Poseidon is a 2006 action-adventure disaster film about the luxury ocean liner Poseidon that capsizes on New Year's Eve after being swamped by a rogue wave. The survivors are left to fight for their lives as they attempt to escape the sinking ship. It is a loose remake of the 1972 film The Poseidon Adventure.
- Directed by Wolfgang Petersen. Written by Mark Protosevich, based on the novel The Poseidon Adventure by Paul Gallicoand.
Captain Michael BradfordEdit
- Now we're not sure exactly what happened here, but our best guess is that we were struck by what is known as a rogue wave. They are rare, they are unpredictable, and they are lethal, Now the good news. The instant this ship was struck, emergency GPS locater beacons were launched, so we are at most, several hours from rescue. [People start to panic; a few ask if the ship is sinking] Please, do yourselves a favor. Follow the directions of my officers, and stay calm. This room is a giant air bubble holding up the ship. Once these bulkhead doors are sealed, we will be safe from gas leaks, fire, and flooding. We will be safe.
- [to Dylan] You know, there's nothing fair about who lives and dies. You gave Elena a chance. You gave everybody a chance.
- [To Maggie] You know, normally what you get on these cruise ships is a desperate single woman hoping to meet a guy, and, uh- you sure don't fit the bill.
- Richard Nelson: I wouldn't put a lot of faith on what the captain says. I'm an architect, and these boats weren't designed to float upside down.
- Jennifer Ramsey: [walks to poker table with Christian] We're going downstairs now.
- Robert Ramsey: Ok, have fun... Hey Jen...
- Jennifer Ramsey: [looks down at her cleavage] The twins? Dad...
- Robert Ramsey: Just one more button.
- Jennifer Ramsey: [closes a button of her shirt] Pair of 5's, huh dad?
- [Jennifer walks away with Christian]
- Dylan Johns: All in.
- Robert Ramsey: [frowns] I fold.
- Dylan Johns: Does your husband...
- Maggie James: Oh, does that work much?
- Dylan Johns: What?
- Maggie James: The tentative mention of a husband I'm supposed to correct, even though you clocked my wedding finger twice already.
- Robert Ramsey: Now I know we're on this ship, but technically you two are still under my roof and it makes me uncomfortable... you two... alone.
- Jennifer Ramsey: Dad, do you have any idea how big this ship is? Don't you think if we really wanted to we could find somewhere away from you to do that thing you're so afraid of us doing?
- Elena Morales: I feel like I know your dad.
- Jennifer Ramsey: He was mayor of New York for a while, back when I was a kid.
- Elena Morales: Cool.
- Jennifer Ramsey: It wasn't.
- Captain Bradford: You may not leave this ballroom.
- Robert Ramsey: Excuse me?
- Captain Bradford: I am within my authority to compel you to stay, you know that.
- Robert Ramsey: Captain, I understand- you have no choice. You have sick and injured people here, you need to stay with them. [Bradford nods] But I am going to find my daughter, and don't think for one second that you're going to stop me.
- Lucky Larry: You know, I forgot. Big hero. Rescued all those women and children from the fires. Got elected. Man of the people. But you're not the boss anymore. Hm? You quit. Couldn't hack it. If I recall correctly, you couldn't even hang onto your wife. Come on. Come on.
- [Robert begins to stand up]
- Jennifer Ramsey: Dad. Calm down. Let it go. Okay. Please?
- Lucky Larry: [mocking] "Daddy, please." Come on.
- Robert Ramsey: Hey, man. Hey, you got it. Knock yourself out.
- Dylan Johns: It's okay. Go ahead.
- Lucky Larry: [pointing to Robert and Dylan] Assholes, both of you.
- Connor James: What are you doing?
- Dylan Johns: Thinking, you?
- Connor James: Thinking, what are we thinking about exactly?
- Dylan Johns: Well, I'm thinking of this door, and what's behind it.
- [Connor approaches the door]
- Dylan Johns: Easy there, fireball, we don't know what's behind there. Watch.
- [splashes the door handle with water and hot steam bursts]
- [A tremendous explosion shakes the ballroom as the leaking gas in the galley explodes]
- Officer: Captain!
- Captain Bradford: That felt like the galley.
- Officer: The gas shut offs must have malfunctioned.
- Captain Bradford: The door seals, will they keep the fire out?
- Officer: Yes, Captain.
- [The Captain incorrectly presumes that Dylan and rest of the group who went with him are dead.]
- Captain Bradford: God rest their souls.
- Dylan Johns: [to Richard, who has Marco Valentin clinging to his leg as they dangle at the entrance to an elevator shaft, with an elevator above them about to fall] Shake him off! Shake him off!
- Richard Nelson: What?
- Marco Valentin: No!
- Dylan Johns: Now, or you both die!
- Marco Valentin: No!
- Richard Nelson: [to Marco] I'm so sorry...
- Dylan Johns: Shake him off! Now!
- Marco Valentin: No! No! No!
- [Richard shakes Marco off, who falls to the bottom of the elevator shaft and is impaled]
- Kurt Russell - Robert Ramsey
- Josh Lucas - Dylan Johns
- Richard Dreyfuss - Richard Nelson
- Jacinda Barrett - Maggie James
- Emmy Rossum - Jennifer Ramsey
- Mike Vogel - Christian Sanders
- Mia Maestro - Elena Morales
- Kevin Dillon - Lucky Larry
- Freddy Rodriguez - Marco Valentin
- Jimmy Bennett - Conor James
- Stacy Ferguson - Gloria
- Andre Braugher - Captain Michael Bradford
- Kirk B. R. Woller - Chief Officer Reynolds
- Gabriel Jarret - First Officer Chapman