Relient K (formed in 1998 in Canton, Ohio) is a rock band named after guitarist Matt Hoopes's Plymouth Reliant K car. It is considered to be part of the alternative, pop punk, and Christian rock genres. So far in its career, the band has released seven studio albums, as well as a number of Christmas albums, EPs, singles, and other songs.
Relient K (2001)Edit
- Marilyn Manson ate my girlfriend.
- My Girlfriend
- One time some criminals with their guns
they thought it would be fun to try and kill my Nancy Drew.
I jumped out and saved her life,
then asked her to be my wife.
She said, "No, I'll never marry you."
- Nancy Drew
- My 17 Magazine tells me that you're in love.
- 17 Magazine
The Anatomy of the Tongue in Cheek (2001)Edit
- It's twice as hard to realize
that I'm still trying twice as hard
to satisfy my self on my own.
I'm still waiting for things to change.
- Those Words are not Enough
- Never underestimate my Jesus
You're telling me that there's no hope.
I'm telling you your wrong.
- For Moments I Feel Faint
- She's a fanatic.
She's already said she needs lemon pledge
to clean those cobwebs from her attic.
- What Have you Been Doing Lately
Two Lefts Don't Make a Right...But Three Do (2003)Edit
- Mood ring, oh mood ring, oh tell me will you bring
the key to unlock this mystery
of girls and their emotions.
Play it back in slow motion so that I
may understand the complex infrastructure known as the female mind.
- Mood Rings
- Face down, this carpet tastes like coffee grounds
ground into my face now, and every angle is covered with just another band-aid.
- Falling Out
- And I'm only gonna pierce my left ear.
I've been workin' on this mustache all summer long.
And my favorite band will always be Tears for Fears.
And I'm gonna wear a pink tux to the prom.
- In Love with the 80's (Pink Tux to the prom)
Deck the Halls, Bruise Your HandEdit
- From the first time that you opened your eyes
did realize you would be my savior?
And the first breath that left your lips
did you know that it would change this world forever?
- Celebrate the Day
- This one last bullet you mention
is my one last shot at redemption
because I know to live you must give your life away.
- Be My Escape
- And this life sentence that I'm serving
- I admit that I'm every bit deserving
but the beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair.
- Be My Escape
- And you said I know that this will hurt
but if I don't break your heart
things will just get worse.
- Let It All Out
- I watched the proverbial sunrise
coming up over the Pacific and
you might think I'm losing my mind
but I will shy away from the specifics.
- Who I am Hates Who I've Been
- I just wanna get mugged at knife point
to get cut enough to wake me up,
'cause I know that I don't wanna die
sitting around watch my life.
- This Week the Trend
Apathetic EP (2005)Edit
- Sometimes the hardest thing to believe is the truth.
- The Truth
- Half of me is all about apathy,
and the other half just doesn't care.
- Apathetic Way to Be
- When February rolls around I'll roll my eyes.
Turn a cold shoulder to these even colder skies.
By the fire my heart is heaves a sigh
for the green grass waitin' on the other side.
- In Like a Lion (Always Winter)
Five Score and Seven Years Ago (2007)Edit
- Why don't you just come right out and say it?
Even if the words are probably gonna hurt,
I'd rather have the truth than something insincere.
- Come Right Out and Say It
- We should get jerseys
Cause we make a good team,
But yours would look better than mine
Cause you're out of my league
- Must Have Done Something Right