American businessman, founder of Second Life
|This article about a person or group of people is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- It's a bit like The Matrix... We provide the land, and the community builds the actual world, which gives everyone a huge sense of being pioneers in a great experiment.
- In: Marco R. della Cava, "Utopia goes digital," USA TODAY, 8/21/2005
- I started doing electronics when I was a little kid, in the 5th or 6th grade, buying computer parts at a swap meet and writing my first programs. Simple things just blew my mind with respect to the sort of infinite simulation or combinatorial possibility inside the computer. My personal obsession from my childhood was that I just wanted to recreate reality inside the computer and then go in there.
- In: Peter Diamandis. "Second Life: How a Virtual World Became a Reality," at huffingtonpost.com, 03/07/2013.
- I think the magic of Silicon Valley is not in fostering risk-taking, but instead in making it safe to work on risky things.
- Interview published in SingularityHub.com. June 15, 2015.