Resident Evil (Video Game)
1996 survival horror video game
Resident Evil is a survival horror game made by Capcom.
- Barry: There must be a back door somewhere. Let's try to find it first, shall we?
- Jill: Okay; Let's separate again.
- Barry: Just a moment! I found something.
- Jill: What is it?
- Barry: It's a weapon! It's really powerful. Especially against living things. *Is holding up a colt python magnum revolver*
- Jill: But what about you, Barry?
- Barry: I have this! (Referring to his Beretta 92F which is customized to fire .44 magnum rounds.)
- Jill: *Chuckles* Alright, I'll take this then.
- Jill: Wesker! (Barry holds gun on Jill's head)
- Wesker: Thank you, Barry.
- Jill: Well, what do you know?
- Wesker: Oh, don't blame Barry for everything. I hear that his better half and two lovely daughters would be in danger if he doesn't do everything I tell him to. (start typing)
- Jill: Wesker, you're pathetic.
- Wesker: Well, you shouldn't worry too much dear. You'll be free of all this anyway.
- Jill: Why eliminate S.T.A.R.S?
- Wesker: Believe it or not, that's Umbrella's intention.
- Jill: You're just a slave of Umbrella.
- Wesker: Smart girl. But I think you misunderstand me. (stops typing) The things you mentioned are nothing. I'll burn all of them along with this entire laboratory. (pulls out a gun on Jill) Barry, go up on the ground and wait there.
- [Barry leaves the room]
- Jill: Barry...
- Wesker: You gotta love Barry. He must really be afraid of Umbrella.
- Jill: You and Umbrella took his family! You bastard!
- [Wesker smacks Jill to the floor]
- Wesker: Umbrella? Well I used some carrots and sticks to cow him, but it had nothing to do with Umbrella. I just used Barry for my personal interests. Though, both you and Barry seem to think I was following Umbrella's orders.
- Jill: What!? What are you planning?!
- Wesker: I guess it's time for show-and-tell.
About Resident Evil (Video Game)Edit
- Back in the early days, when I was making the first Resident Evil, I spent three months studying the psychology of horror. But what I’ve learned is, horror is instinctive - the things that scare me take precedence over any theory of horror. With Resident Evil, we went with human and human-shaped enemies because people are generally more interested in and scared by other people, rather than some obscure creature that we don’t recognize. Evil Within is the same.
- Shinji Mikami