English playwright and screenwriter
See also the 1984 film version of Amadeus.
|This article on an author is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- The men climb the Andes.
- The Royal Heart of the Sun, Act I, sc. viii. (1964).
- Sometimes misquoted as "They cross the Andes".
- Rehearsing a play is making the word flesh. Publishing a play is reversing the process.
- Equus (Harmondsworth: Penguin,  1984), p. 8.
- Tragedy obviously does not lie in a conflict of Right and Wrong, but in a collision between two different kinds of Right...
- Equus (Longman,  1993), p. 11
- Conferː "Tragedy, for me, is not a conflict between right and wrong, but between two different kinds of right."
- Interviewed by Mike Wood for the William Inge Center for the Arts.