RWBY (pronounced "Ruby") is an American Anime inspired web series that was created by Monty Oum for Rooster Teeth Productions. If you are unable to find the quote you are looking for, a user-created transcript searcher is available here.
- [To one of Roman Torchwick's henchmen] "Are you... robbing me?"
- [To Goodwitch after meeting her for the first time] "You're a Huntress! [Excited] Can I have your autograph?!"
- [Upon arriving at Beacon] "Oh! Oh! Sis! That kid's got a collapsible staff! [Gasps] And she's got a fire sword!"
- [To Yang Xiao Long describes her as special] "I don't wanna be 'the bee's knees'. I don't wanna be any kind of 'knees'! I just wanna be a normal girl, with normal knees."
- [After Jaune indroduce and pick Ruby up] "I'm Ruby... Aren't you the guy that threw up on the ship?"
- "As a girl, I wanted to be just like those heroes in the books... Someone who fought for what was right, and protected people who couldn't protect themselves!"
- [Holding Crescent Rose] "No more awkward small talk or 'getting to know you' stuff. Today, I get to let my sweetheart do the talking."
- "I don't need people to help me grow up. I drink milk!"
- [Lecturing Jaune] "You've got a team now, Jaune. We both do. And if we fail, then, we'll just be bringing them down with us. We have to put our teammates first, and ourselves second. Your team deserves a great leader, Jaune. And I think that can be you."
- [Explaining the situation to Weiss] "Look Weiss, it's not what you think. I should explain, you see, she doesn't actually have a bow, she has kitty ears and they're actually kind of cute..."
- "Justice will be swift! Justice will be painful! It will be...DELICIOUS!"
- [Ruby mocking Weiss] "Oooh, look at me! My name's Weiss! I know facts! I'm rich!"
- "None of you said 'Aye'."
- [Code words for different team attacks]: Freezer Burn! [Weiss and Yang]; Checkmate! [Weiss and Blake]; Ladybug! [Ruby and Blake]; Bumblebee! [Blake and Yang]; Ice Flower! [Ruby and Weiss]
- [Regarding Yang] With each hit, she gets stronger, and she uses that energy to fight back. That's what makes her special.
- [Struggling wearing heels for the first time] "Can we have a serious talk about how Weiss fights in these?!"
- "Does that mean I can change out of these stupid things and into my hood now?... Stupid lady stilts."
- "Sorry it took so long. Someone accidentally hit all the buttons on the elevator on the way up here...It wasn't me."
- [After learning their mission's with Oobleck; trying to be positive] "Alright, then. Looks like we're going to save the world!...with Dr. Oobleck-okay, yeah, when you say it out loud, it sounds worse."
- "Zwei, this is a wasteland. You literally could have done that anywhere!"
- [At her mother, Summer Rose's, grave] "Hey, Mom. Sorry I haven't come by in a while. Things have been...well, things have been pretty busy. Oh, Dad's here, too! He's, you know...[Lightly chuckles] Dad. He's still teaching at Signal, but he's told me he's going on some missions soon. I think he misses adventuring with you...I miss you, too. Haven't gotten kicked out of Beacon, yet...so, that's cool. I think being on a team with Yang helps. I keep her in line. That was a joke. She's actually a really great fighter. You can tell she's learned a lot from Dad. Well, so are Weiss and Blake. Oh, they're my teammates. Together, we form Team RWBY. And, yes, before you ask, it does cause a lot of confusion. Anyways, uh, I made a bunch of new friends, and I met some...uh, let's just say, 'odd' teachers. Oh, we stopped some bad guys, too! I guess it's like they say, 'Like mother, like daughter.' I still wonder why Ozpin let me into the school early, but, uh, I guess he'll tell me one day. You know how he is. It's funny, the more I get to know him, the more he starts sounding like Uncle Qrow. [Zwei barks, causing Ruby to look back, seeing Zwei with Taiyang] Oh, looks like Dad's back. I gotta go, he's dropping me off at Beacon for the tournament match before his next mission! Wish me luck! [Puts on her hood and starts walking to Taiyang, then looks back] It was good to talk."
- "WE DID IIIIIIIIIIIIII- Is everyone else starving?"
- "Guess I dropped it. Guh, girl pockets are the worst!"
- [To Emerald] "Oh stop it asdfhgh shut your little stupid face"
- "Oh, no! Who would do such a th-aaaaat is my uncle!"
- [To Qrow, after he says they don't give medals for "almost"] "They do, and they're called 'silver'!"
- [To Yang, before battling Mercury] "Break a leg, sis!"
- [To Roman atop Ironwood's airship] "I don't care what you say! We will stop them, and I WILL stop you! BET ON THAT!"
- [Sees Cinder disintegrate Pyrrha. Turns irate, and as she shouts out, a bright light shoots out of her eyes] "PYRRHA!"
- [To a bedridden Yang, before leaving for Haven] I love you.
- [Falling through trees while battling a Geist with Team JNR] "Bad... landing... strategy!"
- "Nothing's gonna stop Team RNJR now!"
- [Looking over a map of Anima on the way to Mistral] "So the next town us... uh-huh... uh-huh... we're lost."
- [To Tyrian in Oniyuri after he reveals himself as a Faunus] "What is this about? The White Fang? Roman Torchwick?"
- [To Qrow after he tells her and Team JNR about the Relics, Salem and Ozpin's secrets] "This is a lot to take in, and it all sounds crazy, but... I'm willing to do whatever I can to help because I trust you. But why couldn't you trust me?"
- [To Jaune] This is all my fault. I should have never dragged you guys into this.
- [Writing a letter to Yang] "You told me once that bad things just happen. You were angry when you said it, and I didn't want to listen. But you were right. Bad things do happen, all the time, every day. Which is why I'm out here, to do whatever I can, wherever I can, and hopefully do some good."
- [In her letter to Yang] "We've all lost something, and I've seen what loss can do to people. But if we gave up every time we lost, then we'd never be able to move forward."
- [As Qrow and Lionheart argue in the latter's office] "Okay! Okay. Things are bad; they're bad. But we can figure this out."
- [Storming into the safehouse living room upon everyone else meeting Oscar] "What is going ON out there?! Can't a girl read her comics in peace??"
- [To Oscar, about Pyrrha and Penny's deaths] "When Beacon fell, I lost two of my friends: Penny Polendina and Pyrrha Nikos. I didn't know them for very long, but that doesn't change the fact that they were two of the most kind-hearted people I have ever met. But that didn't save them. Pyrrha thought that if there was even the smallest chance of helping someone, then it was a chance worth taking. And because of that, she died fighting a battle she knew she couldn't win. And Penny... was killed... just to make a statement."
- [To Oscar, about her motivation to keep pushing on] "I am scared, but not just for me. What happened at Beacon shows that Salem doesn't care if you're standing against her or not. She'll kill anybody, and that scares me most of all. Pyrrha... Penny... I'd be lying if I said that it didn't hurt, that I didn't think about them every day since I lost them, that I didn't wish I had spent more time with them. If it had been me instead, I know they would have kept fighting too, no matter how dangerous it was. So that's what I choose to do - to keep moving forward."
- [To Oscar] "Hey, Oscar? This isn't gonna be easy, but the fact that you're even trying says a lot about you. You're braver than you think."
- [Reuniting with Yang, before being interrupted] "Yang, I... I'm so sorry! I- I should've stayed, and I should've talked to you more! I'd-- I just... I wasn't sure if you wanted me around and--"
- [To Yang, after she tells her she loves her] "I love you, too."
- [Cheering on Yang during her and Nora's arm wrestle, next to an unamused Weiss] "C'mon, sis! Aw, you can't lose to a girl in a skirt! [...] Weiss, you're not cheering loud enough!!"
- [After Weiss gives her coffee suited to her liking] "Aww, yeah! Nice Weiss strikes again!"
- [To Raven, after she tells Qrow that Salem has no chance of being beaten] "You're wrong. We've done things that most people would call impossible, and I know the only reason we were able to do it is because we didn't do it alone! We had people to teach us, people to help us, we had each other. Work with us. At least I know we'll have a better chance if we try together. Please."
- [Sees Jaune and Cinder charging each other, reminding her of Pyrrha's death. Becomes fearful as she shouts out, her silver eyes flaring again] "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"
- [To Yang, after she asks her if she is okay] "No. I'm angry."
- [To Mercury, after she headbutts him] "Whatever it takes to shut you up."
- [To Emerald, Mercury and Hazel] "That's enough! Just... give up."
- [To Blake] "That's all that matters. That we're all here together. Right?"
- [To Yang, in singsong after she asks what her gift is] "You'll have to wait and see!"
- [To Weiss, who is apprehensive about returning home] "I know you're worried, Weiss, but trust us. Team RWBY won't leave your side for a second! I promise."
- [To her team in their train cabin] "All right, girls, I think it's time for an official team exercise. Who wants to play video games?"
- [To Team JNR, after Ozpin reveals Grimm are attracted to the Relics] "It doesn't matter right now. Every second we're on board this train, we're putting everyone else in danger. Get the passengers to the front cars, you'll still mask the emotions and kill the turrets... we just can't come with you. If we cut the back cars with us and the Relic on them, we can deal with the Grimm. You just make sure the rest of the train makes it safely to Argus."
- [To Ozpin, in a flashback to after he explains the properties of the Lamp of Knowledge] "Well, at least now we know what it is. And we'll be sure to keep it safe!"
- [To Ozpin] "So all those times you talked about having faith in Humanity, that was just for everyone else?"
- "Jinn... what is Ozpin hiding from us?"
- [Comforting Oscar] "Of course not. You're your own person."
- [Searching the homestead basement with Weiss. Sighs as they find a wine cellar] "More alcohol... At least we'll never have problems starting a fire."
- [To Weiss, holding a can of shrimp-flavored beans] "Oh trust me, you put enough salt on anything, and it will taste juuust fine."
- [Snapping at her lethargic friends and family] "I'M NOT LEAVING WITHOUT THE LAMP!"
- [Reuniting with Jaune] "Hey... I promised, didn't I?"
- [To Jaune, in Saphron and Terra's apartment] "I can't believe I'm meeting your sister! I have so many questions."
- [Venting at Maria] "I don't know... I don't know anything... What do I tell Jaune and his team when we don't even have a plan? Qrow's out drinking, Ozpin hasn't come back and even if he did, I don't know if I could trust him. And there's always Jinn, but... we only have one more question we can ask her. I feel like I'm letting everyone down..."
- [To Maria, about her limited knowledge on Silver-Eyed Warriors] "Uh... Silver-Eyed people are supposed to be legendary warriors. Or something. And at the Fall of Beacon, I turned a giant Wyvern into stone."
- [Eagerly, to Maria] "So, how do I laser-beam monsters with my eyeballs?"
- [To Qrow] "Just because you don't have an idea, doesn't mean we're out of options! Oz hasn't been here to tell us what to do, but we still managed to get this far anyway. We've been in bad situations before, and we don't need an adult to come save us or tell us what to do. We just did it our way! And I say we do it our way. And if you think you can keep up with us "kids"... we'd be happy to have you."
- [To a panicking Qrow] "We're all in this together, and we're all going to do the best we can. That's all anyone can do. And I know it's what you've always aimed for. We would've come whether or not you'd let us, so stop talking like we're your responsibility! We're not! But we could still use Qrow Branwen on our side."
- [Defiantly standing in front of Cordovin's Colossus] "NO! We're going to Atlas. Bigger people than you have tried to stop us and failed, but we're supposed to be on the same side! We're supposed to use our power to protect people, but you just use yours to look down on everyone! We didn't want to steal from you. We did it because you gave us no other choice! Now I'm giving you one last chance to stand down and hear us out."
- [Radioing in to Argus Air Control] "I'm a Huntress. My team and I are heading to the Leviathan and can weaken it for you to attack!"
- [Apologizing to Jinn] "I'm sorry... I don't have a question for you. I just... I just needed a little more time..."
- [Nervously to her friends as they laud her] "Don't act like you all haven't done crazy stuff before. I- I mean, Oscar made a successful crash landing! ...He's a 14-year-old farm hand!"
- [To Pietro] "You know us?!"
- [To her group as Sabyrs approach them] "Well, we didn't come this far to fail now!"
- [Tearfully, upon reuniting with Penny] "Penny, I… I-I thought you…"
- [Upon arrival at Atlas Academy] "I guess we will be seeing the General. For better or worse."
- [To Ironwood, slightly lying about the events with Ozpin and Jinn] "We don't know. We were in a train crash, and ever since, well… suddenly, Oz wasn't there anymore. [...] He told us the lamp can answer three questions. But all the questions were used up already."
- [To Ironwood] "Tell us how we can help."
- [To Yang, about telling Ironwood the truth] "We are... We will. But you saw how things looked when we flew into Atlas."
- [To Harriet] "Whoa! Your Semblance makes you super fast, just like me!"
- [To Harriet, gushing over the Ace-Ops' teamwork standards] "Perfect complementary teamwork. Oh, yeah, I want to have my friends' backs just like that."
- [To Qrow, about withholding the truth] "I'm trying to do what I think is best, but I really can't tell if what's best is what's right. Or if I'm no different from Oz."
- [To Penny, becoming bored with long tundra trips] "It just makes for long... very long... supply runs."
- [To Ironwood, about the election] "It could be a chance to work with Robyn and get Mantle on your side."
- [To Marrow, with Penny at Robyn's election rally] "Just, uh, hangin' out with a friend while she's on the job."
- [To Nora and Ren, after Tyrian's massacre] "It was Tyrian! Tyrian's here!"
- [To Pietro] "I don't think Robyn was their target. Salem's goal has always been to divide us. I think Penny was exactly where they wanted her, just like at the Vytal Festival."
- [To Pietro, before learning of the secret to Penny's revival] "Even if the worst does happen, you can always reactivate her again, so maybe try not to worry so much."
- [To her team, JNR and Oscar] "On the news, he said he just wanted to break bread and hash things out. Maybe it won't be so bad? We do want the General to start opening up to these people, right?"
- [To Weiss] "Well, no one knows your dad better than you, and out of everyone going tonight, I'd say you're the only one who could snoop around the house and not be questioned. If Jacques Schnee is up to something, I think we should know what it is."
- [To Ironwood, encouragingly] "You're not alone. We can do this together."
- [Smiling as Ironwood and Robyn inform Mantle and Atlas of Salem's existence] "He's doing it..."
- [Eyeing the "Black Queen" chess piece on Ironwood's desk] "It's... glass... Black glass. This was Cinder."
- [To Salem's effigy] "We've seen what you're capable of. The lamp showed us. It showed us everything. We've seen that you can't be killed. But we've also seen you fail. We don't have to kill you to stop you. And we will stop you."
- [Trying to reason with Ironwood after he tells the group of the modified plan to escape Salem's invasion] "But we have an opportunity to reunite the world. If we launch the tower, we can all work together again. We could even call for help. If we can hold out long enough--"
- [Radioing in to her allies, before Ironwood cuts the signal] "Ironwood's declaring Martial Law and abandoning Mantle! Salem is coming, and he's going to use the Staff to move Atlas. If we don't stop him, then Mantle's going to be des--"
- [To Harriet, after she brags about the Ace-Ops as the best Huntsmen in Atlas] "You were. Then you trained us."
- [To Penny, who became the Winter Maiden after Fria's death] "Are you alright? Penny, what happened?"
- [To Yang, about restoring Amity Tower first] "We need to do what we can for everyone. What about Amity? And telling the world about Salem? We can't do this alone. We need help."
- [Arguing with Yang] "It's not pointless! Atlas is only Salem's current target. She's not hiding anymore and once she's done here she'll move on to the rest of Remnant. We need to warn them!"
- [To Penny, ensuring her she can still protect the city] But... you're still you, Penny. By becoming the Winter Maiden, you did protect Mantle."
- [To Weiss, as her group is trapped in the server room while Penny fights the Ace-Ops alone] "Penny's the Winter Maiden. I'm sure she can hold her own for a little bit."
- [To Penny, pulling her into a goodbye hug] "We'll see each other again really soon. I promise."
- [To Whitley, negotiating to let the group lay low in Schnee Manor while Nora recovers] "Look, our friend is hurt. We just need a place to lay low while she rests, and then we’ll be out of your way."
- [In her pre-recorded message broadcast to Remnant] "Um, uh... Hi. My name is Ruby Rose. I'm a Huntress. And if we've done everything right, then I'm talking to all of Remnant right now. Dr. Polendina can explain more later, but right now you all need to know that the Kingdom of Atlas is under attack. Things are dire, and we need help. But please, try not to panic. This isn’t some new enemy or invading Kingdom. This is a force we’ve faced before, for centuries... Salem. The White Fang, Atlesian drones, even the Grimm themselves have all been controlled and manipulated by her, in order to tear down the Huntsman Academies."
- [In her pre-recorded message broadcast to Remnant] "We didn't have time to prepare for Salem. But now you do! Just because she can't be destroyed, doesn't mean she can't be beaten. If she really was unstoppable, she wouldn't have acted with such caution until now. She knows we're a threat. So even if we-- even if Atlas falls, you can't give up."
- [Gazing into her mug] "How did it all get like this?"
- [To May] "There are no sides! We want to help everyone. We're all facing Salem together. And together is the only way we're going to get out of it."
- [Becoming overwhelmed with recent events] "It's all just... too much. The Grimm, the crater, Nora, Penny... How do we fix all of it?"
- [Upon discovering the Hound's true nature] "That was... a person."
- [Snapping over her group's indecision] "Then nothing has changed! We're in the exact same spot we were yesterday - arguing what to do while the kingdom waits to die."
- [To Yang, about the Hound] "That's what happened to Mom. When I saw its eyes, I knew. Salem used to kill people with silver eyes, like Maria. But she's always wanted me alive. But why would that change unless, when she met Mom… she learned she could do something new?"
- [To Yang, in despair over her recent decisions] "We shouldn't lie to ourselves. I've wasted our time getting Amity up, thinking help would come... But it didn't, and Amity fell. I was being childish."
- [To Penny] "But you've got an Aura, Penny, a soul. That's who you are - our friend, not a machine."
- [To Ironwood, under the ruse of accepting his demand to hand over Penny] "She'll do it."
- [To Ambrosius, about Penny] "We brought her schematics. We want you to make a new version of her using her exact same robot parts. [...] An exact copy of her would include the virus. An exact copy of her without the virus would cease to exist the second you make something else... and we kinda wanna keep her around longer than that."
- [To Ambrosius, addressing his uncertainty about the end result] "I don't know. I guess you just have to... get creative."
- [To a now-human Penny as they and their group prepare to head through the portal] "We go to Vacuo, all of us... and hope that we've thought of everything."
- [Staring at where Neo struck Yang into the void] "Yang...?"
- [To Neo, opening her arms to invite her attack] "Whatever you wanted... I hope it was worth it."
- [To Ruby, after having her luggage knocked over] "What are you doing?! Do you have any idea of the damage you could have caused?!"
- "Aren't you a little young to be attending Beacon?"
- [Dumbfounded at Ruby's lack of knowledge on Dust] What are you, brain dead? Dust! Fire, water, lightning... Energy!
- "You really want to make things up to me? Read this and never speak to me again!"
- [Responding to Ruby's offer to go shopping] "Yeah! And we can paint our nails and try out clothes and talk about cute boys like tall, blond and... scraggly over there."
- [Her internal monologue after partnering with Pyrrha] "This will be perfect! The smartest girl in class combined with the strongest girl in class! Together we will be unstoppable! I can see it now - we'll be popular, we'll be celebrities, we'll get perfect grades! Nothing could come between us now!"
- [Forced to be Ruby's partner during their years at Beacon] By no means does this make us friends.
- [To Ruby] "I will not let my mission be delayed because you're too slow! I swear, if I get a bad grade because of your-" [Pauses when Ruby appears next to her] "What the?!"
- [When Ruby suggests they jump off the Nevermore's back that they're riding on] "What, are you insane?!" [Sees Ruby has already jumped] "Oh, you insufferable little red-!"
- "I will admit, at times, I can be...difficult..."
- [Explaining Pyrrha's Semblance to Ruby] "No, you dunce! It means she has control over magnetism!"
- [Responding to Blake's snark about wearing a dress] "It's a combat skirt!"
- "You want to know why I despise the White Fang? Why I don't particularly trust the Faunus? It's because they've been in war with my family for years. War, as in, actual bloodshed. My grandfather's company has had a target painted across its back for as long as I can remember. And ever since I was a child, I've watched family, friends disappear. Board members... executed. An entire train car full of Dust stolen. And every day, my father would come home furious. And that made for a very difficult childhood."
- "Why does everyone keep calling me that?" [Ice Queen]
- "So Blake Belladonna, [Did triple front flip and land on a chair] What! Is! Wrong!?"
- "Okay, between blowing up night clubs, stopping thieves, and fighting for freedom, I'm sure the three of you think you're all ready to go out and apprehend these ne'er-do-wells..."
- [Responding to Jaune's date invitation] "No, no, no, yes."
- "No." [Close the door to Jaune face, then turns to Ruby and Yang] "What?"
- [Regarding Zwei] "Are you telling me that this mangy...drooling...mutt is going to wiv with us foweva?"
- "My father was not the start of our family name, and I refuse to let him be the end of it!"
- "It's a job. We all had this romanticized vision of being a Huntress in our heads! But at the end of the day, it's a job to protect the people! And whatever we want, will have to come second."
- [To her team after the Breach] "If we don't get extra credit for that, I'm going to be seriously disappointed."
- "How can my card be declined? I was barely into my monthly allowance!"
- [Watching Team SSSN take on Team NDGO] "Good luck, Neptune!" [After Neptune then flirts with Team NDGO] "BREAK HIS STUPID FACE, NDGO!"
- [Sees an approaching airship] [happily] "She's here!"
- [To Qrow after he insults Winter] "Excuse me? Do you have any idea who you talking to?"
- [After seeing Ruby's Uncle Qrow; to Ruby] "And, suddenly, your recklessness makes sense."
- "Just remember to keep proper form..."
- [To Yang about the nature of their Atlesian opponents] "Well, seeing as their Kingdom, academy and armed forces are all merged as one, I think we can expect strict, militant fighters with advanced technology and carefully rehearsed strategies." [Flynt and Neon appear in front of the pair] "...Or whatever they are."
- [After sacrificing herself to help RWBY win their battle against Team FNKI, covered in soot; coughs] "I may not be singing for a while..."
- [To Yang] "You're hotheaded, but not ruthless."
- [To Blake, when she doubts Yang's story] "How can you say something like that? Yang would never lie to us!"
- [Refusing to let Ruby rescue Jaune and Pyrrha alone] "No! WE will find them."
- [To Jacques, after he requests her to perform at a charity concert] "Are you asking me if I'd like to sing, or telling me?"
- [Ordering Henry Marigold to leave] "Get. Out. Get out, or I'll have security escort you out."
- [Snapping at a party attendee] "You don't have a clue! None of you do! You're all just standing around, talking about nothing: worrying about your hair, your money, your stupid problems that don't mean anything!"
- [To Jacques] "I'm not siding with anyone. I'm doing what I feel is right, and that does not include wasting my time up here with these clueless people in Atlas. The Schnee family legacy isn't yours to leave. It's mine, and I'll do it as a Huntress."
- [To Whitley] "Is that why you hate me? Are you jealous of my abilities? Of Winter's?"
- [To Klein, before leaving Schnee Manor] "I'll always have you. [...] Thank you, Klein."
- [To Vernal] "What's going to make this "complicated" is when my sister finds out I didn't make it to Mistral. You know my sister, don't you? Winter Schnee? Special Operative of the Atlas Military? She's in Mistral now, and when she hears I'm missing, it won't take her long to find me - and you." [Bandits near Vernal start laughing, knowing all Atlesian troops were recalled] "What's so funny?"
- [After her cover is indirectly blown by Yang] "Alright, well, subtlety is out."
- [To Yang, finding out Raven is her friend's mother] "Your MOM kidnapped me?!"
- [Reuniting with Yang] "I missed you so much."
- [To Raven, slightly mocking her] "You know, you're really obnoxious."
- [To her friends in the Mistral safehouse] "I so did not miss you people."
- [Handing Ruby her coffee] "Don't worry. I put in blasphemous amounts of cream and sugar, just for you."
- [Comforting Yang] "Yang... You, Ruby, and even Blake are more like family to me than my brother or even my own father. I would do anything for you three, and I'm willing to bet Blake feels the same way. So, when she's ready, I'll be there for her. And I know we're not as close, but... I'm here for you too."
- [Facing Vernal] "I'm more than a name."
- [To Blake, after she asks if she is hurt] "N-No! I just remember you being more of the quiet one."
- "Alright, what's the plan, Ruby?"
- [Upon learning the group's intention to take the Lamp to Atlas] "You've got to be joking..."
- "Well, I'm glad you're all excited. But I don't think you appreciate the trouble I went through to leave Atlas."
- [To Ozpin] "You know, I'm getting real tired of people choosing what's best for me."
- [To Ruby] "I mean... you heard what Jinn said. If there's no way to kill Salem, then what's the point in all of this?"
- [Apologizing to Ruby for her phrasing] "Sorry, I- I don't know what I'm saying, I'm just really tired and I really, really hate this place."
- [To Ruby, under the Apathy's influence] "Last night, I... I couldn't stop thinking - why are we even going to Atlas?"
- [To Blake, after her and Yang's final duel with Adam] "I'm sorry you went through that nightmare. But, I'm glad Yang was there for you in time."
- [To her friends before the Atlas skyline comes into view] "Well... believe it."
- [About the situation in Atlas] "I've never seen our forces deployed so aggressively before. If we land in a stolen ship, there's no way the security team will let us anywhere near Ironwood. They might even take me back to my father..."
- [After tossing Drunk Mann into a dumpster] "It was worth it."
- [To Winter, after she finds out the group stole an Atlesian airship to reach Atlas] "I'm sorry I worried you. But we did what we had to do."
- "Without heating or projected Aura, the cold of Solitas can kill you in a matter of hours."
- [To Yang, about their decision to hide the truth from Ironwood] "We need to play along for a while before we make any major decisions."
- [To Blake and Marrow] "I wish I could take back the years of pain my family has caused the Faunus and all of my complacency in it."
- "Ruby, we just explored a whole continent on foot before flying to this one."
- [To Jacques] "It was my decision to come here. Just like it was my decision to leave. Or have you forgotten all about that?"
- [To Jacques, about her team] "Not friends. Family."
- [To Winter, about breaking free of Jacques' influence] "Since Beacon, I haven't really had a choice. Father's view of the world no longer matches with mine."
- It's just… Our kingdom isn't supposed to be like this. Fearful, and withdrawn. We should be opening our borders to help the world, not closing them down.
- [To Winter, about her forced decisions] "But your destiny was chosen for you, without your input."
- "There's no way my father could've thought layoffs would do anything but hurt him. So why announce this the day before the election?"
- [To Oscar and her team, about Jacques' election win] "I still can't believe he won. Robyn was supposed to be the people's champion, wasn't she? There's just too many coincidences."
- [After Jacques' conspiracy with Watts is exposed] "Jacques Schnee, you're under arrest." [Turns to Ironwood] "Can I do that?"
- [Opposing Marrow] "This is my home. And I'm not giving it up without a fight."
- "We all have to carve out our own way."
- "We're never going to sleep again. I just know it."
- [To her group] "Snow Shoe Shipping is an SDC subsidiary, meaning all the drones here report to the company, not the general. The pneumatic tubes allow for Dust refined in the crater to be sent straight up to Atlas. We just need to find the one for the military base."
- [Starting to explain how to activate the pneumatic tubes] "It should be simple. If you lie back in the tube and press launch-" [Is sucked into the tube she is sitting in by Nora]
- [To Blake about Ruby and Yang, alluding to Winter] "Don't worry, they're sisters. Sometimes, sisters just have very different ideas about what's right."
- [About the Ace Ops as they fight a lone Penny] "Four versus one? Cowards."
- [To Whitley] "Go to your room."
- [Arguing with May on the importance of both Mantle and Atlas] "People are dying here, too. Don't you have family in Atlas?"
- [Upon Whitley saying he brought Klein back for Nora, not her] "I know. That's why it means so much to me."
- "SDC executives have their own auxiliary power supplies in case of a city-wide blackout. It's extremely unfair, but perhaps now isn't such a bad time for company perks."
- [To Ozpin, finishing for Blake] "Trust is a risk."
- [To her group, about navigating Ironwood's demands] "So we've got people trapped in Atlas and Mantle that we can't evacuate unless we use the Staff, which is located inside the Vault. If we open the Vault, Penny terminates. If Ironwood gets wind of any of this, he blows up Mantle."
- [To Ambrosius about the evacuation portal network, accidentally making the end portal one-way] "People enter from Atlas and Mantle on one side... and leave on the other side, with a one-way ticket to Vacuo."
- [To Ruby, before Cinder attacks them both] "Come on, we have to do this for Yang."
- [Meeting Ruby and Yang] "Aren't you the girl that exploded?"
- [Commenting on Ruby's optimism] "That's...very ambitious for a child. Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."
- [To Yang] "Did your sister just fall from the sky?"
- [Regarding Nora] "Did she just ride all the way over here on an Ursa?"
- [Regarding Pyrrha] "Did she just run all the way here with a Deathstalker on her tail?"
- "There's too much wrong in this world to just stand by and do nothing. Inequality, corruption... Someone has to stop it."
- [To Weiss, after continue insulting the faunus] "Stop calling him a rapscallion! Stop calling degenerate! He's a person!"
- [To Weiss, after continue insulting the faunus] "There's no such thing as pure evil! Why do you think they hate humanity so much!? It's because of people like Cardin, people like you that force the White Fang to take such drastic measures!"
- "Then, five years ago, our leaders stepped down and a new one took his place. A new leader with a new way of thinking. Suddenly our peaceful protests were replaced with organized attacks. We were setting fire to shops that refused to serve us, hijacking cargo from companies that used Faunus labor, and the worst part, it was working. We were being treated like equals, but not out of respect. Out of fear. So, I left. I decided I no longer wanted to use my skills to aid in their violence. Instead, I would dedicate my life to becoming a Huntress. So here I am, a criminal hiding in plain view, all with the help of a little, black bow."
- "I thought that class would never end."
- "Though, my first dance is spoken for."
- [Regarding Ruby and Yang's dog, Zwei; cowering on the top bunk] "Please keep it away from my belongings."
- "When you learned I was a faunus, I didn't know what to do so I ran! When I realized that my oldest partner had become a monster, I ran! Even my semblance... I was born with the ability to leave behind a shadow of myself. An empty copy that takes the hit while I run away.
- "I may have worked up an appetite." [Her stomach lets out a very loud growl]
- "I had someone very dear to me change. It wasn't in an instant, it was gradual... Little choices that began to pile up. He told me not to worry. At first, they were accidents... then it was self-defense. Before long, even I began to think he was right. This is all just... very... familiar. But you're not him. And you never done anything like this before. So... I want to trust you. I WILL trust you."
- [To Yang, after her arm gets sliced off by Adam; crying] "I'm sorry...I'm so sorry..."
- [About to toss her bow into the ocean] Won't be needing this.
- [Regarding the chaos in the Belladonna household] "Humans didn't do this to us! We did! Faunus! We did this to ourselves. We are just as capable of hate and violence as the humans, but I don't think any of us would jump at the chance to point that out. So why are we letting Adam do it for us? By doing nothing and staying silent, we let others speak and act in our place. And if we're not proud of the choices they make, then we have no-one to blame but ourselves. This is the message Adam Taurus will bring to the world if no one stops him. But we can stop him! You have to understand that all of you are looking for simple answers to a very complicated problem. And I can't give that to you. No one can. I don't know how to make hate go away. I don't. But I know that this kind of violence is not the solution. I understand that to ask you to leave your homes and protect Haven Academy is asking you to put your lives at risk, but that's exactly what's at stake. So I'm going. And I'll stand by myself if I have to."
- "This isn't the first time humans have died on missions you've led. How many more 'accidents' are there going to be?"
- "Adam's strong, but, his real power comes from control. He used to get in my head, make me feel small. But, now I think he just wanted to bring me down to his size."
- "Let go of the past, Adam. Do it for yourself."
- "I have people who actually care about me! And I promised that I would never leave them again! So I'm not dying now!"
- [To Yang, after they kill Adam; crying] "I'm not gonna break my promise. I swear!"
Yang Xiao LongEdit
- "Oh, I can't believe my baby sister's going to Beacon with me! This is the best day EVER!"
- [Standing in front of Beacon] "The view from Vale's got nothing on this."
- [Said after strategically landing] "Nailed It!"
- [Facing off with Grimm Ursas] "You guys wouldn't happen to have seen a girl in a red hood, would you? [The Ursas roar and attack] You could just say 'no'!"
- [Dodging attacks from the Grimm Ursas] "Geez, you two couldn't hit the broad side of a b- [Sees a single one of her hairs fall to the ground, cut off from one of the attacks] You...[Her eyes turn red] YOU MONSTERS!"
- [Picking a white knight chess piece from the relics] "Hey, how about a cute little pony?"
- [After hearing Jaune's screams] "Some girl is in trouble!"
- "I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something crazy happens again?!"
- "I always kick my semester off with a 'Yang'!"
- "Great, the gang's all here. Now, we can die together."
- [While shooting Nevermore in the mouth] "I hope you're hungry!"
- [To Penny] "Are you sure you didn't hit your head?" [Blake hits her]
- "What cat ears? She wears a... bow..."
- [Weiss refuse to go out with Jaune] "And that's why they call you the Ice Queen!"
- "Hey, we've got a plan. That's...moderately serious."
- "We're going to find the answers we're looking for, Blake. But if we destroy ourselves in the process, then what good are we?"
- "I'm a thrill-seeker. I want to travel around the world and get wrapped up in as many crazy adventures as I can. And if I help people along the way, then that's even better. It's a win-win, y'know?"
- [Stretches and lays back, replies with no emotion] "Yay, teamwork, camaraderie, good guys, go team, alright, good job."
- [To Weiss, after she sacrificed herself to help Yang defeat Team FNKI] "You know...I don't think that was proper form."
- [After Yang punch Mercury in his legs, before he attack first] "That what you get, you lit-"
- [To Raven Branwen] Because you're afraid of Salem! And if you think that having a maiden's power put a target on your back, imagine what she'd do if she finds out that you have a relic.
- [To Adam] Did [Blake] make that promise [to stay at your side] to you? Or to the person you were pretending to be?
- "Great, where am I going to find another nice, quirky girl to talk to?"
- "Well, hot stuff, play your cards right, and maybe you could join up with the winning team."
- [jumps off tree branch and catches a falling Weiss] Just... dropping in? [Weiss look down, then he looks down] Oh, God. [they hang on to each other wide-eyed as their moment of suspension ends, their weapons flying behind them] Oh, noooooooo- Oomph!
- "'Run and Live.' That's an idea I can get behind."
- "I'm tired of being the lovable idiot, stuck in the tree while his friends fight for their lives! Don't you understand? If I can't do this on my own... then what good am I?"
- [To Cardin, after saving his life] "Don't ever mess with my team - my friends - ever again. Got it?!"
- [To Weiss] "Bring it on Ice Queen, I have you know I've been told I'm a natural born leader."
- "♫ Weiss Schnee, will you accompany me, to the dance on... Sunday! ♫"
- [To Pyrrha] "Oh please, if you don't get a date to the dance I'll wear a dress. Heh."
- "NORA, I SAID HEADPHONES ON!"
- "Hold my punch!" [After Jaune left, Ruby drink it]
- [To Neptune] "D-do you even care about the girls you're hitting on? How they feel about you?"
- "Hey, an Arc never goes back on his word."
- [Raises a glass to Ruby as they stand at the punch bowl at the dance] "To the socially awkward."
- [After eating a bunch of ramen bought by Pyrrha before Team JNPR's fight in the tournament] "If I barf, I'm blaming it on you."
- [To Pyrrha, final talk when she planning to stop Cinder] No... No, Pyrrha, you can't! You see how powerful she is! Pyrrha I won't let you do-" [Pyrrha kisses Jaune]
- [Rambling to Ren] "We've been friends for soooooooo long! What are the odds we'd still be together? Well, not 'together-together'... Not that I'm not saying that you're not handsome; you are handsome, but that'd just be weird, right?"
- [While poking Ren] "Boop!"
- [Riding a Grimm Ursa to the temple] "YEE-HAAA!" [The Ursa collapses and dies] "Aww, it's broken! Ewww...."
- "You're going on world-saving missions without us?! I'm hurt and sad! Maybe a little hungry, that last one's not your fault, though...REN."
- "NORA SMASH!"
- "This. Is. Happening!"
- [Singsong] "I'm queen of the castle! I'm queen of the castle!"
- [Nora wake up a little] "Pancakes!"
- "Practice what you preach, Pyrrha."
- "Don't be so nervous! The worst that could happen is we lose! Then it's just a few more years of walking around school with everyone knowing we're failures, our friends will slowly abandon us to preserve their social status, [Starting to be nervous] we won't be able to show our faces in class, [Turning white] no one will sit with us in the cafeteria, Ren and I have no parents, we have no home left to go to, we'll be officially renamed Team LOSER-per! Ah ha ha ha ha!" [Sobbing]
- [To Pyrrha] "You heard the lady! No more moping around! We gotta get your butt in shape for the big fight! It could be today! It could be tomorrow! It could be [while lifting 1000 IB weight] the most important fight of your entire life!" [Then fell down]
- [To Ren, about his special juice] "We're suppose to help Pyrrha not poison her."
- [About Hazel] "I don't need him to hurt. I just need him to go down!"
- "And you said it wasn't beach season!"
- "You get back here with my man!"
- "I'm sorry!"
- "For it is in passing that we achieve immortality, through this we become a paragon of virtue and glory to rise above all. Infinite in distance and unbound by death, I release your soul, and by my shoulder, protect thee."
- [To Team RWBY] "Hello again!"
- "You can't get it wrong if it's the truth."
- "Well, Ruby have her speed, Weiss have her glyphs, my semblance is polarity.
- "Ren made pancakes. No syrup, though. You can thank Nora for that."
- [To Jaune, before he said Blake was a Faunus in the library] "Fun-loving person whom we all admire and respect!"
- "I've been blessed with incredible talents and opportunities; I'm constantly surrounded by love and praise; but when you're placed on a pedestal like that for so long, you become separated from the people that put you there in the first place. Everyone assumes I'm too good for them - that I'm on a level that they simply can't attain. It's become impossible to form any sort of meaningful relationship with people. That's what I like about you: when we met, you didn't even know my name; you treated me like anyone else. And thanks to you, I've made friendships that will last a lifetime. I guess, you're the kind of guy I wish I was here with - someone who just saw me for me."
- "Thank you Professor Ozpin, but I would never have made it this far without my teammates."
- "There's no time..."
- [Last words, to Cinder] "Do you believe in destiny?"
- [In the recording left to Jaune] " I know this can be frustrating… And it can feel like so much effort to progress such a small amount, but I want you to know that I’m proud of you. I’ve never met someone so determined to better themselves. You’ve grown so much since we started training. And I know this is just the beginning. Jaune, I-I…I want you to know that I’m just happy to be a part of your life. I'll always be here for you, Jaune. "
- [To Nora] "I don't think sloths make a lot of noise."
- "I still don't think that's what a sloth sounds like."
- [After Nora rides a Grimm Ursa to meet up with Yang and Blake] "Nora…please…don't ever do that again."
- "Time we left!"
- [To Nora, after drinking Ren's special juice] "You're the one that wasted perfectly good juice."
- [To Jaune during their sparring match] "This is the part where you lose."
- [Bullying Velvet about her bunny ears] "I told you it was real!"
- "Well, I know it's a lot easier to train an animal than a soldier."
- [To Jaune] "You know that wasn't very smart, Jaunie-boy."
- [After Pyrrha easily beats him in sparring; Groaning on the ground] "You got a lucky shot."
- "That's a big Ursa!"
- "Nice hustle, Fox. Good job."
- "You just destroyed my favorite clothing store. [Spits off to the side] Prepare to die."
- [To Velvet] "Hey, come on. You've spent all semester building that up. Don't waste it here."
- [Regarding Emerald] "Oh, I like her."
- [Later, after Emerald breaks her sunglasses] "I take it back. I don't like her."
- [begging Cardin Winchester to let go of her bunny ear] "Please, stop..."
- "It was just... There were just so many."
- [After taking a picture of Ruby by accident] "Ohh! Sorry."
- "A no-good stowaway would have been caught. I'm a great stowaway!"
- "Finally, she speaks! Nearly two days and you've given me nothing but small talk and weird looks. [Blake glare at him] Ya! like that.
- "Of course I know about the White Fang. There isn't a single Faunus on the plane that hasn't heard of them. Stupid, holier-than-thou creeps that use brute force to get what they want. Bunch of freaks if you ask me.
- [To Blake] "Weren't you part of a cult or something?"
- "And I don't mean a 'Tell-Scarlet-as-soon-as-Sun-turns-his-back' secret, I mean a 'secret' secret!"
- [After watching RWBY and JNPR's food fight] "I love these guys."
- [To Blake, regarding her seriousness] "Always sunshine and rainbows with you."
- "Hey, I may have moved to Mistral, but I grew up in Vacuo. It's not exactly a shirt-and-tie kind of place."
- "So, how does Blake feel about all this? Is she still being all, you know...Blake-y?"
- [He introduce to Neptune team RWBY] "Ruby, Yang, Blake, Ice Queen."
- [To Neptune] "Shut up. Don't be a nerd."
- "Psh! That's dumb! We should always get friends involved!"
- "The White Fang are evil! I totally called it! And I'm bringing your daughter back!"
- "Stupid dumb neck trap."
- [Regarding Neptune] "Ignore him, for he...yeah, he's dumb."
- [After Scarlet gets eliminated with a flaming coconut hit his groin] "Nuts."
- [When the another Atlesian Paladin appear] "...You have got to be kidding me!"
- [After Ruby and Weiss go to find Jaune and Pyrrha, saying that they'll be back] "You better! [Whispers] Idiots."
- [When asked if he's gonna be cool] "Dude."
- [To Sun] "Intellectual. Okay. Thank you."
- [After Yang entrance] "Whoa, What a woman?" [looking at Malachite twins] "Sup?"
- "I can't dance, man!"
- "Ignore him, for he knows not what he says."
- [To Weiss, regarding Jaune] "You're looking at him. You got some good friends looking out for you."
- "Then you can party with us tonight! We're shadowing a crime specialist. All inner-city detective stuff. We get junior badges."
- [To NDGO] "Ladies!"
- [To Sun, After shot at Dew] "There, I helped! Are you happy now?!... Also, I am not afraid of water and I have no idea what YOU are talking about!"
- "Looks like we'll have to do this the hard way."
- [To Mercury Black about the White Fang] "No, but they'll listen to me."
- "The White Fang is not a group of mercenaries for hire. We are a force of revolution!"
- "Bring them to their knees!"
- [To Blake] "Hello, my darling."
- "But I understand because all I want is you, Blake... And as I set out upon this world and deliver the justice mankind so greatly deserves, I going to destroy everything you love. [After hear Yang calling Blake when she attack two members of the White Fang] Starting with her!"
- "We're better than humans. We have everything humans have and more... Humanity should not only fear the Faunus... they should serve the Faunus."
- "I AM GOING TO MAKE HUMANITY PAY FOR WHAT THEY'VE DONE!!!
- "It's time we stood up for ourselves. Our kind has been beaten. Murdered. Treated like dogs. Taking this dust is only illegal in the eyes of the same people that call us animals."
- "We may not want them to know who we are, but we should make sure they never forget what we looked like. Now... [busts open the door to Dust Processing] It's time we got what we deserved."
- [To Blake] "I'm out there fighting for us and when you fight, people get hurt. What, do you want me to abandon our cause? Like your parents!?"
- "WHY DID YOU HAVE TO COME INTO MY LIFE AND RUIN EVERYTHING!?!?"
- "I let you go once already, Blake. I am never making that mistake again."
- "People have hurt me long before we met. All sorts of people in all sorts of ways. But none have hurt me quite like you. You didn't leave scars; you just left me alone. So, tell me, Blake. How does it feel to be alone."
- [To Yang] Are you just trying to scare me away so you don't have to die trying to protect [Blake]?
- You know, [Blake] made a promise to me once... that she'd always be at my side. And look how well she's kept it.
- "I know you've made your choice... And I've made mine."
- "Moment of truth, Yang! Do you think you're faster than you were at Beacon? [Yang hesitates] Me neither.
- [To Yang] HIT ME ALREADY!!! WHAT DOES SHE SEE IN YOU!?!? YOU'RE JUST A COWARD LIKE HER!!!
- "I'm combat ready!"
- "And I think Weiss's hair looks wonderful today!"
- [To Ruby about Blake] "Is she a man?!"
- "I'm... not a real girl..."
- [To Weiss and Winter after taking down one of Winter's guards] "Hey, [Weiss and Winter turn around] yeah! I talking to you, Ice Queens."
- [In a mysterious message to Ozpin] "Queen has pawns."
- "Gee, you ATLAS specialists think you're so special, don't you?"
- "Well you know what you really are? A buncha sellouts. Just like your boss."
- "You sent me to get intel on our enemy, and I'm telling you, our enemy is here."
- "Communication is a two-way street, pal. You see this? That's the 'send' button."
- [To Ironwood] "When you brought your fleet here, were you even trying to be discreet, or do you just not give a damn?!"
- "Despite what the world thinks, we're not just teachers, or generals, or headmasters. The people in this room, the leaders of the other two academies; we're the ones that keep the world safe from the evils no one knows about."
- [Countering Ironwood] "If I was one of your men, I'd shoot myself."
- [To Winter] And I have reason to assume you don't need to be here. [To Ironwood] Seriously, who invited her?
- "You may be acting like Huntresses, but you're not thinking like one."
- "Unless it's a dude or some old hag! Then the power goes to someone random and our jobs get a lot harder."
- [Pyrrha answer about maiden power] "Look who been listening, she is smart."
- "You're special, Ruby. And not in the "Daddy love his angel" kinda way. You're special the same way your mom was."
- "Remnant's full of legends and stories. Some of them true, some made-up, but there's one Ozpin told me from a very long time ago. Back before Huntsmen, before kingdoms, it was said that those born with silver eyes were destined to lead the life of a warrior. You see, the creatures of Grimm, the most fearsome creatures mankind had ever encountered, were afraid of those silver-eyed warriors. They were the best of the best. It was said that even a single look from these warriors could strike a Grimm down. [Chuckles] It's a ridiculous story."
- [First lines] "Ruby Rose. You... have silver eyes..."
- [Said while inviting Ruby to Beacon Academy] "So you want to come to my school?... Well, okay."
- "I'll...keep this brief. You have traveled here today in search of knowledge—to hone your craft and acquire new skills--and when you have finished, you plan to dedicate your life to the protection of the people. But I look amongst you, and all I see is wasted energy, in need of purpose--direction. You assume knowledge will free you of this, but your time at this school will prove that knowledge can only carry you so far. It is up to you to take the first step."
- "Jaune Arc, Pyrrha Nikkos, Lie Ren, and Nora Valkyrie. You retrieved the white rook pieces. From this day forward, you will be together as Team JNPR, led by...Jaune Arc. Congratulations, young man."
- "Blake Belladonna, Ruby Rose, Weiss Schnee, and Yang Xiao Long. You retrieved the white knight pieces. From this day forward, you will be together as Team RWBY, led by...Ruby Rose."
- "It looks like things are shaping up to be an…interesting year."
- "Ruby. I've made more mistakes than any man, woman, and child on this planet. But at this moment, I would not consider your appointment to leader to be one of them. Do you?"
- "Being a team leader isn't just a title you carry into battle, but a badge you wear constantly. If you are not always performing at your absolute best, then what reason do you give others to follow you?"
- "I may be your headmaster, but I am also a Huntsman, and it is my sworn duty to protect this world from the forces that conspire against it."
- "If you think about it, fighting and dancing aren't so different. Two partners interlocked... although, one wrong move on the ballroom could merely lead to a swollen foot."
- "It's not every day that friends are able to come together like this. Time has a way of testing our bonds, but it's nights like these that can help keep them stronger than ever. Nights like these are ones we'll never forget."
- [To Ironwood] "So tell me, when you prepare to go to war, which do you send in first: the flagbearer, or the scouts?"
- "Now, now, everyone. There's a sanctioned fight happening just around the corner at the coliseum that, I can assure you, has better seats...and popcorn."
- "A guardian is a symbol of comfort, but an army is a symbol of conflict."
- "Hello and welcome to Beacon. My name is Glynda Goodwitch. You are among a privileged few who have received the honor of being selected to attend this prestigious academy! Our world is experiencing an incredible time of peace, and as future Huntsmen and Huntresses, it is your duty to uphold it. You have demonstrated the courage needed for such a task, and now it is our turn to provide you with the knowledge and the training to protect our world."
- [To Ruby] "If it were up to me, you'd be sent home, with a pat on the back... and a slap on the wrist!"
- "Children please, do not play with your food."
- "Oh, James... [To Ozpin] I be outside.
- [To Ironwood] "Why must your answer to everything involve a triumphant display of military bravado!?"
- "Ozpin has experience the rest of us lack, and I think that's something worth remembering."
- "A true Huntsman must be honorable! A true Huntsman must be dependable! A true Huntsman must be strategic, well-educated, and wise!"
- "I've believed in Professor Ozpin for many years, and the man's never once led me astray!"
- [To Weiss] "So instead of fretting about what you don't have, savor what you do. Hone your skills, perfect every technique, and be, not the best leader, but the best person you can be."
- [After Team JNPR defeats Team BRNZ when Nora hits all of BRNZ at once with her hammer, slamming them into the side wall] "And with that, it appears that Team JNPR wins by knockout, literally!...Can someone go make sure they're okay?"
- "Fear is like any other emotion; it comes and goes. It's all in how you handle it."
- "Now, while this must feel like ancient history to many of you, it is imperative to remember that these are relatively recent events! Why, the repercussions of the uprising can still be seen to this day!"
- "History is important, gentlemen. If you don't learn from it... you are destined to repeat it."
- [To team RWBY before leaving on their first mission] "Why, hello girls! Who's ready to fight for their lives?"
- [To Weiss] "It's 'Doctor' Oobleck. I didn't earn the PhD for fun, thank you very much!"
- "According to my schedule, we're already 3 minutes behind...schedule!"
- "Why, what a preposterous question, you silly girl! Why, history is the backbone of our very society! And the liver! And probably the kidneys, if I were to wager!"
- "As a Huntsman, it is my job to protect the people, and although I am capable of doing it with traditional weaponry, I believe I can make a much larger impact if I do it with my mind."
- "I am a Huntsman, Ruby, because there is nothing else in this world I would rather be."
- "Grab your weapons. Your leader might be in trouble."
- "My dear, we're not just looking for an underground crime network, we're looking for an "UNDERGROUND" CRIME NETWORK!"
- [After Reese Chloris is eliminated] "OOH, she really should've worn a helmet."
- [After Flynt Coal is eliminated] "Ouch! Sour note for Flynt!"
- "Despite popular belief, teachers have a life outside the classroom."
Hei "Junior" XiongEdit
- [To Yang] "Blondie! You're here...why?
- "Torchwick hired my boys, and I guess he wasn't happy with them. WHICH IS SOMETHING I CAN RELATE TO!"
- Miltiades: [in Yang's trailer] "Melanie, who is this girl?"
- Melaine: "I don't know, Miltia, but we should teach her a lesson."
- Malachite Twins: [To Neptune] "Hmm. Whatever."
- "Calm down, we're not here for your money... Grab the Dust."
- [To Ruby] "End of the line, Red!"
- "Wow, you are much more manageable without that oversized gardening tool of yours."
- [To Sun] "You are not the brightest banana in the bunch, are ya kid?"
- "Well, Red, I think we can all say that it's been an eventful evening. And as much as I'd love to stick around, I'm afraid that this... is where we part ways."
- "Oh, hello, Red. Isn't it past your bedtime?"
- "These kids just keep getting weirder!"
- [To Emerald and Mercury] "Oh look, she sent the kids again. This is turning out just like the divorce."
- [To Cinder, when he about to threat Mercury and Emerald] "I'd uh... Not kill them?"
- "Now, I'll be the first to say this; Humans... are the worst. Case in point. So I can understand why you'd love to see us all locked away, or better yet, killed. But, before the claws come out, I'd like to mention the fact that you and I all have a common enemy: the ones in control; the people pulling the strings; the dirty, rotten humans that run our kingdoms! Government; military; even the schools: they're all to blame for your lot in life! And they're all pests that need to be dealt with! Fortunately, I'm the best exterminator around... No offense to any rodents in the room."
- [After team RWBY destroys his battle mech] "Just got this thing cleaned!"
- [To RWBY] "Ladies, Ice Queen..."
- "Manic animals, every one of 'em. [Mammoth White Fang Faunus heard and look at Roman] Not you though, you're, heh... you're great.
- [Facing off with Blake] "Hello, kitty-cat. You miss me? You know, we really ought to stop meeting like this. People are gonna talk."
- [To Blake] "Do you really think a little bow on top is going to make people forget what you were, what you've done?"
- "Oh, I can't believe that you caught me. You've really taught me the error of my ways. [ATLAS soldier push him] Hey hey, watch the hat!"
- [To Ironwood] "I know this might be hard to believe, General, but uh... I'm not the biggest fan of local law enforcement."
- [After Neo free him] "Well... it's about time."
- "Woo-hoo-hahahaha! Oh, it is good to be back!"
- [After Neo text Guess Who? It show Ruby] "Oh, you can not be serious."
- "I may be gambling man, but even I know there's some bets you just don't take."
- "You know the old saying. "If you can't beat'em-" [Ruby open Neo umbrella, and send her flying] NEO!"
- [Confronting Ruby again] "Little Red, Little Red. You're just determined to be the hero of Vale, aren't you?"
- "[Last words] You've got spirit, kid. But this is the real world! The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You wanna be a hero? Then play the part, and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: Lie, steal, cheat, and SURVIVE!" [Gets devoured by a Grimm Gryphon]
- "How very disappointing, Roman."
- "We have big plans for you, Roman. All that we ask for is... a little cooperation."
- "Don't think. Obey."
- "People assume that she's fated for victory, when she's really taking fate into her own hands."
- "It's not about overpowering an enemy. It's about taking away what power they have. And we will, in time."
- "They'd be scratching their heads long after we finished what we came here for."
- "Enjoy the rest of the night. After all, it is a party."
- "Even if you know how a story ends, that doesn't make it any less fun to watch."
- "Let's give everyone a good fight."
- "It's unfortunate you were promised a power that was never truly yours."
- [When Ruby suddenly emits a bright light from herself, freezing the Grimm dragon and Cinder] "WHAT?!"
- "I want to be strong. I want to be feared. I want to be powerful."
- [To Vernal] It's nothing personal, dear. You're just not worthy of such power. But I am... So I will take... what is mine...
- [To Neo]' I didn't kill your boss. If you want revenge, take it out on Little Red.
- [To Neo]' Now you understand. I've got to get the relic before it could be secured in Atlas. It's the only way that Salem... (sighs) It's the only way we can accomplish our goal. You're not the only one who wants Ruby dead. But, unfortunately, Salem does not feel the same way. I've been instructed not to kill her, but you... You have no such orders. You can do as you please. Help me get to Atlas. Help me find her. And the rest is up to you.
- You know, Neo, someone once asked me if I believe in destiny. And I'm happy to say that I still do.
- "Ooh, Emerald! Master thief! Please don't take my money! I barely have enough to get by!"
- [After assassinating Tuksun, he walks out reading a magazine. Emerald gives him a look] "What? I like the pictures..."
- [To Roman] "You're an inspiration to every punk with a gun and a ski mask."
- "Learning is SO MUCH fun."
- [To Yang about the School Dance] "Wouldn't miss it for the world."
- [Confirming Qrow's arrival to Cinder] "Bad hair, used a scythe, and smelled like my dad after a long day. It was him."
- "There's not going be next time, Blondie!"
- "Hmm... Options are nice."
- [On Pyrrha's fighting abilities] "Just enough to make it look like she's untouchable. She doesn't broadcast her power, so it puts her opponent at a disadvantage."
- "It appears all the dancers have partner."
- "That's still days away!"
- "[Whisper] "Really social Awkward."
- [Regarding Team RWBY] "How can they be so happy all the time?!"
- [Briefing Mercury on who's representing RWBY in the second round of the tournament] "It's the heiress and the bimbo."
- "Ugh, headache. One mind I can handle, but two is a stretch."
- [Questioning Ozpin] "I have served you faithfully for years...but if you mean to tell me that your plan is to hold the defenses, and wait—"
- [To Ozpin] "Oz, you and I both know why I brought those men."
- [To Qrow after Battle with Winter] "If you were one of my men, I'd have you shot!"
- "You have two choices: Defend your kingdoms and your schools... Or save yourselves."
- [To Yang] "We have a lot to talk about."
- [To Qrow] "Hello, brother."
- "I warned you Beacon would fall, and it did. I told you Ozpin would fail, and he has. Now, you tell me: DOES SALEM HAVE IT?"
- "I lead our people now, and as leader, I will do everything to ensure our survival."
- "The strong live, the weak die. Those are the rules."
- [Seeing Ruby] "So, this is the leader you wrote of. How incredibly...underwhelming."
- [Regarding Qrow's claim that ATLAS specialists think they're special] "It's in the title."
- "If you won't hold your tongue, I will gladly take it out for you!"
- "We Schnees are unique. Our semblances are hereditary."
- "Your semblance is like a muscle. The more you practice with it, the stronger it will become. But, if you only focus on one aspect of it, if you fail to test the limits of what is possible, then you'll never truly grow."
- "A smaller, more honest soul. It's true that a simple spark can ignite hope; breathe fire into the hearts of the weary. The ability to derive strength from hope is undoubtedly mankind's greatest attribute. Which is why I will focus all of my power... to snuff it out. How does it feel, knowing that all of your time and effort has been for nothing? That your guardians have failed you? That everything you've built will be torn down before your very eyes? Your faith in mankind had not been misplaced. When banded together, unified by a common enemy, they are a noticeable threat. But divide them, place doubt into their minds and any semblance of power they once had will mash away. Of course, they won't realize it at first. Like you, they'll cling to their fleeting hope, their aspirations. But this is merely the first move. So you send your guardians, your huntsmen and huntresses, and when they fail and you turn to your smaller soul, know that you send her to the same pitiful demise. This is the beginning of the end, Ozpin... and I can't wait to watch you burn."
- "Because of your efforts, Beacon has fallen. And Haven will be next."
[Pleading with Roman] "Just take my Lien and leave!"
[Defending his store's catchphrase] "It's just a catchphrase."
- Lisa Lavender
[Talking about the Faunus Civil Rights Protest] "This Saturday's Faunus Civil Rights Protest turned dark, when members of the White Fang disrupted the ceremony."
"The robbery was led by nefarious criminal, Roman Torchwick, who continues to evade authorities. If you have any information on his whereabouts please contact the Vale Police Department."
- White Fang lieutenant
[Facing off with Weiss] "Finally, I get to kill a Schnee!"
- Dr. Merlot
[Discussing with Ozpin via scroll] "Trying to make the world a better place is wrong? Say what you will about me. It won't change the fact that you're powerless to stop me. "
[Knocks a glass to the floor, breaking it.] "Aw, gee-darn it."
- Neon Katt
"Never miss a beat!"
- Flynt Coal
"That was a gutsy move, Schnee...I dig it."
[Message to Roman, with a picture of Ruby] "Guess who?"
[After Ruby slices off his stinger] "You BITCH!"
"An eye for an eye..."
"Don't misunderstand. I am in mourning just as you are. Because you failed our queen. And that is... a tragedy.
"You couldn't just let this rivalry remain between us, could you, Maria? You had to bring in children to fail along with you!
"This is what happens when you think you know better than those rightfully in charge!"
"There's an old saying that goes... if you want something done right... do it yourself."
Ruby Rose [Volume 1, Episode 1]
- Ozpin: So...[He and Goodwitch look at footage of Ruby fighting off several of Torchwick's henchmen] Where did you learn to do this?
- Ruby: S-Signal Academy.
- Ozpin: They taught you to use one of the most dangerous weapons ever designed?
- Ruby: Well, one teacher in particular.
- Ozpin: I see...[Puts a plate of cookies on the table in front of Ruby. Ruby hesitantly eats one, looks at Ozpin, then eats more] It's just that I've only seen one other scythe-wielder of that skill before. A dusty, old crow.
- Ruby: [Mumbles with a mouthful of cookies.] Thas ma unca Mmmf! [Ozpin stares at her; Ruby quickly swallows and clears her throat] Sorry. That's my Uncle Qrow. He's a teacher at Signal. I was complete garbage before he took me under his wing. Now, I'm all, like [does karate arm moves and light shouts]
- Ozpin: So I've noticed.
- Ruby: I wonder who we're gonna meet.
- Yang: I just hope they're better than "Vomit Boy".
- Ruby: Oh, Yang, gross, you have puke on your shoe!
- Yang: Gross, gross, gross...
- Ruby: Get away, get away! Get away from me! Get away from me! Get away from me! Get away from me!
The Shining Beacon [Volume 1, Episode 2]
- Ruby: Hey, I said I was sorry, Princess!
- Blake: It's Heiress, actually! Weiss Schnee, heiress, to the Schnee Dust Company, one of the largest producers of energy propellant in the world.
- Weiss: Finally, some recognition!
- Blake: The same company infamous for its controversial labor forces and questionable business partners.
- Weiss: -What- How dare-!
[Ruby started to laugh]
- Weiss: The nerve of-! [Weiss snatch her dust from Blake and walk away] Ugh!
- Ruby: Look, I'm sorry Vomit-boy was the first thing that came to mind.
- Jaune: Oh yeah, what it I called you Crater-face?
- Ruby: Hey, that explosion was an accident.
The Shining Beacon Pt. 2 [Volume 1, Episode 3]
- Yang: So, how's your first day going, little sister?
- Ruby: You mean since you ditched me and I exploded?
- Yang: Yikes, meltdown already?
- Ruby: No, I literally exploded a hole in front of the school. And there was fire and I think some ice.
- Yang: Are you being sarcastic?
- Ruby: I wish! I tripped over some crabby girl's luggage, and then she yelled at me, and I sneezed, and then I exploded, and then she yelled again, and I felt really, really bad, and I just wanted her to stop yelling at me! [During this, the camera pans over to reveal Weiss standing right behind Ruby, listening the whole time]
- Weiss: YOU!
- Ruby: [Jumps into Yang's arms] Oh God, it's happening again!
- Weiss: You're lucky we weren't blown off the side of the cliff!
- Yang: [Deadpan] Oh my God, you really exploded.
- Ruby: Hello Weiss, I'm Ruby. Wanna hangout? We could go shopping for school supplies!
- Weiss: Yeah! And we can paint our nails and try out clothes and talk about cute boys like tall, blond and... scraggly over there.
- Ruby: Wow! Really?!
- Weiss: ...NO.
[First-year students spend their first night at Beacon in sleeping bags in main hall. Ruby is in her sleeping bag, writing]
- Yang: [Plops down next to Ruby] It's like a big slumber party!
- Ruby: I'm not sure Dad would approve of all the boys, though.
- Yang: [Winks] I know I do...
- Yang: What's that?
- Ruby: A letter to the gang back at Signal. I promised to tell them all about Beacon and how things are going.
- Yang: Awww, that's so cuuuuute!
[Ruby throws her pillow at Yang]
- Ruby: Shut up!
- Ruby: As a girl, I wanted to be just like those heroes in the books... Someone who fought for what was right, and protected people who couldn't protect themselves!
- Blake: That's...very ambitious for a child. Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale.
- Ruby: Well, that's why we're here. To make it better.
- Weiss: What in the world is going on over here!? Don't you realize some of us are trying to sleep!? [After seeing it's Ruby who woke her up]
- Weiss and Yang: OH, NOT YOU AGAIN!
- Ruby: Shh! Guys, she's right! People are trying to sleep!
- Weiss: Oh, now you're on my side.
- Ruby: I was always on your side!
- Yang: Yeah, What's your problem with my sister? She's only trying to be nice!
- Weiss: She's a hazard to my health!
[Blake blows out the candles]
The Emerald Forest [Volume 1, Episode 6]
- Ruby: What was that!? That should have been easy!
- Weiss: Well, perhaps, if you had used even the slightest amount of caution in the placement of your strikes, I wouldn't have set the forest on fire!
- Ruby: What's that supposed to mean!?
- Weiss: I'm just surprised that someone who talks so much could communicate so little during an encounter.
- Ruby: Well, I'm sorry that you need my help to win a fight. I'm just fine on my own!
- Weiss: Well, congratulations on being the strongest child to sneak your way into Beacon. Bravo.
Players and Pieces [Volume 1, Episode 8]
- Weiss: [She and Ruby are riding on the back of a Nevermore] RUBY! I told you that this was a terrible idea!
- Ruby: We'll be fine! Stop worrying!
- Weiss: I am so beyond worrying!
- Ruby: ...In a good way?
- Weiss: In a BAD way! In a VERY BAD way!
- Ruby: Well, why don't we just jump?
- Weiss: What, are you insane?! [Sees Ruby has already jumped] Oh, you insufferable little red-!
- Yang: Ruby!
- Ruby: Yang!
- Nora: NORA!
- Yang: I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something crazy happens again?!
- Ruby: Uh, Yang? [Points up to the sky]
- Weiss: [Hanging off a claw of a flying Nevermore] How could you leave me?!
- Ruby: I said "jump"!
- Blake: She's going to fall.
- Ruby: She'll be fine.
- Ren: She's falling.
- Jaune: [Jumps and catches a falling Weiss in mid-air] Just...dropping in? [Weiss looks down, then Jaune; they both realize they're still in mid-air] Oh, god! [Both of them hold on to each other, and fall] NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
[Jaune crash lands first, then Weiss lands on him]
- Weiss: [sarcastically] My hero.
- Jaune: [Groans] My back!
- [Ruby, Weiss, Blake, and Yang prepare to take down a Grimm Nevermore. Yang and Blake stretch one of Blake's ribbons between two pillars. Ruby stands on the ribbon, while Weiss uses her semblance to pull it back, like a slingshot.]
- Weiss: Of course, you would come up with this idea.
- Ruby: Think you can make the shot?
- Weiss: [Smugly] Hmph, can I?
- Ruby: ...Can-?
- Weiss: Of course I can!
The Badge and The Burden [Volume 1, Episode 9]
[After Weiss wakes up, Ruby blows a whistle]
- Weiss: Gah! [Falls down]
- Ruby: Goooood morning, Team RWBY!
- Weiss: What in the world is wrong with you?!
- Ruby: Now that you're awake, we can begin our first order of business.
- Weiss: Excuse me?
- Yang: Decorating!
- Weiss: What?
- Blake: We still have to unpack...[Holds up her suitcase, which falls open, spilling out all its contents] And clean.
- [Ruby, Weiss, Blake, and Yang decorate and furnish their room. When they finish, they see the beds are cluttered together]
- Weiss: This...isn't going to work.
- Blake: It is a bit cramped.
- Yang: Maybe we should ditch some of our stuff.
- Ruby: Or...we could ditch the beds [Gasps] And replace them with BUNK BEDS!
- Weiss: Um, that sounds incredibly dangerous.
- Yang: And super awesome!
- Blake: It does seem efficient.
- Weiss: Well, we should put it to a vote.
- Ruby: I think we just did.
- [Blake gives a thumbs-up, Yang gives a "rock on" gesture, both accompanied by a "bing" sound, followed by Weiss frowning, accompanied by a buzzer.]
- Ruby: Now, we have a few classes to together today. At 9:00 we've gotta be-
- Weiss: What? Did you say 9 o'clock?!
- Ruby: Umm...
- Weiss: It's 8:55, you dunce!
[Weiss rush out of Team RWBY dorm]
- Ruby: Uhh, t-t-to, to class! [Ruby, Yang, and Blake follow Weiss]
- Jaune: Class? Wh-whaaa! Uullg! [Team JNPR fell down to each other] We're gonna be late!
The Badge and The Burden Part 2 [Volume 1, Episode 10]
- [Weiss is complaining to Professor Port about Ozpin's choice to name Ruby the team leader]
- Weiss: Excuse me?
- Professor Port: I believed in Professor Ozpin for many years, and the man's never once led me astray.
- Weiss: So, you would just blindly accept his decision, even after seeing how exceptional I am?
- Professor Port: With all due respect, your exceptional skill on the battlefield is matched only by your poor attitude.
- Weiss: How dare you!
- Professor Port: My point, exactly. I see a girl who has spent her entire life getting exactly what she wanted.
- Weiss: That's not even remotely true! [Professor Port raises an eyebrow] Well, not entirely true...
Jaunedice [Volume 1, Episode 11]
- Nora: So. There we were. In the middle of the night!
- Ren: It was day.
- Nora: And we were surrounded by Ursai...
- Ren: They were Beowolves.
- Nora: Dozens of them!
- Ren: Two of them.
Jaunedice Part 2 [Volume 1, Episode 12]
- Oobleck: Mr. Arc! Finally contributing to class! This is excellent! Excellent! What is the answer?
- Jaune: Uhh... the answer... the advantage... of the faunus... had over that guy's stuff... [Sees Pyrrha making a gesture] Uh, b-binoculars!
Forever Fall Part 2 [Volume 1, Episode 14]
- Pyrrha: Well, Ruby has her speed, Weiss has her glyphs, my semblance is polarity.
- Ruby: Whoa, you can control poles...
- Weiss: No, you dunce! It means she has control over magnetism!
- Ruby: Magnets are cool, too...
The Stray [Volume 1, Episode 15]
- Weiss: Oh the amount of planning and organization that goes into event is simply breathtaking.
- Yang: You really know how to take a good thing and make it sound boring?
- Weiss: Quiet you!
[Team RWBY introduce a mystery girl]
- Ruby: I'm Ruby!
- Weiss: Weiss!
- Blake: Blake!
- Yang: Are you sure you didn't hit your head?" [Blake hits her on her side] I'm Yang!
- Penny: You call me friend. Am I really your friend?
- Ruby: Ahh! [Then Weiss, Blake, and Yang want her to say no] Yeah, sure! Why not?! [Then they faint]
- Penny: Ahaha! Sen-sational! We can paint our nails and try out clothes and talk about cute boys!
- Ruby: Ooh, is this what it was like when you met me?
[After Weiss gets up, and brush herself]
- Weiss: No, she seems far more coordinated.
- Weiss: Wait, you're fighting in the tournament?
- Penny: I'm combat ready!
- Weiss: Forgive me, but you hardly look the part.
- Blake: Says the girl wearing a dress.
- Weiss: It's a combat skirt!
[Ruby, wearing a combat skirt as well, stands next to Weiss]
- Ruby: Yeah! [She and Weiss slap hands]
- Weiss: You realize that you're defending an organization that hates humanity, don't you? The Faunus of the White Fang are pure evil!
- Blake: There's no such thing as pure evil! Why do you think they hate humanity so much? It's because of people like Cardin, people like you that force the White Fang to take such drastic measures!
- Weiss: People like me!?
- Blake: You're discriminatory!
- Weiss: I'm a victim! [walks to the window] You wanna know why I despise the White Fang? Why I don't particularly trust the Faunus? It's because they've been at war with my grandfather's company for years. War as in actual bloodshed. And as far as I could remember, the company has had a target painted on them. Family friends kept disappearing. Board members executed. An entire trainload of dust stolen. Every night, my father would come home from work, furious and that made for a very! Difficult! Childhood!
- Ruby: Weiss, I...
- Weiss: No! You wanna know why I despise the White Fang? It's because they are a bunch of liars! Thieves! And murderers!
- Blake: Well, maybe we were just tired of being pushed around!
Black and White [Volume 1, Episode 16]
- Ruby: Blaaake?!
- Yang: Blaaake?!
- Ruby: Blaaake?! Where are yooouuu?!
- Yang: Blake!!
- Ruby: Weiss, You're not helping!
- Weiss: Oh! You know who might be able to help? The police.
- Ruby: Ugh. Weiss...
- Weiss: It was just an idea!
- Ruby: Yeah, a bad one.
- Yang: Weiss, I think we should hear her side of the story before we jump to any conclusions.
- Weiss: I think when we hear it, you'll all realize I was right.
- Penny: And I think Weiss's hair looks wonderful today!
- Ruby: Agh!! Penny!! Where did you come from!?
- Penny: Hey Guys. What are you up to?
- Ruby: Uuuhhhhh...
- Yang: We're looking for our friend Blake.
- Penny: Oh... you mean the Faunus girl.
- Ruby: Wait, how did you know that?
- Penny: Uh, the cat ears?
- Yang: What cat ears? She wears a... bow...
- Ruby: [Whispers to Yang] She does like tuna a lot...
- Sun: [offers Blake an apple] "I stole you some food."
- Blake: Do you always break the law without a second thought?
- Sun: Hey, weren't you in a cult or something?
- Blake: [glares at Sun]
- Sun: Okay. Too soon.
- Blake: Weiss. I want you to know that I'm no longer associated with the White Fang. Back when I was with-
- Weiss: Do you have any idea how long we've been searching for you?... Twelve Hours. That means I've had twelve hours to think about this. And in that twelve hours I've decided... [Yang, Sun, and Ruby waiting for Weiss to answer] I don't care!
- Blake: You don't care?
- Weiss: You said you're not one of them anymore, right?
- Blake: No, I-I haven't been since I was younger-
- Weiss: Upupupupup! I don't wanna hear it. All I want know, is that the next time something this big comes up... you'll come to your teammates, and not some... [Weiss look at Sun] someone else.
- Blake: Of course.
- Ruby: Yeah! Team RWBY is back together!
[Team RWBY and Sun come together]
- Weiss: I'm still not quite sure how I feel about you!
- Sun: [Nervous laugh]
Best Day Ever [Volume 2, Episode 1]
- Mercury: I knew you were lost.
- Emerald: Mercury! I will seriously pay you to shut up.
- Mercury: That's not your money.
- Emerald: But it could be yours for five minutes of silences.
- Mercury: Mmm... No deal.
- Emerald: Hmph. Fine.
- Mercury: Whatever. You want me.
- Yang: Whatcha doing?
- Blake: Nothing. [Closing her book] Just going over notes from last semester.
[Yang catch a grape with her mouth and eat it]
- Yang: Lame!
[From Nora, then use a plastic spoon on a flick the grape to Yang mouth and eat it again, giving a thumb up, then Ruby appear with "Vytal Festival Activities binder, property of Weiss Schnee" change into "BEST DAY EVER ACTIVITY"]
- Ruby: Sisters, friends, Weiss...
- Weiss: Hey!
- Yang: This ought to be good.
[Yang eats a grape, from Nora again]
- Ruby: A dream that we would all be able to come together, as a team, and have the most fun day that anyone has ever had...ever!
- Weiss: ...Did you steal my binder?
- Ruby: I am not a crook.
- Blake: What are you talking about?
- Ruby: I'm talking about kicking the semester off with a bang!
- Yang: I always like to kick my semesters off with a "Yang"! Eh? Guys? Am I right?
- Nora: [Throws an apple at Yang from off-camera] BOOOOOOOO!
- Yang: [Growled]
[After teams RWBY and JNPR have a food-fight that nearly destroys the entire dining hall, Goodwitch arrives and promptly fixes everything with a wave of her riding crop]
- Goodwitch: Children, please...do not play with your food.
[Nora burp and Yang fell down after Nora knock her out in the sky, RWBY and JNPR quietly start giggling with one another. Goodwitch starts to grow more angry]
- Ozpin: Let it go.
- Goodwitch: [Calms down and sighs] They're supposed to be the defenders of the world.
- Ozpin: And they will be. But, right now, they're still children. So, why not let them play the part? After all...it isn't a role they'll have forever.
- Roman: Oh look, she sent the kids again. This is turning out just like the divorce.
- Emerald: Ugh. Spare us the thought of you procreating.
- Roman: That was a joke. And this.. [Takes out a card] ...might just tell me what you two have been doing all day.
- Emerald: What? [struggles to speak]
- Roman: I'm a professional, sweetheart. Pay attention. Maybe you'll learn something. Why do you have this address?
- Emerald: Wouldn't you like to know?
- Roman: Yeah, I would. Now, what were you two doing again?
- Mercury: Cleaning up your problems. Well, one of them at least.
- Roman: I had that under control.
- Mercury: Two packed bags and a ticket out of Vale said otherwise.
- Roman: Listen you little punk, If it were up to me I would take you and your little street-rat friend here, and I would-
- Cinder: Do, what, Roman?
[Cinder appear on the elevator]
- Roman: [Chuckle] I'd uh... Not kill them?
- Emerald: Cinder!
- Cinder: I thought I made it clear that you were to eliminate the would-be runaway.
- Roman: I was going to!
- Emerald: He was going to escape to Vacuo. Mercury and I decided to take it upon ourselves to kill the rat.
- Mercury: I think he was some sort of cat actually.
- Emerald: What like a puma?
- Mercury: Yea, there ya go.
- Cinder: Quiet. Did I not specifically instruct you two to keep your hands clean while in Vale?
- Emerald: I just thought-
- Cinder: Don't think, [While Roman taunts Emerald with his throat] Obey.
- Emerald: Yes ma'am. It won't happen again.
- Cinder: And as for you, Roman, why wasn't this job done sooner.
- Roman: Uh... eh? Eh? EH!? Sorry if I've been stealing every last speck of dust in the kingdom!
- Mercury: You truly are an inspiration for every punk with a gun and a ski mask.
- Roman: Police routed at every corner, dust prices through the roof, and we're sitting pretty atop more dust, crystals, vials, and rounds than we know what to do with! Speaking of which, if you guys wouldn't mind filling me in on your grand master plan, it might actually help my next string of robberies go a little smoother!
- Cinder: Oh, don't worry, Roman. You'll know what you need when you need to know.
Welcome to Beacon [Volume 2, Episode 2]
- Ironwood: But ask yourself this: do you honestly think that your children can win a war?
- Ozpin: I hope they never have to.
- Yang: Pretty sneaky sis, but you've just activated my trap card!
- Ruby: [Shrieked] WHAT!
- Yang: Giant Nevermore! If I roll a seven or higher, fatal feathers will slice your fleet in two!
- Ruby: But, if you roll a six or lower, the Nevermore will turn on your own forces!
- Yang: That's a risk that I am willing to take.
- Yang: Well, Weiss, it's your turn.
- Weiss: I have... absolutely no idea what's going on.
- Yang: Look. It's easy. You're playing as Vacuo which means all Vacuo based cards come with a bonus.
- Weiss: That sounds dumb.
- Yang: [shuffles through Weiss's cards] See, you've got Sandstorm, Desert Scavage, Oh, oh! Resourceful Raider! See, now you could take Ruby's discarded airfleet... [Ruby sobs] and put it in your hand!
- Weiss: Okay.
- Yang: And since Vacuo warriors have an endurance boost against natural hazards, you could use Sandstorm to disable my ground forces and simultaniously infiltrate my kingdom! Just know that I will not forget this declaration of war.
- Weiss: And that means...
- Ruby: You're just three moves away from conquoring Remnant!
- Weiss: [Evil laughing] YES! FEAR THE ALMIGHTY POWER OF MY FORCES! COWER AS THEY PILLAGE YOUR HOMES AND WEEP AS THEY TAKE YOUR CHILDREN FROM YOUR VERY ARMS-!
- Yang: Trap card.
- Weiss: Huh?
- Yang: Your armies have been destroyed.
- Weiss: [sobs] I hate this game of emotions we play!
- Ruby: [Crying as well, embracing Weiss] Stay strong, Weiss. We'll make it through this together.
- Weiss: [Reciprocating the hug] Shut up! Don't touch me!
- Jaune: Hey! Can I play?
- Ruby: Sorry Jaune, we've already got four people.
- Weiss: Besides, this game requires a certain level of tactical cunning that I seriously doubt you possess.
- Yang: Uhh... You attacked your own navel fleet two turns ago.
- Weiss: Hmph!
- Jaune: Bring it on, Ice Queen! I had you know that I've been told I'm a natural born leader.
- Weiss: By who? your mother?!
- Jaune: And Pyrrha!
- Pyrrha: Hello again!
- Sun: 'Sup losers!
[Sun and Neptune appear]
- Ruby: Hey, Sun!
- Sun: Ruby, Yang, Blake, Ice Queen...
- Weiss: Why does everyone keep calling me that!?
- Sun: I never got a chance to formally introduce you to my old friend.
- Neptune: Uh... aren't libraries for reading?
- Ren: [Team JNPR is sitting at a table nearby, studying; Nora's sleeping] Thank you!
- Nora: [Jolts awake] Pancakes!
- Sun: Shut up. Don't be a nerd.
- Neptune: Intellectual. Okay. Thank you. I'm Neptune.
- Weiss: So, Neptune, where are you from?
- Neptune: Haven... And I don't believe I've caught your name, snow angel.
- Weiss: Um... I'm Weiss.
- Jaune: [Having earlier addressed Weiss as "snow angel"] Are you kidding me!?
- Neptune: Pleasure to meet you.
- Ruby: Let's hatch a plan!
- Yang: Yeah!
- Ruby: Ahh! I left my board game in the library!
- Weiss: We're doomed.
A Minor Hiccup [Volume 2, Episode 3]
[After seeing Sun at the window, Team RWBY backs away]
- Blake: Sun!
- Yang: How did you get up there?
- Sun: Ah it's easy. I do it all the time.
- Weiss: You do what?!
- Sun: I climb trees all the time! [Weiss narrows her glare at Sun, who flips into the room] So... are we finally getting back at that Torchwick guy?
- Blake: WE, are going to investigate the situation. [Gestures to the rest of RWBY] As a TEAM.
- Ruby: Sorry Sun, we don't want to get friends involved if we don't have to.
- Sun: Psh! That's dumb! We should always get friends involved. That's why I brought Neptune.
[RWBY looks out the window, and sees Neptune standing on the ledge right next to the window, back firmly against the wall]
- Neptune: 'Sup?
- Ruby: How did you even get up here?
- Neptune: I have my ways. [Looks down] Seriously though, can I come in? We're like, really high up right now.
- Ruby: All right. I'll go with Weiss. Sun, you can go with Blake. And Neptune, you can go with Yang since she doesn't have a partner. Everyone good?
- Weiss: Actually Ruby, why don't you go with Yang, heh. After all she is your sister.
- Ruby: But Weiss, who would go with you then?
- Weiss: Well, I guess Neptune could come with me.
- Ruby: [laughs] Nah. [Walks out of the room, dragging Weiss behind her]
- Weiss: But! But!
Painting the Town [Volume 2, Episode 4]
- Yang: C'mon, my friend's right in here.
[Yang gets off her motorcycle, while Neptune was on the back, in stupefied awe]
- Neptune: Cool. [shakes his head] And where exactly is... here?
- Gangster #1: Hurry, close the door she's coming!
[Two gangsters close the door]
- Junior: What are you two idiots doing!?
[Two gangsters trying to talk to Junior, until the door explodes open. Yang walks in]
- Yang: Guess who's back!
[A bunch of Junior's "staff" point their guns at Yang. The music being played in the club starts to skip. Yang gives a look to the DJ, who briefly comes out of hiding to turn off the record.]
- Neptune: Yeah, so could you define "friend" for me?
- Junior: Stop, stop! Nobody shoot. Blondie! You're here. Why?
- Yang: You still owe me a drink. [Yang drags Junior to the bar]
- Neptune: Whoa, what a woman... [looking at Malachite twins] 'Sup?
- Malachite Twins: [Walking away] Hmm. Whatever.
- Sun: I don't get it. If you believe that what you're doing is right, why hide who you are?
- Blake: The masks are a symbol. Humanity wanted to make monsters out of us, so we chose to don the faces of monsters.
- Sun: Grimm masks? That's kinda dark.
- Blake: So is the guy that started it.
- Sun: Always sunshine and rainbows with you.
- Junior: I don't know.
- Yang: How can you not know?
- Junior: I haven't talked to him. I haven't even seen him since the night you first came in here. He paid upfront, I lent him my men, and none of them ever came back.
- Neptune: So where did they go?
- Junior: What kind of stupid question is that? They never came back! Who is this guy?
- Yang: Don't worry about him. Worry about me if I don't get what I want.
- Junior: I haven't seen him since that night! Torchwick hired my boys, and I guess he wasn't happy with them. WHICH IS SOMETHING I CAN RELATE TO!
- Roman: [Yang tries to fire at him, but her attack gets blocked by Neopolitan] Ladies, Ice Queen...
- Weiss: Hey!
- Roman: Always a pleasure. Neo, if you would...
[Neopolitan gives an elegant bow to RWBY. Yang charges at Neo and Roman, but when she strikes them, they shatter to pieces, and they're then seen flying away on an aircraft]
- Yang: So, I guess he got a new henchman.
- Weiss: Yeah, I guess she really made our plans..."fall apart", huh?
- Blake: No, just...no.
- Weiss: What? But you do it!
- Yang: There's a time and a place for jokes.
- Weiss: Was this not it?
- Yang: No, it was just not very good.
- Weiss: Well, at least I'm trying!
- Ruby: Wait, Where are Sun and Neptune?
[At the noodle house, Sun and Neptune eating noodles]
- Neptune: They're probably fine, right?
- Sun: Probably.
Extracurricular [Volume 2, Episode 5]
- Jaune: [While playing guitar] ♫Weeeiiisssss♫ [Then wink]
[Weiss slams the door closed]
- Jaune: [Knocks three times] Oh come on. [Knocks three times] Open the door... I promise not to sing.
[Weiss opens the door again]
- Jaune: [While playing guitar] ♫I liiieed♫ ♫Weiss Schnee, will you accompany me, to the dance on... Sunday!♫
- Weiss: Are you done?
- Jaune: ...Yes?
- Weiss: NO. [Closes the door to Jaune face, then turns to Ruby and Yang] What?
- Yang: And that's why they call you the Ice Queen.
[Ruby fell down]
- Weiss: All my life, boys have only cared about the perks of my last name. Besides, I already have a date in mind.
Burning the Candle [Volume 2, Episode 6]
- Weiss: I need you to pick a tablecloth.
[Pushes two squares of exactly identical cloth to Ruby. Ruby looks confused]
- Ruby: ...Aren't they both the same?
- Weiss: [Sighs] I don't even know why I asked!
- [Preparing the hall for the dance]
- Yang: Weiss! I thought we agreed: No doilies!
- Weiss: If I don't get doilies, you don't get fog machines!
[Sun and Neptune enter the ballroom]
- Neptune: Your dance is gonna have fog machines?
- Weiss: [Turns sweet] Heh, we were thinking about it.
- Neptune: That's pretty cool.
- Weiss: And what will you be wearing at the dance?
- Sun: Uh... this?
- Neptune: Ignore him. He knows not what he says.
- Sun: Hey. I may have moved to Mistral, but I grew up in Vaccuo. It's not exactly a shirt-and-tie kind of place.
- Jaune: It's Weiss. I'm completely head-over-heels for her, and she won't even give me a chance. She's cold, but she's also incredible. She's smart, and graceful, and talented. I mean, have you heard her sing? I-I just wish she's take me seriously, y'know? I wish I could tell her how I feel without messing it all up.
- Pyrrha: Then do it.
- Jaune: Uh, wha-?
- Pyrrha: Tell her exactly what you said. No ridiculous schemes, No pick-up lines. Just... be honest.
- Jaune: But, wh-
- Pyrrha: Jaune. You can't get it wrong if it's the truth.
- Jaune: ... You're right. Thanks, Pyrrha. [To Ren] Good talk, Ren!
[Jaune leaves to go to Weiss. Pyrrha smiles until Jaune leaves, then turns somber and walks to the other side of the room. Nora watches her]
- Nora: [sighs] Practice what you preach, Pyrrha.
- Blake: You don't understand! I'm the only one who can do this!
- Yang: No...[Turns to Blake, her eyes now red] YOU don't understand! If Roman Torchwick walked through that door right now, what would you do?!
- Blake: I'd fight him!
- Yang: [Shoves Blake] You'd LOSE!
- Blake: [Shoves Yang back] I can stop him!
- Yang: [Shoves Blake harder] You can't even stop ME!
- Ozpin: If you think about it, fighting and dancing aren't so different. Two partners interlocked. Heh. Although, one wrong move on the ballroom merely leads to a swollen foot.
- Ruby: Or a twisted ankle...
Dance Dance Infiltration [Volume 2, Episode 7]
- Jaune: I see you're hiding at the punch bowl too.
- Ruby: Yuuuuuuu-P!
- Jaune: [Raises his glass] To the socially awkward. [Ruby chuckles and clinks her glass with his]
- Neptune: Hey, uh... Jaune, right?
- Jaune: [sign] Yeah.
- Neptune: This party's pretty lame, huh? I mean, ballroom dancing: Pbbfff.
- Jaune: Yeah.
- Neptune: Cute girls though, huh?
- Jaune: [Grunt] Is that all you think about?
- Neptune: Huh?
- Jaune: D-do you even care about the girls you're hitting on? How they feel about you?
- Neptune: Whoa, where's this coming from!?
- Jaune: How could you turn her down like that?
- Neptune: Wait, w-who?
- Weiss: Weiss!
- Neptune: I, uh... it, uh... It just didn't work out. Y'know?
- Jaune: What? You think you're too cool? Too many other options? Weiss Schnee asked you to the dance. What in the world could possibly keep you from go-
- Neptune: I can't dance.
- Jaune: Beg your pardon?
- Neptune: I can't dance, man.
- Jaune: But, you're... so... cool.
- Neptune: Thank you. I try really, really, hard.
- Jaune: You would rather break a girl's heart, and go to a dance alone, than... just admit to everyone that you can't move in rhythm to music?
- Neptune: That about sums it up, yeah.
- Jaune: Well, I certainly feel a lot better about myself.
- Neptune: Please don't tell anybody. Look, if you want Weiss, she's all yours; I don't wanna get in your way.
- Jaune: [sign] Do you like her?
- Neptune: Yeah, I mean, I don't know her too well yet, but she seems pretty cool.
- Jaune: Then just go talk to her. No pickup lines, no suave moves. Just be yourself. I've heard that's the way to go.
- Neptune: Yeah, but that isn't-
- Jaune: Hey, you don't have to look cool all the time. In all honesty, if you could be a little less cool, I'd really appreciate it.
- Neptune: Yeah. Okay.
- Jaune: Go talk to her. I guarantee it'll make her night.
- Neptune: Thanks. You're a really cool guy, Jaune.
- Jaune: Alright, don't lie to my face. [both of them fist bump, after Neptune left] [sign] Alright. Only one thing left to do.
- Yang: [sigh] Tomorrow it's back to work.
- Ruby: Well, I'm sure we can handle whatever gets thrown at us. [Everybody started to laugh] Except for that.
[Every student continue to laugh by someone, until Pyrrha notice it's Jaune]
- Pyrrha: Jaune? [Jaune is wearing a dress]
- Jaune: Promise is a promise.
- Pyrrha: [Laughing] Jaune, you didn't have to.
- Jaune: Hey, an Arc never goes back on his word. Now do you wanna stand there and laugh at me, or do you wanna dance?
- Pyrrha: I would love to dance.
[Jaune grabs Pyrrha, and takes her to the dance floor]
- Nora: Ren! This. is. HAPPENING!!!!!
- Ren: Wait! What is happening?
- Pyrrha: I had no idea you were a dancer!
- Jaune: Yeah, well these things tend to happen when you grow up with seven sisters.
Field Trip [Volume 2, Episode 8]
- Ozpin: Thank you for coming, Ruby. How are you feeling?
- Ruby: Okay, I guess. I'd feel better if my "bad-guy-catching" record wasn't 0 for 3. [Chuckles lightly; Ozpin, Goodwitch, and Ironwood stare at her] Okay, so that's the tone we're going for, got it...
- Ironwood: We send as many troops as we can to the southeast, find out exactly what's going on, and eradicate any forces that stand in our way.
- Goodwitch: Why must your answer to everything involve a triumphant display of military bravado?! You treat every situation like it's a contest of measuring di-!
- Ozpin: Glynda!
- Goodwitch: Well, he does.
- Ozpin: She's right, you know.
- Yang: Oh! I know what will cheer you up.
- Ruby: What's that?
- Yang: [After grabbing a mail] I don't know yet. Dad sent it to us. I thought we could open it together.
- Ruby: [High pitched] Ooh! Something from home! [Rushes to Yang's back to get the mail]
- Zwei: Ruh! Ruh!
- Team RWBY: Waaa-aaah!
- Ruby: Zweeeiii!
- Blake: He sent a dog?!
- Weiss: In the mail??
- Ruby: *giggles* [Zwei licks Ruby face]
- Yang: Oh he does stuff like this all the time.
- Ruby: Stop it, ahaha! [Zwei continues licking Ruby face]
- Blake: [On the top bunk bed] Your father or your dog?
- Ruby: I missed youuu!
- Weiss: Are you telling me that this mangy...drooling...mutt is going to wiv with us foweva? Oh, yes he is yes he is! Oh isn't he adorable!
- Blake: Please keep it away from my belongings.
- Ruby: Beside it won't only be us out there. We'll be fighting alongside a genuine Huntsman!
- Yang: Yeah!
[Scene cuts to RWBY showing different expressions of shock and disbelief as they see who their Huntsman is]
- Oobleck: Why, hello, girls! Who ready to fight for their lives?
Search and Destroy [Volume 2, Episode 9]
- Neptune: Then you can come party with us tonight. We're shadowing a crime specialist. All inner-city detective stuff. We get junior badges.
- Jaune: Ooohhooohh!
- Sun: We normally go to the city with you guys, which means stuff's always exploding and junk. So we thought this might be a better way to check out the kingdom when it's, y'know, normal.
- Weiss: I guess I just never saw you as much of a fighter.
- Oobleck: I admit I fancy myself more of an, intellectual but I can assure you, as a huntsman, I've had my fair share of tussels.
- Ruby: Like the mushroom?
- Blake: Those are truffles.
- Ruby: Like the sprout?
- Yang: Those are brussels.
- Oobleck: Ruby!
[Rwby drops her scythe]
- Oobleck: I thought I told you to leave all your bags back at school.
- Ruby: But, uh you hadn't told us to listen to you yet... So I didn't.
- Oobleck: She's not wrong. Very well. Ruby, leave your bag here we can pick it up upon our return.
- Ruby: But I-whaa
- Oobleck: Young lady, what in the world could you possibly have in that bag that could be so important for you to bring it-
[Zwei came out of Ruby's Backpack]
- Ruby: [Whisper] Get back in the bag.
- Zwei: Woof!
- Oobleck: We're here to investigate an abandoned urban jungle teeming with death and hostility and you brought...a dog?
- Ruby: I-uhh...!
- Oobleck: Genius! [Spin around grab Zwei leaving Ruby to the ground] Canines are historically known for their perceptive nose and heightened sense of sound, making them excellent companions for hunts such as ours!
- Zwei: Ruff!
- Ruby: I'm a genius.
Mountain Glenn [Volume 2, Episode 10]
- Yang: Blake, are you awake?
- Blake: Yeah.
- Yang: Why do you think [Dr. Oobleck] asked us about being a Huntress? Like, what was he trying to say?
- Blake: Maybe he was curious.
- Yang: You think?
- Blake: ...No.
- Yang: [Sighs] Weiss, are you awake?
- Weiss: Of course I'm awake, you two are talking!
No Brakes [Volume 2, Episode 11]
- Oobleck: Hurry, children! We must get to the front and stop this train!
- Weiss: Uh... Professor?
- Oobleck: Doctor.
- Weiss: What's that?
[Weiss pointing at a bomb]
- Oobleck: That, my dear... appears to be a bomb.
- Oobleck: Well, I didn't expect them to go... [The bomb activates automatically] easy on us...
[After part of the train exploded]
- Oobleck: That's not good...
- Ruby: Uh, neither is this!
[Ruby sees another bomb]
- Blake: Another bomb?!
[Dr. Oobleck checking on another train]
- Oobleck: No, no, no...
[Oobleck opens the roof of the train and sees another bomb]
- Oobleck: They all have bombs!
Breach [Volume 2, Episode 12]
- Jaune: Okay, who's first?
[Big Ursa steps in]
- Jaune: O-oh-oh-okay. You're first, huh? Ha-ha okay. No, that's-that's fine.
[Pyrrha kills three Grimm, and sees Jaune facing off the big Ursa]
- Jaune: Totally fine, done this before. Done this before. [sigh] [Jaune starts to swing his sword a couple times, but the big Ursa doesn't collapse until five seconds later. Pyrrha smiles at him]
[Sun and Neptune appear]
- Sun: Nobody move, Junior Detectives!
- Neptune: We have badges, so you know it's official.
[Both of them fistbump]
[later Ironwood's ship appear in the sky, then Sun drop his badge]
- Yang: Well...we did it.
- Blake: We did it.
- Weiss: If we don't get extra credit for that, I'm going to be seriously disappointed.
- Yang: Weiss, a two-headed snake literally crushed a bakery. I wouldn't count on it.
- Ruby: Plus, I mean, we didn't solve everything. A lot of people were hurt, and we still don't even know why they did this, or who that mystery girl was.
- Weiss: Well, not every story has a neat and tidy ending.
- Blake: We may not have all the answers, but we do have a lot of dangerous people behind bars, and I think that's something we can be proud of.
- Ruby: Yeah, and if somebody tries something like this again, we'll be there to stop them.
- Yang: [Stretches and lays back, replies with no emotion] Yay, teamwork, camaraderie, good guys, go team, alright, good job. So...what now?
- Weiss: I'd suggest training for the tournament, but I think we have that covered at this point.
- Blake: So, then...?
- Ruby: Uh, time for bed?
- Weiss: Oh, please, yes.
- Blake: Absolutely.
- Yang: I'm going to sleep forever.
Round One [Volume 3, Episode 1]
[RWBY fights team ABRN. Yang nearly gets attacked by Nadir. Ruby stops him]
- Ruby: I got your back!
- Bolin Hori: [About to attack Ruby] Who's got yours? [He gets knocked away by Weiss]
- Ruby: My BFF!
- Weiss: NO.
- Ruby: (Whispers to herself) YES!
[RWBY goes to a noodles stand to eat]
- Yang: I'll have a bowl of the regular, please. [A big bowl of noodles is put in front of her]
- Ruby: Ugh...I'll take the same. [A bowl is placed in front of her]
- Weiss: Hmm, do you have a low salt-? [A bowl looking exactly like Ruby and Yang's is put in front of her] Umm...okay...
- Blake: [Gives a knowing nod to the vendor, the Old Man, who nods back and rushes back into the kitchen then hurries back, placing a bowl of noodles with fish on top in front of Blake. She gasps and turns starry-eyed, drooling, her heart audibly pounding] Ohhhhh....
- Yang: [Weiss produces a credit card to pay] Aw, Weiss, what's the occasion?
- Weiss: Consider it "Thanks for sending you to the doubles round." [Her card is thrown back like a throwing star, embedding itself in the counter, to the shock of the whole team. The Old Man clears his throat and points to the cash register, which says "DECLINED"] What? How can my card be declined? I was barely into my monthly allowance!
- Blake: [Glances around and tries to take her bowl, but it's taken away by the Old Man] Nooo...
- Pyrrha: Maybe I can help?
[Team JNPR appears]
- Ruby: Pyrrha!
- Yang: Aw, you don't have to!
- Blake: BUT SHE COULD!
[Team RWBY and Team JNPR have finished eating big bowls of noodles]
- Ren: Are you sure it's wise to have eaten before a fight?
- Pyrrha: Of course. It will give us energy.
[Nora lets out a very loud burp]
- Jaune: [Gives a sick groan] If I barf, I'm blaming you.
- Nora: Ooo! Aim it at the enemy!
- Ren: Nora, that's disgusting. But, if you do feel the urge...
- Jaune: Got it.
- Nora: We've got a world-renowed fighter on our team, what's basically a ninja, I can bench five of me, ...Jaune, we've trained all year, our weapons are awesome, Glynda barely yells at us anymore, and uh... Jaune!
- Ren: Are you gonna take that?
- Jaune: She's not wrong...
- Nora: I'm kidding! He know I'm kidding. Don't be so nervous! The worst that could happen is we lose! Then it's just a few more years of walking around school with everyone knowing we're failures, our friends will slowly abandon us to preserve their social status, [Starting to be nervous] we won't be able to show our faces in class, [Turning white] no one will sit with us in the cafeteria, Ren and I have no parents, we have no home left to go to, we'll be officially renamed Team LOSER-per! Ah ha ha ha ha! [Sobbing]
- Ren: Sooo yeah. We're feeling pretty good.
- Pyrrha: Don't fret. If anything, we should looking forward to a fight with actual guidelines and not... Well, murderers.
- Yang: Yeah don't sweat it! We've all faced way worse before.
- Blake: Let's see: Grimm Invasion, violent extremists, a destructive sociopath.
- Ruby: And that's all while we were still in training! Oh, imagine what it'll be like when we graduate!
- Weiss: Maybe then I'll be able to pay for a meal.
New Challengers [Volume 3, Episode 2]
- Jaune: This is it, guys! Let's finish 'em with team attacks! Nora, Ren, Flower Power!
- Nora: Wait... What?
- Jaune: F-Flower Power. [Pyrrha, Nora, and Ren just shrug] That's your team attack name.
- Ren: Since... when?
- Jaune: Guys, we went over this! Flower Power is Ren and Nora. Ren brings the flower, Nora brings the power.
- Ren: How do I bring a flower?
- Nora: No, silly! Not 'a flower'! Flour! Like in baking!
- Ren: Why would I bring that?
- Jaune: I, uh, no, it's your symbol!
- Pyrrha: So... what are we?
- Jaune: Pyrrha!
- Pyrrha: Sorry! I just wanna make sure it's clearly defined.
[Team BRNZ still listen to Team JNPR]
- Jaune: [distantly] Pyrrha, you and I are Arkos. It's the thing, where we take our shields, remember?
- Pyrrha: Arkos?
- Jaune: Yeah. It's our names put together?
- Pyrrha: Right... no, I get it.
- Jaune: What, do you not like it?
- Pyrrha: No, no, it's... good?
- Nora: Mmm, I sensed hesitation!
- Brawnz: Hey!
- Team JNPR: Huh?
- Brawnz: What do you think you doing?!
- Jaune: Trying to have a team meeting, thank you very little.
- Nora: [Angrily] Yeah! Team ears only!
- Brawnz: We in the middle of a fight!
- Jaune: [Yelled] And we're in the middle of the conversation! What don't you get about that?!
- Pyrrha: Um, Jaune?
- Jaune: Yes, Pyrrha?
- Pyrrha: I think he means that we're ALL in the middle of the fight?
- Jaune: [Sign] Nora, just... hit them with the hammer.
- Nora: ...GOT IT.
- Brawnz: Wait... what?!
[Nora hits all of BRNZ at once with her hammer]
- Team BRNZ: Ah!
[Team BRNZ crash to the side wall]
- Weiss: Good luck, Neptune!
[Neptune sees NDGO and flirts]
- Neptune: Ladies...
- Weiss: [Angrily and yelled] BREAK HIS STUPID FACE, NDGO!
- Neptune: Alright girls, try and remember. Hands above the waist.
- Sun: Ignore him, for he...yeah, he's dumb.
[After NDGO got desert]
- Nebula: Alright, home field advantage!
- Sun: Don't get to cocky, that's my turf too.
- Scarlet: I hope I don't get sand on my shoes.
- Neptune: Be cool, man.
- Gwen: Hey, the ocean!
- Neptune: HUH?! [look at the water symbol and gets scared]
- Ruby: Uh... what's wrong with Neptune?
- Blake: Oh no...
[The ocean appears on the battlefield, and Neptune freezes in horror]
- Blake: Neptune's... afraid of the water.
- Oobleck: Three, two, one, begin!
[Neptune rush to the desert]
- Sun: Neptune! What are you doing?!
- Neptune: Oh, you know, just, uh, getting to higher ground.
- Sun: On the enemy's side?!
[Scarlet drops his jacket]
- Neptune: They would never expect it!
- Dew: He's not wrong.
[After Team SSSN beats Team NDGO when Neptune electrifies the water, shocking out NDGO]
- Professor Port: And with that, Team SSSN moves on to the doubles round. You know what I call that victory?
- Dr. Oobleck: "Shocking"?
- Professor Port: No, "well-earned". What you said is stupid.
- Ruby: Aw, that was so close!
- Yang: Looks like the dorks made it to the next round.
[Blake watches Sun and Neptune celebrate their win over NDGO. Sun turns to Blake and points to her with a wink]
- Blake: [Blushes] Emphasis on "dork".
- Oobleck: [Microphone] That concludes the matches for today. Please leave the coliseum in a CALM AND ORDERLY FASHION!
- Yang: Come on, let's go congratulate' em!
It's Brawl in the Family [Volume 3, Episode 3]
- Winter: Beacon, it's been a long time. The air feels, different.
- Ruby: I mean it is fall so it's probably colder...
[Weiss punch Ruby on her right shoulder]
- Ruby: Ahh!
- Winter: [sigh] How have you been!
- Weiss: - Oh, splendid! Thank you for asking. I'm actually in the very top ranking of our sparring class. The rest of my studies are going wonderful too. I'm-
[Winter slap Weiss on the head]
- Winter: Silence, you boob! I don't recall asking about ranking. I asked how you've been. Are you eating properly? Have you taken up any hobbies? Are you making new friends?
- Weiss: Well, there's Ruby.
- Ruby: [Snorts] Boob. [After fixing a bump on Weiss's head]
- Qrow: Hey, [Weiss and Winter turn around] yeah! I talking to you, Ice Queen.
- Winter: Halt!
- Weiss: Excuse me? [Walking toward Qrow] Do you have any idea who you talking to?
- Qrow: [Holds Weiss head] Sssshhhh, Not you. [Pushes Weiss away]
- Weiss: Hey!
- Qrow: [Walking toward Winter] YOU!
- Ruby: What's going on?!
- Weiss: Some crazy guy just started attacking my sister!
- Ruby: Oh, no! Who would do such a th-aaaaat is my uncle!
- Weiss: What?!
- Ruby: Kick her butt, Uncle Qrow!
- Weiss: Uhh, teach him respect, Winter!
- Ruby: UNCLE QROWWWWWWWW! [She rushes to him and jumps onto his arm, hanging on] Hi...Oh, it's so good to see you! Did you miss me? Did you miss me?!
- Qrow: [Smiles and ruffles Ruby's hair] Nope.
- Ozpin: Qrow. A word, please.
- Qrow: [Aside to Ruby] I think I'm in trouble.
- Ruby: Well, you did tear up our courtyard.
- Qrow: Yeah, I did. [Winks and bumps fists with Ruby] Catch you later, kid.
[Qrow leaves with Ozpin while Goodwitch repairs the damage from Qrow's fight with Winter.]
- Weiss: [To Ruby] And, suddenly, your recklessness makes sense.
- Ruby: [Elbows Weiss] You're just mad, 'cause he whooped butt.
- Weiss: That was a draw, at best!
- Winter: What were you thinking?
- Ironwood: If you were one of my men, I'd have you shot!
- Qrow: If I was one of your men, I'd shoot myself.
- Goodwitch: While I wouldn't condone his behavior, retaliating like you did certainly didn't help the situation.
- Winter: He was drunk!
- Goodwitch: He always drunk. [They turn and see Qrow drinking from his flask. He sees them staring at him and stops drinking with a shrug]
Lessons Learned [Volume 3, Episode 4]
- Coco: Hey, [Lowers her sunglasses] Love the outfit, kid.
- Emerald: I try not to get blood on it!
- Yatsuhashi: [stands up] "I can't promise you'll leave without a scratch."
- Emerald: I won't be the one bleeding.
- Coco: Oooh, I like her!
- Coco: [After her sunglasses break] I'll take it back, I don't like her.
- Ruby: You'll never defeat me old man!
- Qrow: Heh, you're nothin' but talk, kid.
- Yang: You can do it, Ruby!
[Qrow beats Ruby in the video game]
- Game Announcer: Soaring Ninja, Wins. Total Annihilation!
- Yang: Ouch...
- Qrow: By the way. Don't ever call me "old".
- Qrow: I come across a small village in the swamps West of Mistaral. Right off the bat, I knew something wasn't right.
- Ruby: What were you doing there?
- Qrow: I needed information. Tired from battling Grimm along the way, I decided to start my search at the town's Inn. The place was crawling with low-lifes and thugs, even a few Huntsmen I could only assume had been hired by less than reputable people for less than respectable jobs. And that's when it happened.
- Yang: What happened?
- Qrow: I was defeated... by the mere sight... of the Inn Keeper's skirt length!
[Yang throw a pillow at Qrow, after that story and also beating her in the video game]
- Game Announcer: Soaring Ninja, Wins. Total Annihilation!
- Yang: You are the worst!
[Qrow and Ruby start to laugh]
- Qrow: Best two out of three?
- Ruby: So, Uncle Qrow, did you get in trouble with Ozpin?
- Qrow: Nah, me and Oz go way back. We're cool.
- Yang: Tch, cool for a old guy.
- Qrow: Not funny.
- Weiss: I went to pay for lunch the other day, but my card didn't work.
- Winter: How embarrassing.
- Weiss: I know! Well it was!
Never Miss a Beat [Volume 3, Episode 5]
- Ruby: Penny!
- Penny: Ruby!
[Penny tackles Ruby]
- Ruby: Augh! Why...!
- Ruby: So is she... your friend or...
- Penny: She's like Blake, but if Blake was ordered to spend time with you.
- Ruby: Oh. So, Weiss.
- Penny: Precisely!
[After Flynt Coal blame Weiss, that her father close his father Dust shop]
- Yang: Hey! Why don't you-
- Neon Katt: Hey! Why don't you... That's what you sound like!
- Yang: Uh...
- Neon Katt: Hey! Where did you get your hair extensions?
- Yang: This is just my normal hair...
- Neon Katt: Ooh! Really?
- Yang: Yeah! Is that a prob-
- Neon Katt: You should try rollerblading sometime. It's suuuper-fun! It probably would take you a while, since you're so, you know..."top-heavy".
- Yang: [Yang looks at her chest] EXCUSE ME?
- Ruby: [Watching in the stands with Blake, quietly] Oh, here we go...
- Neon Katt: [After freezing Yang right leg] Hmm-mmm, Look! Now you're [spanks her butt] "bottom-heavy" too.
- Neon Katt: You should cool-off, get it? Because your angry.
[Yang gets mad and hits the wall, breaking the ice off her arm]
- Flynt Coal: Too bad all that money can't buy you skills!
- Neon Katt: Ooh! Flashy eyes! You know, you're actually look kinda pretty while you're angry.
- Yang: Shut up! Shut up! SHUT UP!!
- Yang: [shouting] Get back here!
- Neon Katt: Look, I'm not saying you should go on a diet, I'm saying you really need to go on a diet!
- Yang: [yelling] THAT'S IT!
- Neon Katt: You're fat!
[After Weiss is eliminated for sacrificing herself to stop Flynt, he survives]
- Neon Katt: You did it, Flynt! Don't worry about her, she's easy! [Whisper] But kind of annoying!
[Yang starts to get angry]
- Port: Ooh, and it looks like Yang is angry! [The ground starts to shake] And you wouldn't like her when she's... upset.
- Yang: YAAAHHHHH!!!!!
[Lava explosion, and Yang eyes turns red]
- Neon Katt: Never miss a beat, never miss a beat, Never... miss a... [Trying not to fall, until she trips on a crack in the floor] ...beat?
[Neon starts to roll to a geyser, leaving an opening for Yang, who blasts her]
- Neon Katt: AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!! [The blast explodes, and Neon Katt is eliminated]
[Yang started to breathe for 3 seconds]
- Yang: [After her eyes turn back to normal] Weiss! [Yang rush to Weiss] Weiss! Are you okay?
- Weiss: [Coughs] I may not be singing for a while...
- Yang: You know...I don't think that was proper form.
- Weiss: Oh ha, ha! [coughs]
- Neon Katt: [high pitched] WHAT?! We lost?! We lost?! Team FNKI lost?! That was... That was... AMAZING!! Oh my gosh you guys were super crazy awesome! We should DEFINITELY party together sometimes! Right, Flynt?
- Flynt Coal: That was a gutsy move, Schnee...I dig it.
[Ruby and Blake rush to their teammates]
- Blake: Good job you two!
- Ruby: Yeah!
Fall [Volume 3, Episode 6]
[After Yang defeats Mercury]
- Ruby: Yeah! You did it, sis!
- Blake: Way a go, Yang!
- Yang: Better luck next time.
Beginning of the End [Volume 3, Episode 7]
- Mercury: Oh, Doc! Tell me! Will I ever walk again? [Emerald hits Mercury] Ow! What's your deal?
- Emerald: Ugh, headache. One mind I can handle, but two is a stretch.
[Emerald turns off the TV]
- Mercury: Hey, I was watching that!
- Emerald: Shut up!
- Mercury: Is this how you treat a patient? [Emerald twists a screwdriver on Mercury robotic leg] Ow! Too tight!
- Cinder: Enough. Our Mercury put on a wonderful show. He was quite brave.
- Mercury: These things aren't exactly cheap ya know.
Destiny [Volume 3, Episode 8]
- Nora: You heard the lady! No more moping around! [Changes into a workout attire] We gotta get your butt in shape for the big fight! It could be today! It could be tomorrow! It could be [while lifting 1000 LB weights] the most important fight of your entire life! [Then falls down]
- Pyrrha: Um...
- Ren: Nora's right. [Wearing an apron that says "Please do nothing to the cook"] You can't let your concern for Yang hold you back. You need to focus. You'll be defending the honor of Beacon Academy.
- Pyrrha: Of course. I-
- Ren: [Giving Pyrrha a cup of what appears to be green sludge] This blend of herbs and vegetables is filled with nutrients vital to your body's well being.
- Pyrrha: Oh... that's-
- Ren: Please, there's no need to thank me.
- Nora: Thank you?! Ugh, that looks like slime from a lake-bed!
- Ren: Algae contains numerous spectacular properties. See for yourself.
[Nora starts to drink Ren's special shake, her face turn green]
- Nora: Ugh! [rush to the trash can and vomits, while Pyrrha grins] What is wrong with you?!
- Ren: Me? You're the one that wasted perfectly good juice.
- Nora: We're supposed to help Pyrrha, not poison her!
- Ren: There was absolutely nothing wrong with that.
- Nora: If it looks the same coming up as it does going down, then there's something wrong!
- Qrow: Hey there, fire-cracker.
- Yang: Hey Qrow...
- Qrow: So why'd you do it?
- Yang: You know why.
- Qrow: All I know is that you attacked a helpless kid. So either you're lying, or you're crazy.
- Yang: I'm NOT lying.
- Qrow: Hm, crazy. Got it.
PvP [Volume 3, Episode 9]
- Sun: A Nevermore?!
- Coco: [Lets down her glasses] How'd it get past the Kingdom's defenses?
- Ren: It's wasn't alone.
Battle of Beacon [Volume 3, Episode 10]
[After defeating the Nevermore]
- Pyrrha: Ruby, [Seeing part of Penny shreds] I'm sorry!
- Ruby: Me too... But it wasn't your fault.
- Jaune: She's right! [Jaune bring Pyrrha's weapon to her] Whoever was on the microphone? They're the one that did this! And we have to make sure they don't take anyone else.
Heroes and Monsters [Volume 3, Episode 11]
- Roman: Little red, little red. You are just determined to be the hero of Vale, aren't you?
- Ruby: What are you doing? Without these ships, the Grimm will destroy everything!
- Roman: That's the plan!
- Ruby: But why? What do you get out of it?
- Roman: You're asking the wrong questions, Red. It's not what I have to gain, it's that I can't afford to lose. I maybe a gambling man, but even I know there are some bets that you just don't take. Like it or not, the people who hired me are going to change the world! You can't stop them, I can't stop them, and you know the old saying. "If you can't beat'em-" [Ruby open Neo's umbrella, and sends her flying] NEO!
- Ruby: I don't care what you say! We will stop them, and I will stop you! BET ON THAT!
- Ironwood: This area is secure. We need to...
[Qrow looks mad. His sword transforms into a scythe and aiming at Ironwood]
- Ironwood: Qrow! This isn't my doing!
[Qrow charging against Ironwood. Ironwood protects himself, but Qrow attacks a Nevermore behind Ironwood and slices it in half]
- Qrow: Hmph. You idiot. I know you didn't do this.
End of the Beginning [Volume 3, Episode 12]
- Ruby: I'll have a plan.
- Weiss: You always do.
- Pyrrha: Do you believe in destiny?
- Cinder: ...Yes.
[Ruby reaches the top of the tower. She sees Cinder raise her bow and fire an arrow right into Pyrrha's chest. Cinder then puts her hand on Pyrrha, causing her to glow orange and then disintegrate. Ruby's expression turns to shock, then into rage]
- Ruby: PYRRHA!!!!! [As she shouts out, a burst of bright light shoots out of her eyes, which causes the Grimm Dragon to freeze]
- Cinder: WHAT?! [The bright light reaches her, causing her to freeze as well]
- Taiyang: Things are just... kind of a mess.
- Qrow: It's always a mess.
- Ruby: Yang, where are Weiss and Blake?
- Yang: Weiss's father... came for her.
- Ruby: What? What do you mean?
- Yang: No one outside of Vale knows what happened here. Before the tower fell... The last thing people saw was Atlas attacking innocent people and Grimm destroying the city. Everyone's scared. No one knows who to trust. So Weiss's father came to take her back to Atlas, where he thinks it's safe. She's gone.
- Ruby: What about-
- Yang: And Blake ran! Sun saw her go. After we got to the city... she just... ran!
- Ruby: But... why?
- Yang: I don't know. And I don't care.
- Ruby: There have to be a reason she-
- Yang: No there doesn't! Sometimes bad things just happen Ruby!
- Jaune: Hey.
- Ruby: Hey Jaune... Haven's a long way to go.
- Jaune: I know. But it's the only lead we have.
- Ruby: And you're sure you wanna come along?
- Ren: The journey will be perilous, and whether we'll find answers at the end is entirely uncertain.
- Nora: But we wouldn't be here if we weren't up for it.
The Next Step [Volume 4, Episode 1]
- [Cinder speaks in unintelligible, hoarse whispers to Emerald]
- Dr. Watts: Pathetic. Why'd you even-?
- [The door opens. Watts, Cinder, Hazel, and Tyrian all stand. Salem walks in, and walks to the head of the table]
- Salem: Watts...Do you find such malignancy necessary? [She gestures for them to sit.]
- Dr. Watts: I apologize, ma'am. I'm not particularly fond of failure.
- Salem: Then I see no reason for your cruelty towards young Cinder. She's become our Fall Maiden, destroyed Beacon Tower, and most importantly...killed dear Ozpin. So, I'm curious; to what failures are you referring?
- Dr. Watts: Well, the girl with silver eyes.
- Hazel: Yes. We dealt with her kind before. How's it a novice was able to best one of us?
- Dr. Watts: My thoughts exactly. Even without her new power, it should've been effortless.
- Salem: It is because of the Maiden's power. Make no mistake, Cinder, you hold the key to our victory. But, your newfound strength brings with it a crippling weakness. Which is why you will remain by my side as we continue your treatment. [Cinder snarls in disappointment] Dr. Watts, you are to take Cinder's place, and meet with our informant in Mistral.
- Dr. Watts: Very good.
- Salem: Tyrian, I want you to continue your hunt for the Spring Maiden.
- Tyrian: [Gives a gleeful chuckle] Gladly.
- Salem: And Hazel, I'm sending you to the leader of the White Fang. Adam Taurus has arranged the meeting. The boy continues to prove loyal. Ensure that Sienna Khan feels the same way.
- Hazel: As you wish.
- [Cinder raises her hand, and looks at Emerald]
- Emerald: Oh. [Leans in to Cinder. Cinder whispers to her again, and Emerald stands up]
- Salem: Speak, child.
- Emerald: She wants to know..."What about the girl?"
- Dr. Watts: [Scoffs] What about her? Seems to me that this is Cinder's problem, not ours. [Cinder slams her fist on the table and glares at Watts, who gives a smug grin in response]
- Salem: That's enough. Tyrian?
- Tyrian: Mmm, yes, my lady?
- Salem: Spring can wait. Find the girl that did this to Cinder...[Tyrian gleefully giggles and claps] And bring her to me. [Tyrian frowns in disappointment] Because of your efforts, Beacon has fallen...and Haven will be next.
- Tyrian: And eye for an eye... Muhahahahahahahahahah... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
- Nora: I'm just saying, there's more members of JNPR on this team than RWBY. It just makes sense to go with that one!
- Ren: But JNRR isn't a color.
- Nora: [Groans] How can I be more clear?! [Holds her hand up, and an image of JNRR appears] One, two, three! That's more than one!
- Ren: But, we're helping Ruby with her objective. [Holds his hand up, and an image of RNJR appears] Wouldn't that make her the leader?
- Jaune: [On lookout] Guys, we need to focus...Also, JNRR is way cooler.
- Nora: EXACTLY!
- [The Grimm Geist, after losing an arm, gets a new one made of a tree]
- Jaune: His arm is the tree. His arm is the tree!
- Ruby: Big mistake! [Loads Crescent Rose with fire ammunition. She fires at the arm, hitting it. Jaune pumps his fist, then sees the tree is now on fire]
- Jaune: BIG MISTAKE! [The Geist now swings the flaming tree at Jaune]
- [Blacksmith finishes creating Jaune new armor]
- Blacksmith: There you go, son! It's gonna be heavier than you're used to... But you'll thank me the next time you go up against a set of claws!
- Jaune: Wow... I... I don't know what to say.
- Blacksmith: Don't gotta say anything! Just put it on! I'll go get the rest.
- Nora: So, what are you waiting for?!
- Jaune: Oh...! Right! [Removing his old armor] Guess I was... Gonna grow out of it eventually...
- Ren: A sign of progress.
- Jaune: Progress. [Jaune turns around]
- Ruby: [Gasp!] [Snickering]
- Jaune: Whuh... What is it?
- Ruby: [Pointing at Jaune's hoodie] What is THAT?
- Jaune: [Jaune's hoodie has a picture of a bunny on it] What, my hoodie? I've always had this!
- Ruby: [Again snickering] IT GOT A CUTE LITTLE BUNNY RABBIT! [Starting to laugh]
- Jaune: It's Pumpkin Pete! Y'know from the cereal?
- Ruby: [Continue to laugh] What did you do?! Send in a boxtop for a prize?!
- Jaune: Yeah! 50!
[Ruby, after a pause, laughs even louder, before falling over.]
- Ruby: Ah... Ha-ha-ha... Heh...
- Ren: Well... I suppose we don't have to grow out of everything.
Remembrance [Volume 4, Chapter 2]
- Ruby: So, the next town is... [continues looking at the map] Uh-huh! Uh-huh... [stops looking at the map] We're lost.
- Jaune: We're not lost! The next town is Shion. My family used to visit it all the time.
- Ruby: Oh, yeah! Don't you have, like four sisters?
- Jaune: Uh, seven.
- Nora: Y'know, that actually explain a lot.
- Jaune: Wait, what do you mean--
- Ruby: SO, what did you guys do there?
- Jaune: OH! All sorts of stuff! Over here is a great hiking trail, and over here is where we went to camping all the time! I got my own tent because I was special. Also, so my sisters would stop braiding my hair.
- Ruby: Didn't like the look?
- Jaune: Yeah, they just keep doing pigtails, but personally I think I'm more of a "Warrior's Wolf Tail" kind of guy.
- Ruby: That's just a ponytail.
- Jaune: I stand by what I said.
Of Runaways and Stowaways [Volume 4, Chapter 3]
- [Blake tries to defend the ship from a Grimm sea monster. A cloaked figure suddenly rushes past her and leaps at the monster. The cloak flies off, revealing...]
- Blake: SUN?!
- Sun: [Uses his Semblance to help grab the monster's head, as he tries to corral it, keeping the monster from firing on the ship] Not today, pal!
- Blake: What are you doing?!
- Sun: [As the monster starts flying in random directions, trying to throw him off] Oh, just...you know...hanging out! [The monster finally throws him off. As Sun starts to fall, Blake swings herself off the ship and catches him, landing on a small island, holding Sun in her arms] My hero.
- Blake: You're not supposed to be here!
- Sun: Yeah? Well, it looks like you need all the help you can get.
- Blake: UGH! [Drops Sun unceremoniously] Just shut up and fight!
- Sun: [After the Grimm monster is defeated, some Faunus passengers thank him] Seriously, it was no big deal. Just enjoy the rest of your trip, and everything will be cool. We got this! [Turns back to Blake] You'd think they've never seen a fight before.
- Blake: What are you even doing here, Sun?
- Sun: Digging the new outfit, by the way. [Points to her cat ears] Never did like the bow.
- Blake: [Slaps Sun's hand away] SUN!
- Sun: Jeez.
- Blake: Have you been following me?!
- Sun: [Sighs] I saw you run off. The night Beacon Tower fell. Once we landed in Vale, you made sure everyone was okay, then you just took off, without saying anything.
- Blake: I had to. You wouldn't understand.
- Sun: No, I get it. The moment you left, I knew exactly what you were doing: You're going on a one-woman rampage against the White Fang!
- Blake: ...WHAT?
- Sun: You always felt like the Fang was your fight. They show up, trash your school, hurt your friends; it makes perfect sense.
- Blake: I can't believe you.
- Sun: So, there's no way I'm letting you do this alone! It's an honorable approach for sure, but you're going to need someone watching your back, and that's where I come in! Us Faunus got to stick together, after all.
- Blake: [Shoves Sun away] You're wrong, Sun. You're so, so wrong.
- Sun: What do you-?
- Blake: I'm not going anywhere near the White Fang. Not yet.
- Sun: Seriously?
- Blake: I need to sort some things out.
- Sun: Then, why not do it with your team, your friends?
- Blake: You're one to talk! Assuming Neptune, Sage, and Scarlet aren't hiding below deck.
- Sun: You really think I can get Neptune on the ocean?
- Salem: Cinder, I'm going to ask you this just one more time, and I expect a clear answer. Did you...kill...Ozpin? [Cinder starts to raise her hand for Emerald] NO! I want to hear you say it.
- Cinder: [Gives a rasping inhale, then, with great effort] ...Yes.
- Salem: [After a pause, turns to the Grimm orb floating next to her] Reinforce our forces at Beacon. The relic is there. [After the orb leaves, she ponders to herself] What are you planning?
Family [Volume 4, Episode 4]
- Taiyang: Adult or not, you still have a long way to go before you're ready for the real world.
- Yang: [Annoyed] Oh my gosh, does every father figure just have the same three condescending phrases?
- Taiyang: Yeah, but we only use them when we mean it!
- Prof. Port: Fear is like any other emotion; it comes and goes. It's all in how we handle it. Why, even I wrestle with that emotion from time to time.
- Yang: Really? You?
- Dr. Oobleck: [Aside to Yang] He's afraid of mice.
- Prof. Port: THEY ONLY BRING DISEASE AND FAMINE! [Yang starts quietly laughing] And don't even get me started on their tail! So hairless, it's simply unnatural!
- Raven: Hello, brother.
- Qrow: ...Raven. [Goes to the table she's sitting at. He gives her a look, and after a pause, Raven pulls her mask aside, allowing him to sit with his drink.] So, what do you want?
- Raven: A girl can't just catch up with her family?
- Qrow: She can, but you're not. Now, how about we get on with it? [Takes a sip of his drink] Unless you plan on keeping these coming.
- Raven: Does she have it?
- Qrow: ...Did you know Yang lost her arm?
- Raven: That's not-
- Qrow: Rhetorical question, I know you know. It's just obnoxious that you bring up family, then just carry on like your own daughter doesn't exist.
- Raven: I saved her!
- Qrow: Once, because that was your rule, right? Real "Mom of the Year" material, sis.
Dread In The Air [Volume 5, Episode 2]
- Dr. Watts: I'm still so fascinated by this creature. Cinder, dear, are we coming through? Can you see us clearly? Well, as clearly as you can.
- Cinder: Shut... up!
- Dr. Watts: Oh, goody. You've recovered.
The Coming Storm [Volume 6, Episode 5]
- Ruby: Look! [rushes over to a shelf]
- Weiss: What is it?
- Ruby: [shows Weiss canned beans] Food!
- Weiss: Canned food?
- Ruby: Oh, trust me. You put enough salt on anything and it'll taste just fine.
- Weiss: I suppose it's better than nothing. [she and Ruby pick up some cans from the cellar] But I still hate this place.
[They leave, but the door to the nearby wine cellar lifts up and then goes back down again, making an ominous creak.]
Seeing Red [Volume 6, Episode 12]
- Adam: You knew you couldn't win two on one at Haven. What makes you so sure you can win now?
- Blake: I don't have a choice. I have people who actually care about me! And I promised that I would never leave them again! So I'm not dying now!
- Adam: You know, she made a promise to me once... that she'd always be at my side. And look how well she's kept it.
- Yang: Did she make that promise to you? Or to the person you were pretending to be?
- Adam: So I just wasn't good enough for you.
- Blake: You know it's so much more than that.
- Adam: I know you've made your choice. And I've made mine.