2019 biographical musical drama
- Directed by Dexter Fletcher. Produced by Adam Bohling, David Furnish, David Reid, and Matthew Vaughn. Written by Lee Hall.
Elton John / Reginald DwightEdit
- No, it's not okay. This isn't right. [on himself as a young boy] He's not the bitch, I'm the bitch. I'm the bitch!
- [to Sheila] You really are a heartless monster. You know, I don't live my life in black and white, and I don't want your fucked up ideas about anything. [pause] You know, I am so sick and tired of running away from who I am. There's nothing wrong with success or pleasure. In fact, why am I apologising for it, mum? I have fucked everything that moves, and I have taken every drug known to man, all of them. You know what?... I enjoyed every last minute of it.
- Elton: [on a payphone] Me and John, we-- Well, the thing is... I'm... a homosexual. A poofter... A fairy... A queen... [long silence] Well, say something!
- Sheila: Oh, for God's sake, I knew that. I've known for years.
- Elton: You don't mind?
- Sheila: Frankly, I don't care. I'd rather you keep that sort of thing to yourself. I just hope you realize you're choosing a life of being alone forever. You'll never be loved properly. [Elton is shocked] All right, got to go. [hangs up]