Planet of the Apes (2001 film)
2001 science fiction film directed by Tim Burton
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- This one looked at me.
- Living with your daughter, Senator, would age any ape quickly.
- The humans infest the provinces. They breed too quickly while we grow too soft in our affluence. Even now, they outnumber us, four to one.
- Extremism in defense of apes is no vice, Senator. Your ideas threaten our prosperity. The human problem cannot be solved by simply throwing money at it.
- Everything in the human culture takes place below the waist.
- Is there a soul in there?
- So you want to be human? Then wear their mark!
- Take your stinking hands off me, you damn dirty human!!
- Note: This is a reference to a similar popular quote form the 1968 movie with the same name.
- We give thanks to you, Semos, for the fruit of the land. Bless us, holy father, who created all apes in his image. Hasten the day when you will return and bring peace to your children. Amen.
- The Senator's daughter flirts with blasphemy.
- These humans are different. They travel with apes.
- Everything I have believed is a lie! You and your family have betrayed us! I won't help you anymore.
- It's disgusting the way we treat humans. Demeans us as much as them.
- Apes! Monkeys are further down the evolutionary ladder... just above humans.
- The cost would be prohibitive... although our scientists do tell me these humans carry terrible diseases.
- The government tried that once, and all we got for it was a welfare state that nearly bankrupted us.
- Next you'll be telling us these beasts have a soul.
Lt. Gen. Karl VasichEdit
- We were searching for a pilot lost in an electromagnetic storm. When we got too close, our guidance systems went haywire. We haven't had any communications since we crash-landed. This planet is... uncharted and uninhabited. We're trying to make the best of it. The apes we brought along have been very helpful. They are a lot stronger... and a lot smarter than we ever imagined.
Lt. Col. Grace AlexanderEdit
- The others have fled with the children into the mountains. The apes are out of control. One male named Semos, who I raised myself, has taken over the group. He is extremely brutal, violent and very dangerous. We have weapons, but I don't know how much longer we'll last. Maybe I saw the truth when they were young, and I wouldn't admit it! We taught them all too well. They were good students and– [sounds of very loud ape noises, followed by a scream]
- Lt. Gen. Karl Vasich: Delta Pod, your flight is not authorized!
- Capt. Leo Davidson: I'm going to get my chimp.
- Vasich: You bring that thing back here now! Return to base!
- Davidson: Never send a monkey to do a man's job.
- Well, the other thing I've learned is that when you deal with a studio and it's their asset... it's their asset. And I should have learned that lesson with Planet of the Apes because I had a great... great idea with Planet of the Apes, but it was Fox's asset. Even though I was supposedly developing it we didn't see eye to eye and they sort of picked up their marbles and that was that. They turned out, I think, possibly the most egregious film that they could have on that subject because they miscast the director. It's the only Tim Burton film that I don't like.