Ramzan Akhmadovich Kadyrov (Russian: Рамзан Ахматович Кадыров), (Chechen: Къадар Ахьмат-кӏант Рамзан, Qhadar Aẋmat-khant Ramzan) (born 5 October 1976) is a Russian politician currently serving as the Head of the Chechen Republic. He was a former member of the Chechen independence movement. He is the son of former Chechen President Akhmad Kadyrov, who was assassinated in May 2004.
- We don’t have any gays. If there are any, take them to Canada. Praise be to God. Take them far away from us. To purify our blood, if there are any here, take them.
- If we have [gay] people here, I’m telling you officially their relatives won’t let them be because of our faith, our mentality, customs, traditions. Even if it’s punishable under the law, we would still condone it.
- Even if I fell sick, in the world millions of people are infected with coronavirus, tens of thousands have died, and am I not human?
- America is not really a strong enough state for us to regard it as an enemy of Russia. We have a strong government and are a nuclear state. Even if our government was completely destroyed, our nuclear missiles would be automatically deployed. We will put the whole world on its knees and screw it from behind.
- People believe my image that was created by the liberals, that I am frightening, that I will kill whoever says anything about me, that I will put them in a dungeon and stab them. That was invented by enemies of the people, enemies of our state, who know that as long as I am in the Caucasus, the Western, European special services will not manage to change the situation here. That is why they want to make the Russian people have a bad attitude toward me. They want to make an enemy of the people out of me. On the contrary, people run to me. They hug me.
- Once there was a need for people like me to fight, to put things in order. Now we have order and prosperity ... and the time has come for changes.
- "Chechen leader, amid reshuffles, says ready to die for Putin" in Reuters (26 November 2017)
- Biden, whose country is angry at all Muslim states, is plowing the Arab world with air bombs and has returned troops from Afghanistan in shame, suddenly began to mention the Chechen republic for no reason at all.
- "Chechnya’s Kadyrov Takes Umbrage at Biden’s LGBT Reference" in The Moscow Times (22 September 2021)
- Those who violate the trust between people — who gossip and stage feuds… If we don’t stop them, killing, imprisoning, scaring them, then nothing will work. If the whole world is going to burn in a blue flame and the laws of all countries will be broken, are we really going to spare someone who offends honor? I swear by the holy Quran that we will not!
- “I always believed that the main goal of any father is to instill piety in his sons and teach them to protect the family, the people, the Fatherland. If you want peace, prepare for war! Akhmat, Eli and Adam are ready to use their skills… And I'm not kidding. It's time to show themselves in a real fight, and this is their desire, I only welcome. Soon they will go to the front line and will be on the most difficult sections of the line of contact.
- We are convinced that even underage children will be able to crush you to smithereens, because you have neither spirit, nor honor, nor dignity.
- Said about his sons, aged 14, 15 and 16, joining the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine, quoted in "Chechen Leader Ramzan Kadyrov Vows to Send His Own ‘Underage’ Sons to Fight in Ukraine" in The Daily Beast (3 October 2022)