Robert Joseph Birgeneau (born 25 March 1942) is a Canadian physicist educator and university administrator. He is the ninth chancellor of the University of California, Berkeley, and the fourteenth president of the University of Toronto from 2000 to 2004.
|This article about a physicist is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Diversity is one of the high priorities that I expected everybody in the leadership position at the university to be committed to.
- as quoted in Searching for science policy, by Jonathan B. Imber, published by Transaction Publishers (2002), ISBN 0-765-80163-9, p. 27.
- American public universities have as their primary mission to provide excellent educational opportunities to the entire population and to serve the public good.
- American universities are united in the view that foreign students enhance the research and education that we provide. Our country can only benefit by welcoming international talent.
- The next revolution in scientific discovery will depend on scientific interdependence.
- A modern public university, Nature Materials 6, 465 - 467 (01 Jul 2007), doi: 10.1038/nmat1935, Commentary.
- It is unfortunate that some protesters chose to obstruct the police by linking arms and forming a human chain to prevent the police from gaining access to the tents. This is not non-violent civil disobedience.
- "Message to Campus Community", November 10, 2011.