|This People article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- The world belongs to women.
In other words, to death.
But everyone lies about it.
- Women (1990), tr. of Femmes (1983)
- Stop being astounded by the realization that sex is the object of such misunderstanding and of such automatic clumsiness that it implies either a universal loathing or a universal veneration (which are much the same thing).
- Watteau in Venice (1994), tr. by Alberto Manguel of La Fête à Venise (1991)
- Nombres est écrit avant mai 1968, coïncidence improbable mais profonde.
- an interview for The Journal of Advanced Rhetoric (2018)