Private defense agency
Conceptualized agency that provides personal protection and military defense services voluntarily through the free market
A private defense agency is a private organization that protects its customers from aggression by governments and rogue private defense agencies.
|This theme article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- If citizens were permitted privately owned courts and armies, then they would possess the means to defend themselves against invasive acts by the government as well as by private individuals.
- Rothbard, Murray (18 March 2004), The Myth of Efficient Government Service
- In practice, once anarcho-capitalist institutions were well established, protection agencies would anticipate such difficulties and arrange contracts in advance, before specific conflicts occurred, specifying the arbitrator who would settle them.
- David Friedman, Police, Courts and Laws - On the Market
- A tax-funded protection agency is a contradiction in terms and will lead to ever more taxes and less protection.
- Hans-Hermann Hoppe