Canadian economist (1932-2021)
|This economist article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- The United States can't keep a completely open system if the rest of the world is less open. The United States may have to take a leaf out of the book of Japan, China, and Germany, and have protectionism inside the system.
- Robert Mundell in: "Nobel Laureate: The U.S. Is The 'Naked Woman' Of The World Economy," at forbes.com, May 26, 2013
- The euro is the way in which congresses and parliaments can be stripped of all power over monetary and fiscal policy. Bothersome democracy is removed from the economic system.
- Robert Mundell to his student Greg Palast at the University of Chicago
Quotes about Robert MundellEdit
- Mundell’s models allowed a significant role for fiscal policy, especially under fixed exchange rates. However, the treatment was entirely Keynesian—an increased budget deficit operated solely by raising the aggregate demand for goods. Moreover, increases in government spending and cuts in taxes had pretty much the same effect on the economy.
- Robert Barro, Nothing Is Sacred (2002) p. 23
- Consider John Kenneth Galbraith or Lester Thurow, both leading economists in the view of the general public, both with all the formal qualifications, both totally ignored by the academic mainstream. Or consider Robert Mundell, who is still revered for his contributions to international monetary theory, yet whose later incarnation as the father of supply-side economics has similarly been ignored.
- Paul Krugman, Development, Geography, and Economic Theory (1995)
- Hudson, Micheal (2015). "23. High Finance installs Technocrats as Proconsuls". Killing the host : how financial parasites and debt destroy the global economy. CounterPunch Books. ISBN 978-3-9814842-8-1. OCLC 920675065.