t get what I want and I'm not satisfied with it, then I'll just take the Senate seat myself.
- A fucking valuable thing; you just don't give it away for nothing.
- I've got this thing and it's fucking golden, and, uh, uh, I'm just not giving it up for fuckin' nothing. I'm not gonna do it. And, and I can always use it. I can parachute me there.
- By the way, I should say, if anyone wants to tape my conversations, go right ahead, feel free to do it. I appreciate anybody who wants to tape me openly.
- At a press conference, December 8, 2008, in Chicago, IL. CNN
- Governor Blagojevich has been arrested in the middle of what we can only describe as a political corruption crime spree. We acted to stop that crime spree.
- Schaper, David (June 2, 2010). "Corruption Trial To Start For Ex-Ill. Gov. Blagojevich" (transcript). Morning Edition (National Public Radio). Retrieved on June 29, 2015.
- Gilmer, Marcus (December 9, 2008). "Quoting the Blagojevich Complaint". Chicagoist (Gothamist LLC). Retrieved on June 29, 2015.
- FBI . Obama Senate Seat For Sale?. The Smoking Gun. Retrieved on June 29, 2015.
- Bernstein, David (June 2009). "Chicago Straight". Chicago magazine (Tribune Media Group). Retrieved on June 29, 2015.