video game series
Rayman is a series of video games made by Ubi Soft. This is a collection of quotes from and about the series.
- Narrator (The Magician): Hi folks! You wanna know what's going on? Let me tell you the story of Rayman! In Rayman's world, nature and people lived together in peace. The Great Protoon provides and maintains the harmony and balance in the world. Sorry folks, this apparently can't last. One fateful day, the evil Mr Dark steals The Great Protoon and defeats Betilla the fairy as she tries to protect it! The Electoons, who used to gravitate around it, lose their natural stability and scatter all over the world! Troublesome, isn't it? And untidy too. In this now unbalanced world, strange phenomena begin to occur, freaks and hostile characters appear, capturing every Electoon they can find! They definitely need a hero to save them now...don't you think? RAYMAN TO THE RESCUE!!!!
- Rayman: No Problem!
- Narrator (The Magician): Go and free the Electoons, Rayman, and bring back The Great Protoon from its mysterious kidnapper... but will the bad guys let him do it?
- Ly/Polokus' Voice: [off-screen] Rayman, look what the Pirates have done to our world... A planet of anguish and pain, haunted by evil. A dark place, teeming with fierce monsters. Nothing can stop them, now that they've captured you. They've taken everything and reduced our people to slaves. The Robots search for innocent prey. In the chaos they exploded the Heart of the World. The 1000 lums of energy which form it have been scattered. We are getting weak. Soon it will be to late... You must escape, Rayman, you are our only hope. [the logo shows Rayman 2: The Great Escape and fades away to the Buccaneer]]
- Narration: The Buccaneer, The Pirates' Prison Ship, Commander: The Admiral Razorbeard. Slaves now on board: 16,521.
- Ly: Wake up, Rayman. I will send you some help.
- Admiral Razorbeard: Come here, you useless grub!
- Lackey: Rayman has the four masks... and he's on the ship!
- Admiral Razorbeard: You failed me again. I warned you, didn't I? Let's see how well you swim in molten lava! Meanwhile, I'll have to handle this little problem myself. Prepare the Grolgoth! I know how to lure Rayman to me...
- Salesman: Rayman poisoning your life? I've got the antidote. Equipped with the latest power booster, nothing can stop it. You can control it yourself, or put it in self-pilot. It can kill, crush, destroy, torture, pull ears, its legs are programmed to squash fleeing victims... In short, it does everything, except the dishes. Don't forget the name of this marvel: the Grolgoth!
- Globox: This shortcut ain't even short!
- Andre: Globox! Stop eating your boogers!
- Murfy: [to Rayman] Globox, that coward. Listen, Rayman, you should get your hands in him. [Seeing that Rayman has no hands] Pun not intended.