United States Marine
- "Abu Ghraib is unbelievable in the innocent times of 1961. That we would torture people that way and on the instructions of the President of the United States and his highest legal advisers, torture is okay, they said. Go for it, fellas. If we can't renounce that and remove it from office, then the Constitution doesn't work anymore."
- "The world is the most dangerous place it's ever been now because of what our country has done, and is doing, and we have to take it back."
- "There can't be any more Fallujahs. Fallujah is the 21st century equivalent of Guernica. We just went in and destroyed that city, drove the people out, killed them, thousands. We don't know how many."
- He (Saddam) had this huge war going on, and you have to act firmly when you have an assassination attempt.
- BBC interview, 28 November 2005, about the torture and murder of 148 men and boys near the mainly Shi'ite town of Dujail, Iraq in 1982.
- A right is not what someone gives you; it's what no one can take from you.
- New York Times, 2 October 1977