American rapper, multi-instrumentalist and journalist from Pennsylvania
Questlove (January 20, 1971) is an American musician and music journalist.
- Dare I hesitate to say that creativity might be in jeopardy because one of the key components of being creative is boredom and silence and isolation.
- On how distractions might affect creativity in “Questlove Aims To Save Your Brain: 'Creativity Might Be In Jeopardy'” in NPR (2018 May 1)
- …Hip-hop is an instant gratification, winners and losers circle, and often those who are losing give up after three or four, five years. I’m probably trendier now as a 42-year-old than I’ve ever been…
- On how his career differs than when he was 22 in “WE’VE GOT LOVE FOR QUESTLOVE” in Interview Magazine (2013 Jun 13)
- I still don’t know if I am truly creative...At times I feel like I’m a way better student than I am teacher or maker.
- As stated in the introduction of his book Creative Quest (as quoted in “The Last Word: Questlove on Why He Doesn’t Drink, Idolizing Dave Chappelle” in Rolling Stone; 2018 Apr 19)
- I jumped in the river and there’s piranhas and sharks, but I have a 500-foot lead on them.
- On what he would tell his teenaged self in “The Last Word: Questlove on Why He Doesn’t Drink, Idolizing Dave Chappelle” in Rolling Stone (2018 Apr 19)
- A lot of us are afraid that we’ll get found out as normal. The reason why bodyguards and velvet ropes really exist is mainly because a lot of celebrities don’t want you to know how normal and regular they are…
- On imposter syndrome in “The Last Word: Questlove on Why He Doesn’t Drink, Idolizing Dave Chappelle” in Rolling Stone (2018 Apr 19)