Prometheus (2012 film)(Redirected from Prometheus (film))
Prometheus is a 2012 film about a team of explorers on a spaceship named after the Titan Prometheus, who discover a clue to the origins of mankind on Earth, leading them on a journey to the darkest corners of the universe. There, they must fight a terrifying battle to save the future of the human race.
- Weyland Corporation: Building Better Worlds.
Hello, friends. My name is Peter Weyland. I am your employer. I am recording this 22 June 2091 — and if you are watching it, you have reached your destination, and I am long dead. May I rest in peace. There is a man sitting with you today — his name is David — he is the closest thing to a son I will ever have. Unfortunately he is not human. He will never grow old and he will never die — and yet he is unable to appreciate these remarkable gifts, for that would require the one thing that David will never have: a soul.
I have spent my entire lifetime contemplating the questions "Where do we come from — what is our purpose — what happens when we die?" And I have finally found two people who have convinced me they're on the verge of answering them: Doctors Holloway and Shaw — if you you would please stand. As far as you're concerned, they're both in charge.
The Titan Prometheus wanted to give mankind equal footing with the gods — for that he was cast from Olympus. Well, my friends, the time has finally come for his return.
- Recorded hologram for the crew of the Prometheus on reaching their destination.
- "The trick, William Potter, is not minding that it hurts."
- I was designed like this because you people are more comfortable interacting with your own kind. If I didn't wear the suit, it would defeat the purpose.
- On why he is suiting up like the astronauts.
- Big things have small beginnings.
- Observing an alien larva on his fingertip. Another quote from Lawrence of Arabia (film).
- How far would you go to get what you came all this way for — to get your answers? What would you be willing to do?
- Good morning. I am Meredith Vickers, and it is my job to make sure you do yours.
- A king has his reign, and then he dies. It's inevitable.
- It's us — it's everything. What killed them?
- After analyzing the DNA of a dead Engineer.
- Final report of the vessel Prometheus. The ship and her entire crew are gone. If you're receiving this transmission, make no attempt to come to its point of origin. There is only death here now, and I'm leaving it behind. It is New Year's Day, the year of our Lord, 2094. My name is Elizabeth Shaw, the last survivor of the Prometheus. And I am still searching.
- Elizabeth's final log
- Look, I'm just a geologist. I like rocks. I love rocks! Now, it's clear you two don't give a shit about rocks. But what you do seem to care about is gigantic dead bodies. And as I don't really have anything to contribute in the gigantic dead body arena … I'm gonna go back to the ship. If you don't mind.
- Charlie Holloway: [pointing at diagrams] These are images of archaeological digs all over the Earth: ancient civilizations that shared no contact. And yet, the same pictogram on every last one of them.
- Fifield: A star map?
- Elizabeth Shaw: No, an invitation.
- Fifield: From whom?
- Meredith Vickers: Any casualties?
- David: Casualties, ma'am?
- Meredith Vickers: Has anyone died?
- David: No, ma'am … everyone's fine.
- Meredith Vickers: Well, then wake 'em up.
- Meredith Vickers: I think there might be some confusion about our relationship. Weyland found you impressive enough to fund this mission, but I'm fairly certain your Engineers are nothing but scribblings of savages living in dirty little caves. But let's say I'm wrong, and you do find these "beings" down there: you won't engage them, you won't talk to them, you will do nothing but report back to me.
- Charlie Holloway: Ummm, Miss Vickers, is there an agenda that you're not telling us about?
- Elizabeth Shaw: If we can't make contact, why did you — why did you even bring us here?
- Meredith Vickers: Weyland was a superstitious man. He wanted a true believer on board. Cheers.
- David [quoting lines from the film Lawrence of Arabia]: "There is nothing in the desert, and no man needs nothing."
- Elizabeth Shaw: What is that?
- David: Just something from a film I like.
- Elizabeth Shaw: [in an alien chamber] Prometheus, are you seeing this?
- Meredith Vickers: They were right …
- Janek: You wanted them to be wrong?
- David: Why do you think your people made me?
- Charlie Holloway: We made you because we could.
- David: Can you imagine how disappointing it would be for you to hear the same thing from your creator?
- Meredith Vickers: What did he say, David?
- David: I don't think he'd want me to tell you.
- Meredith Vickers: What did he say?
- David: I'm sorry — [she slams him against the wall, as he calmly continues speaking] — that's confidential.
- Meredith Vickers: Oh my god — I will find the cord that makes you run, and I will cut it. What did he say?
- David: He said … try harder.
- Elizabeth Shaw: You can't leave — please — you have to stop it!
- Meredith Vickers: We're not stopping anything, Shaw — we're going home.
- Elizabeth Shaw: Janek! If you don't stop it, there won't be any home to go back to. It's — it's carrying death — and it's headed for Earth.
- Elizabeth Shaw: I don't want go to back to where we came from. I want to go where they came from. You think you can do that, David?
- David: Yes, I believe I can. … May I ask what you hope to achieve by going there?
- Elizabeth Shaw: They created us. Then they tried to kill us. They changed their minds. I deserve to know why.
- David: The answer is irrelevant. It doesn't matter why they changed their minds.
- Elizabeth Shaw: Yes — yes, it does.
- David: I don't understand.
- Elizabeth Shaw: Well … I guess that's because I'm a human being, and you're a robot.
- The search for our beginning could lead to our end.
- They went looking for our beginning. What they found could be our end.