public presentation of a performing arts work, a play, concert, or other form of entertainment
(Redirected from Performs)
Quotes about performance.
- See also: performance art
- "For me, the most important thing is the element of chance that is built into a live performance. The very great drawback of recorded sound is the fact that it is always the same. No matter how wonderful a recording is, I know that I couldn't live with it -- even of my own music -- with the same nuances forever."
- "I hope my recordings of my own works won't inhibit other people's performances. The brutal fact is that one doesn't always get the exact tempo one wants, although one improves with experience."
- "Performance has remained the ideal locus of rock authenticity long after it has ceased to be the real origin of rock music."
- David R. Shumway (1999). "Performance". Key Terms in Popular Music and Culture. Malden, Massachusetts. ISBN 0631212639.