Private Practice (TV series)(Redirected from Private Practice)
Private Practice is a spin-off of the popular television show Grey's Anatomy. Created by Shonda Rhimes, the series chronicles the life of Dr. Addison Montgomery as she leaves Seattle Grace Hospital for Los Angeles in order to join a private practice.
|This TV article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
Which We Meet Addison, a Nice Girl From Somewhere Else [1.01]Edit
- Richard: Why is there a letter of resignation on my desk?
- Addison: I told you. I got a job offer.
- Richard: I don't want to hear this again. Working at a private medical co-op, moving to L.A.? This is not my Addison. My Addison is a world-class neonatal surgeon.
- Violet: You'll have Dell.
- Naomi: He's studying to be a midwife.
- Addison: The cute boy who answers the phone?
- Addison: I want to hear you say it out loud.
- Pete: You didn't move down here because I kissed you.
- Addison: [walks away] Thank you.
- Pete: You so moved down here because I kissed you.
- Addison: (to herself) I heard that!
- Violet: Look, I know she has the largest chunk in this practice, but we agreed to equal votes. We are supposed to vote! Sam, you ought to do something!
- Sam: What, me?
- Violet: This divorce is killing us! You need to go apologize.
- Pete: Just say you were wrong for walking out, so we can go back to being a happy family.
- Violet: Yeah!
- Sam: I never... I didn't... I am not apologizing to her. She's the one.... Naomi hires Addison and then moves her in right next door to me. I saw her naked this morning.
- Cooper: You saw her naked?
- Pete: Did she look good naked?
- Violet & Sam: Focus!
- Cooper: (to Addison) Do you think there's something wrong with having sex with a woman who wants you to call her... mama?
- (In the conference room)
- Cooper: We're a team.
- Violet: We're partners, Naomi.
- Sam: You can't just bring somebody in.
- Pete: Without asking us.
- Violet: Yeah.
- Sam: We're a democracy. We vote.
- Pete: We vote.
- Violet: We vote or it doesn't happen.
- Naomi: You're right. We should've voted. I was wrong.
- Violet: Good. Okay, let's vote.
- Addison: Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold on a minute. Uh, I have been working here less than 24 hours, and in that time I discovered that I not welcome here, I learned I am a one-man gynie show, and I performed crazy McGyver surgery, and...Sam saw my booty. So...this has not been a great day for me. This day kind of sucked. But you know what I had one patient...one patient the entire day...and I loved it. So you want me gone? Too bad. I'm in. I'm putting my foot down. My foot's down. It's down. I'm not going anywhere. So...yeah. I thought I...I thought I had a big finish but...I don't. So...I'm done. No, no. I do have a big finish. If I hadn't been here today, if you'd had someone else, that girl would've died delivering her baby. I saved her life. I saved your asses. I'm a world-class neonatal surgeon. And I'm here to stay. Welcome to the new Oceanside Wellness.(Addison leaves)
- Naomi: That's why I didn't tell you she was coming.
In Which Sam Receives an Unexpected Visitor... [1.02]Edit
- Pete: Addison is mad at me because Cooper hired a stripper.
- Violet: I'm ignoring the stripper. Today is a day for ignoring things. I am all business today.
- Pete: Oh, god. I am a wreck. Long day.
- Addison: I just sent a man to jail for trying to get rid of his own kid, but... your day sounds really hard.
- Pete: I didn't know.
- Addison: Oh, no. Of course not. You spend the entire day dealing with the perils of aromatherapy and uh... your stripper.
- Pete: I know you don't believe me... but... I like my women real. Real skin, real breasts, real lines around their eyes that mean that they've really lived and had pain. You show me that woman, and I'm interested... and not in a slippery way. (gets up to leave, but stops) And, Addison... I think it's great that you take care of Naomi, but who takes care of you?
In Which Addison Finds the Magic [1.03]Edit
- (Talking about Pete with Naomi and Violet)
- Addison: I don't even know if he's normal. One minute he's hot, the next minute he's arctic; I don't need that kind of damage, no matter how fancy his lips are; here he comes.
- Addison: You know this is a very serious issue. This is a woman who has needs, who has wants, who needs and wants magic in her life. This is not a dirty little joke that you can make your dirty little jokes about, dirty man.
- Pete: You don't know me at all. You think you do, but you don't, so don't call me names.
In Which Addison Has a Very Casual Get Together [1.04]Edit
- Cooper: Violet! Step away from the pee-pee!
In Which Addison Finds a Showerhead [1.05]Edit
- Sam: Pain is what forces us to grow.
- Pete: I barely notice your incredible breasts or your cellulite-free thighs because your brain is such an immense turn-on to a man as highly evolved as I am.
In Which Charlotte Goes Down the Rabbit Hole [1.06]Edit
- Addison' (about Charlotte): Fascinating. She's been here all night?
- Pete: She snores...
- Naomi: God, asleep, she looks almost harmless.
- Addison: Like a sleeping tiger.
- Pete: Don't wake the tiger.
- Naomi: You do a lot for the practice.
- Dell: You are the practice. You keep it running; the way you deal with the patients, the way you care. Your dream is what started it in the first place.
- Naomi: And Sam's.
- Dell: And Sam's. (moves in closer to Naomi) But I do it for you.
In Which Sam Gets Taken for a Ride [1.07]Edit
- [Violet and Cooper are getting ready to have sex. Violet has just disrobed]
- Cooper: (looks up from taking off his trousers) Oh, you're... wow, you're naked.
- Violet: Yeah, it makes the sex easier.
- Cooper: It's just, ah, I've never seen you naked. In the office, you always have your clothes on.
- Violet: Well, yeah, I try to be a professional.
- (Coop stands there with his arms crossed in front of him)
- Violet: (indicating to his underwear) Rip off the bandaid, Coop. I did.
- Cooper: (after a long pause) Yeah... can't.
- Violet: Y... you have to... you've already seen me naked.
- Cooper: I know, and you're... beautiful. I'm sorry, I... thought I could but... (starts putting his clothes back on)
- Violet: You can't reject me, you have low standards... you have no standards!
- Cooper: It's different, Violet.
- Violet: No, it's not different! I... I am offering you uncomplicated, unemotional sex.
- Cooper: No! I... You're... you're not some random girl from the Internet, with you it doesn't mean nothing... it never will...
In Which Cooper Finds a Port in His Storm [1.08]Edit
- Addison: I was humiliated.
- Violet: Were you completely naked? Did you stand in front of him like a pealed banana while he looked over your best parts? Because I have good parts and Cooper passed on them. I have good parts!
- Addison: Damm right you do and so do I!
- Violet: I like your breasts.
- Addison: You have a good ass.
- Violet: Thank you! I like it.
- Naomi: Hey, hey, hey! The point is, we should not be having sex in the office.
- Violet: Who is having sex in the office?
- Naomi: No one. No one! That's the point! It gets complicated, you just...you don't know where you stand.
- [Sam walks into the cafeteria. Pete and Coop are there]
- Sam: They are behind closed doors.
- Coop: Who?
- Sam: The women... If they are gonna talk about us, we should talk about them.
- Coop: Yeah, let's talk, let's talk smack.
In Which Dell Finds His Fight [1.09]Edit
- Charlotte (to Cooper): Sex is best when you feel like you want to kill the other person.
- Cooper: Who kicked your dog?
- Pete: I think I'm helping some other guy win over Addison.
- Cooper: Good job.
- Pete: It'd be weird to punch him out now, right?
- Cooper: Yeah, a little bit.
A Family Thing [2.01]Edit
- Charlotte: I miss the good old days. When life and death was decided by God instead of doctors.
- Violet: Well, we'll be out of jobs.
Equal & Opposite [2.02]Edit
- Lisa: [talking about her husband, Brian] He's all I have. Brian- He's all I've ever had. I was shy... before him. I was shy and... Brian sees me. He sees me and he knows me and he loves me. My whole life, I felt like there was this missing piece of me, like I didn't fit, and Brian... he's my missing piece, so before you say no to the surgery, consider... just consider what you're asking of me. You're asking me to make myself less whole, to lose a part of me. He's... my missing piece. My best friend is my missing piece.
- Pete: [explaining a procedure to Jodie, the temp] Actually, the treatment is preformed on the whole body, adapted for skin sensitivity of each individual, so-
- Violet: [scoffs] This place is bad enough without you trying to sell your magic beans to everyone. I mean, does she really look like she needs help? Does that body need... anything? I mean, does any body really need its fat pulverized into submission?
- Pete: Violet, Violet, you know what you are? You are a... a judger. You're a judgy judger who has no right to judge until she tries it for herself.
Nothing to Talk About [2.03]Edit
- Pete: Do you think I'm old?
- Addison: Tell me you did not sleep with that temp. [laughs] You slept with Jodie the temp.
- Pete: Hey, it seemed like a good idea at the time.
- Addison: Yeah, well, at least you're getting out there. Me? Two dates seems to be my limit.
- Pete: The cop?
- Addison: He didn't call after our last date, so I called him, left him a message, a horrifying, embarrassing message. Probably scared him off. Not that I care. You know, I'm glad to not be talking to him.
- Pete: Well, at least he didn't tell you you were old. Although... she did say that I was great.
Past Tense [2.04]Edit
- [When Kevin visits Addison at the work]
- Addison: Hey, to what do I owe this surprise?
- Kevin: I've got this coming weekend off and I was thinking you, me, Cabo San Lucas, weekend away Pamia, very fancy, perfect clear blue waters. (shows Addison the tickets) We could get away... too much?
- Addison: No... Yes... No... Yes... yes. No here's look here's the thing, we've been out a few times and am it's, it's been great I, I really like you...
- Kevin: Is this where you break up with me?
- Addison: No-- No, it's just am-- I have these rules, while they're stupid rules really but, in the past when I don't have rules it didn't go so well... my point is that now that I have my rules I don't wanna break them you know.
- Kevin: Yeah... I have no idea what you're talking about. I wanna know but am rules?
- Addison: Sex rules.
- Kevin: Rules about sex?
- Addison: You know a hotel means a room, a room means a bed, a bed means...
- Kevin: You have sex rules.
- Addison: I'm waiting.
- Kevin: Until marriage?
- Addison: No, no, no, no, I just am, until it feels right, until I'm sure.
- Kevin: Okay, so we'll wait. I'm good with waiting. I'm happy with waiting.
- Addison: Really?
- Kevin: No, but I can wait.
Let It Go [2.05]Edit
- [Addison and Kevin lay naked together, eating noodles on the floor]
- Addison: So if I lease the fourth floor, then Sam and Naomi hate me, but if I don't, the Practice may go under.
- Kevin: So you lease it right?
- Addison: You make it sound easy.
- Kevin: I lead guys everyday, need to make tough decisions, sometimes that means pissing of a friend for the good of the group.
- Addison: I want people to stop being pissed off.
- Kevin: Well, you need to decide if you wanna be a good friend, or a good leader?
- Addison: You're smart, I don't like that.
- Kevin: Yes, you do. (Addison smiles) You want me to eat noodles off your back?
- Addison: Yes, please.
Serving Two Masters [2.06]Edit
- Addison: Cooper the Internet dater is in a healthy relationship and my too-good-to-be-true boyfriend thinks I'm a psychotic bunny boiler.
- Violet (to Charlotte): You're opening a practice here? What about Cooper?
- Charlotte: This has nothing to do with him.
- Violet: He's your boyfriend.
- Charlotte: This is business and Cooper is personal.
- Violet: It's not that simple.
- Charlotte: Maybe not for you but I am not a therapist. I don't have to talk about my feelings until everyone else's ears bleed.
- Addison: You're living a lie, Daniel. You're cheating on two women and cheating ruins lives.
- Daniel: I'm not the one who ruined lives here today.
Tempting Faith [2.07]Edit
- Naomi: Who knew that meaningless sex could be amazing?
- Violet: You had meaningless sex? Congratulations.
- Naomi (to Addison): Where's the prodigal brother?
- Addison: He's showing Kevin around, hopefully making nice. Apparently Archer didn't appreciate Kevin treating him like a criminal when they first met.
- Naomi: You mean when he broke in like a criminal?
- Addison: Exactly.
Crime and Punishment [2.08]Edit
- Cooper: Regular normal people are driven to murder every day. Right, love, love will do it every time. Twisted, sick, messed-up love.
- Sam: Cooper, Charlotte King is still alive, right?
Know When to Fold [2.09]Edit
- Violet: I am sex-less. I am without sex. Which can be healthy. Celibacy in some cultures is seen as a sign of strength. So I am strong. I am a strong healthy woman.
- Addison: Hm, I miss sex.
- Naomi: What are you talking about? You've got a gorgeous man sleeping in your bed.
- Addison: Yeah, that's all he is doing in my bed. Doctor's orders.
- Naomi: You have sex on the horizon, which is better than having had amazing sex in your recent past with no visible sign of it happening ever again.
- [Charlotte has just taken the pregnancy test and is waiting for the results with Cooper]
- Charlotte: Now, all we have to do is wait.
- Cooper: Come on. Little Walter? (pretends to be holding a baby)
- Charlotte: Are you trying to be funny?
- Cooper: No, that was my grandfather. He was a piano tuner. Maybe he'll play an instrument, maybe the trumpet.
- Charlotte: Please. It'll be a girl. Marjorie.
- Cooper: Your grandmother?
- Charlotte: My horse. Last animal I ever had. I was 15. She broke her ankle and we had to shoot her.
Worlds Apart [2.10]Edit
- Sam: (to Naomi) You talked about this practice. The way it's supposed to run. The way we're supposed to treat our patients. You talked about not wanting to give up and then you're going to go downstairs to that place to work with that woman who is doing everything possible to undermine us. To work for that man who's more concerned about getting recognised for his work than which patient lives or dies. How is that not selling out?
- Violet: I slept with Pete! (she pauses) There, I told you.
- Cooper: You know, I expected better from you.
- Violet: I'm sorry. It just happened -
- Cooper: You know what? If that's how you want to play it, fine.
- Violet: What are you talking about?
- Cooper: When you're ready to be mature and tell me who you really slept with I'll be around for you, Violet.
- Violet: I'm not lying to you. I really slept with Pete.
- Cooper: Okay. (steps out the door)
- Violet: Where are you going?
- Cooper: I don't want to be late for my date with Angelina Jolie.
- Cooper: (to Charlotte) I have a mom who feels like she lost one son to autism and maybe losing another one to measles and she's got another one sitting out here, exposed, and maybe I'm just not persuasive enough. But he's vulnerable. She's not going to let me do anything about it. So I'm really sorry if I piled on some paperwork for you, but I don't need crap from you, right now.
- Cooper: Are you still having sex with the same guy? The same guy, huh? Finally going to 'fess up and tell me who?
- Violet: I told you whom it was, and you didn't believe me.
- Cooper: Who it was. And you told me Pete, which is an obfuscation, Lying really.
- Violet: It's Pete, Cooper. I'm having sex with Pete. You need me to prove it to you?
- Pete (to Addison): Do you want my advice?
- Addison: Please.
- Pete: Ignore all advice.
Homeward Bound [2.12]Edit
- Charlotte: Momma's taken to her room with the vapors and none of them wants to make a decision about Big Daddy.
- Cooper: The vapors? You have a medical degree from John Hopkins. You've diagnosed your mother with the vapors?
- Violet: I thought I was okay with it. But I'm not sure if I am okay with it. I'm sleeping with two men. Do I get a lecture now?
- Cooper: Yes. Yes, you do. This is good. This is progress.
Nothing to Fear [2.13]Edit
- Violet: I'm pregnant.
- Cooper: You're pregnant?
- Violet: And I don't know who the father is. Cooper, we are two of the most emotionally stunted people I've ever known. We've never made any progress in our personal life. We don't do personal growth and now, here you are, getting married and I'm pregnant and we're just growing all over the place.
- Charlotte (to Cooper): I want to marry you, tomorrow. In Vegas.
- Cooper: Tomorrow? My mother-
- Charlotte: Families complicate things. Family's messy. Let's do this. Marry me, Cooper Freedman.
Second Chances [2.14]Edit
- Cooper (to Charlotte): I want you to talk to me. Do you not see that we are a perfect match and you're screwing it up?
- Charlotte: I got embarrassed and humiliated. So don't tell me about screwing things up. You think it's easy for me to look you in the face after I sobbed in your lap like a 12 year old girl, asked you to marry me and got turned down?
- Archer (to Addison): This is you. Not mad. Like the time I loaned your cashmere sweater to Crystal McCullen.
- Addison: She puked on it. She puked up strawberry daiquiri all over my sweater.
- Violet: Looks like you're good at your job.
- Dell: Well, I'm not a doctor but, yes, I know a thing or two about pregnant women.
- Violet: Stomach cramps?
- Dell: Aren't about the baby.
- Violet: What are you talking about? I've an alien pea growing inside of me.
- Archer: I'm signing myself out.
- Naomi: What? Against all medical advice?
- Archer: Against your medical advice. Which makes you my doctor, so you have doctor-patient confidentiality.
- Naomi: What, wait, wait. You want me to lie to Addison?
- Archer: Yes.
- Charlotte: I get what you're doing for Violet.
- Cooper: Please tell me you're not changing your mind.
- Charlotte: I get that she's your best friend, but there comes a point when you can't have a woman be your best friend because there's a more important woman in your life. Or should be. But you and Violet, it's intimate. And she needs you. And, I think, at the end of the day, you need her. I'm outside of it. It's your thing. Your thing with Violet. And you want me to be a part of it, but I don't have it in me to make it work that way. I'm supposed to be your best friend, Cooper.
- Derek (to Addison): Archer's awake and complaining. Am I right? He ought to be happy he's on five of morphine.
- Addison: He says his vision is blurry and he would like you to run another CT.
- Derek: No.
- Addison: No?
- Derek: Your brother's an ass. His vision is probably impaired because he can't see past his own ego.
- Derek: Next time I save your life, Archer, a simple thank you would suffice. If you were a neurosurgeon and not just a neurotic, you would know that it is common for a CSP to temporarily fill with fluid, post surgery. Repeat the CT in a month and this will be clear.
- Naomi: What? You mean he's going to be fine?
- Derek: No, he's going to be an ass, like he's always been.
Wait and See [2.17]Edit
- Archer (to Addison): I like women. I like a lot of women. But I am not married to Naomi and she is not the mother of my children.
- Addison: Naomi sat by your side when you had surgery. She held your hand. You're upstairs sticking your tongue down her throat, seeing her every day, letting her believe you two have something together.
- Archer: I thought I was dying.
- Addison: You are asking me to lie for you. You are making me feel dirty, and cheap, and I'm ten years old again. Telling Mother that I went out for ice cream with Daddy, when really I'm sitting in his office while he's screwing his secretary down the hall.
- Charlotte: I slept with Archer Montgomery. I just thought you shoulds know.
- Cooper: No! No! You don't get to just walk away from me after telling me that. How dare you? How dare you do this?
- Charlotte: It's just the way I am.
- Cooper: Well, that's crap. You did the one thing you could, to push me away, to make me make a choice and not you. Guess what, Charlotte? That's not gonna work. I'm not going anywhere. You want to sleep with some guy to hurt me? Make me back off? Too bad. I'm here. I'm storming the freaking castle for you and you so underestimated me. What, you thought I was so weak that I'm going to walk away because my pride got wounded? You're mine and I'm not walking away because you're scared.
- Pete: We've made a decision.
- Violet: Together?
- Sheldon: Paternity test.
- Pete: Now, one of us gets out of your hair, the other one ... has a right to know.
- Cooper: Look guys ...
- Pete: Know what, Cooper? You moved in, you pushed us out, you claimed your territory, but one thing is clear. This kid you're talking to, is not your kid, so, stay out of it.
- Violet: Look, Pete ...
- Sheldon: The answer is right there for us to know. We know that you don't want to face it, but we do.
What Women Want [2.19]Edit
- Sam (to Cooper): You like women.
- Cooper: Yeah, and you know what? I'm living with one with no sexual benefits, I'm sleeping with one who's way too complicated and the one place where there can just be men; there are women.
- Addison (to Violet): Where's Katie?
- Violet: She's still in the birthing suite. She needs some space. I'm afraid I'm not going to get through. She's in there staring at my belly. I represent everything she wants. She hates me for it.
- Pete: She doesn't hate you. She just wants something she can't have and that's hard.
Do the Right Thing [2.20]Edit
- Sam: Having a conscience is brutal.
What You Do for Love [2.21]Edit
Yours, Mine and Ours [2.22]Edit
- Pete: [to Violet] I'm not the kind of guy who fights. I just don't see the point to it. And the times I've tried it, you hurt your knuckles, you don't really feel better, it doesn't solve anything. And I guess I'm, at heart, just a pacifist, 'cause I think fighting is stupid, I think war is wrong, and taking up arms for some cause just lacks nobility in today's world. So-
- Violet: Pete, Pete-
- Pete: I'm not the kinda guy who fights, but I should've fought for you! I should've fought for you, Violet. And I don't really know how else to say it except... I want your kid, whether it's mine or not. And I want your body, whether it's pregnant or not. And I want your heart, whether I have to fight for it or not. And I should've fought for it, but I was confused and angry and scared. So... I am fighting now... because I love you. And I think we can be something. I think we can be a family.
A Death in the Family [3.01]Edit
- Police Officer: [to Pete] Sir, your relationship to... Violet?
- Sheldon: He's her boyfriend. [to Pete] I was seeing a patient upstairs and I heard.
- Pete: I'm sorry. I should've called.
- Police Officer: And who are you?
- Sheldon: I'm the baby's father.
- Pete: Uh, well, kind of the baby's father.
- Sheldon: Maybe the father. So is he.
- Pete: We're both- We're the baby's father.
- Sheldon: [to the cop] It's a long story. It's... Just wear a condom. Tell your friends. [chuckles]
The Way We Were [3.02]Edit
- Cooper: [to Addison and Sam] What is wrong with you two? What?
- Addison: We made a pact.
- Sam: Addison and I are ignoring our problems.
- Addison: We are not going to talk or think about our problems anymore. Nothing even close to thinking or talking about our problems.
- Sam: We're gonna be strong.
- Addison: Strong.
- Sam: In denial, but strong.
- Addison: Strong.
- Cooper: Yeah, well, that's, um, you know, stupid.
- Cooper: I haven't shaved and my shirt's a little wrinkled, but beneath the depressed hobo look, I am fine.