Peggy Sue Got Married
1986 film by Francis Ford Coppola
- Directed by Francis Ford Coppola. Written by Jerry Leichtling and Arlene Sarner.
Knowing what you know now, what would you do differently? taglines
Peggy Sue BodellEdit
- Charlie, it's like there's this window into my heart and you can open and crawl in whenever you want. Well, I've got to close it or nothing is ever going to change.
- Well, what's the point of being a teenager if you can't dress weird?
- Evelyn Kelcher: Peggy, I don't mean to be intrusive, but are you having problems with Charlie?
- Peggy Sue: A lot of things are confusing right now, Charlie is just one of them.
- Evelyn Kelcher: Is Charlie pressuring you into doing things you don't think you should be doing?
- Peggy Sue: What do you mean?
- Evelyn Kelcher: Peggy, you know what a penis is? Stay away from it!
- Peggy Sue: I am a grown woman with a life time of experience that you can't understand.
- Charlie Bodell: Yeah, girls mature faster than guys.
- Michael Fitzsimmons: So are you going to marry Mr. Blue Impala and graze around with all the other sheep for the rest of your life?
- Peggy Sue: No... I already did that.
- Michael Fitzsimmons: But we had heat, baby. Passion! Fire! We owe it to ourselves to fuse together, at least one more time.
- Peggy Sue: Oh, that's a good line. You are gonna be a terrific writer.
- Michael Fitzsimmons: You thinks so?
- Peggy Sue: Yeah.
- Peggy Sue: We had one glorious night together, someday you'll remember and write about it.
- Michael Fitzsimmons: Yeah, I can dig that. Bittersweet perfection. Dogs of lust on leashes of memory.
- Evelyn Kelcher: What's the matter, have you and Charlie had a fight?
- Peggy Sue: Yes.
- Evelyn Kelcher: What about?
- Peggy Sue: House payments.
- Peggy Sue: Then you think time travel is possible for people?
- Richard Norvik: Yes. It's absolutely possible for people, for dogs, for cancan girls.
- Peggy Sue: Oh, then I'm not crazy.
- Richard Norvik: Well, I really don't know if you're crazy. I know most people think I am.
- Richard Norvik: [about time travel] I would be very careful about this if I were you. What if you fall into the hands of some madman with plans to manipulate your brain?
- Peggy Sue: Well, that's why I was getting a divorce!
- Peggy Sue: It's funny. It's really funny. You bought an Edsel.
- Jack Kelcher: Young lady, what's the matter with you? Are you drunk?
- Peggy Sue: Uh, just a little. I had a tough day.
- Peggy Sue: Grandpa, if you had a chance to go back and do it all differently, what would you have changed?
- Barney Alvorg: Well, I would have taken better care of my teeth.
- Knowing what you know now, what would you do differently?
- Knowing what you know now, what would you do differently? Peggy Sue is going back with the chance to change her destiny.
- She awoke in the past with a chance to rebuild her future.
- A film about love and life and the chance to change them both.
- Kathleen Turner - Peggy Sue Bodell
- Nicolas Cage - Charlie Bodell
- Barry Miller - Richard Norvik
- Catherine Hicks - Carol Heath
- Joan Allen - Maddy Nagle
- Kevin J. O'Connor - Michael Fitzsimmons
- Jim Carrey - Walter Getz
- Lisa Jane Persky - Delores Dodge
- Lucinda Jenney - Rosalie Testa
- Wil Shriner - Arthur Nagle
- Barbara Harris - Evelyn Kelcher
- Don Murray - Jack Kelcher
- Sofia Coppola - Nancy Kelcher
- Maureen O'Sullivan - Elizabeth Alvorg
- Leon Ames - Barney Alvorg
- Helen Hunt - Beth Bodell
- Glenn Withrow - Terry