Ray Lyman Wilbur
President of Stanford University
- We must get rid of the silly, sloppy idea that all people are equal in capacity.
- "Dr. Ray Lyman Wilbur, A Gentleman and a Scholar", Los Angeles Times, June 28, 1949
- If you know a better place to live right now than this country, get a ticket and try to get there.
- Adress to Stanford Student Body, 1940. "Ray Lyman Wilbur Taken By Death", Los Angeles Times, June 27, 1949
- It is common talk that every individual is entitled to economic security. The only animals and birds I know that have economic security are those that have been domesticated--and the economic security they have is controlled by the barbed-wire fence, the butcher's knife and the desire of others. They are milked, skinned, egged or eaten up by their protectors.
- "Ray Lyman Wilbur", The Washington Post, June 28, 1949