1936 film by Louis J. Gasnier about marijuana
It's Public Enemy, Number One! Taglines
- Jack: Oh, why don't you button up your lip? You're always squawkin' about something. You've got more static than a radio.
- Mae: What time is it?
- Jack: Time to get up and give this place the goin' over. It looks like the Marines have landed.
- Mae: Well, that bunch last night was high enough to take over the Marines and the Navy!
- Jimmy: How about driving over to the... Joe's place with me? I'll buy you a soda!
- Bill: I never drink the stuff!
- [Jimmy finishes a reefer before driving.]
- Jimmy: Let's go, Jack. I'm red-hot!
- Jack: Better be careful how you drive, or the first thing you know you'll be ice-cold.
- Bureau Official: Here is an example: A fifteen-year-old lad apprehended in the act of staging a holdup — fifteen years old and a marijuana addict. Here is a most tragic case.
- Dr. Carroll: Yes, I remember. Just a young boy... under the influence of drugs... who killed his entire family with an axe.
- It's Public Enemy, Number One!
- Women Cry For It - Men Die For It!
- The Sweet "Pill" That Makes Life BITTER!
- Adults Only!
- Drug Crazed Abandon!
- Sin - degradation - vice - insanity!
- SEE youthful marijuana victims - what actually happens!
- Tell your children!
- 65 years later, audiences are still hooked!