Ray Lewis (American football)
American football player (born 1975)
Raymond Anthony "Ray" Lewis (born 15 May 1975) is a former American football player. He played as a linebacker for the Baltimore Ravens of the National Football League (NFL). Lewis has appeared in nine Pro Bowls and been named an All-Pro seven times.
- A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football.
- As noted in "Ray Lewis finds motivation in disrespect" (11 August 2005), by Jarrett Bell, USA Today.
- Remove the word black and say 'lives matter'... Stop sending mothers back home empty. You can never replace a mother's child. If we want black lives matter, let's make it matter to us. That's the new call.
- As quoted in "Former NFL Player Ray Lewis: 'Let's Make Lives Matter'" (2015), by Khorri Atkinson, NBC News.
Quotes about LewisEdit
- As a player, Ray Lewis was extremely well known for delivering jarring shots that immediately stopped the forward movement of opposing players. As a media member, now he's taking shots at the very core of opposition movements.
- Dylan Gwinn, as quoted in "Ray Lewis Ripped By BLM For Saying Black Lives Need To Matter To Black People" (12 September 2015), by D. Gwinn, NewsBusters (2015), Reston, Virginia: Media Research Center.