Paul Rodriguez (actor)
American comedian and actor (born 1955)
Paul Rodriguez, Sr. (born January 19, 1955) is a Mexican-American stand-up comedian and actor.
- Miami is more cosmopolitan. That is to say, it has a larger variety of Hispanics and they definitely have a different point of view, they're more conservative. They don't agree on a lot of issues with the rest of the Latino nation. But it's fine. My stuff has never been political, really. The older I get, the more I find comedy in minutia, the things we have in common, more family oriented stuff.
- On performing for audiences in Miami and finding commonalities in “Comedian Paul Rodriguez on Working With Cheech Marin and His Pro Skateboarding Son” in Miami New Times (2015 Dec 16)
- I'm not so sure it's a good thing if we're not prepared, you know. I'm just concerned because of the...we're already the majority that's in jail, you know. We're the majority in certain things that I'm not proud of. We've got to get our ducats in line, we gotta be educated, and we've gotta make up our mind, you know, we gotta sure our loyalties aren't too south of the border, that's a mess down there with all the narcos.
- On if Latinos are truly ready to be the majority in “Comedian Paul Rodriguez on Immigration Reform, His Skateboarding Son, and How Latinos Have Reacted to 50 Shades of Grey” in Phoenix New Times (2013 May 24)
- The truth is I never should have gotten involved…I'm not heartless. In spite of what they say, I'm not a vendido (sellout). I'm not trying to be a coconut. Is it being a vendido to want the best for your people and to speak your mind?
- On endorsing Mitt Romney during the 2012 presidential election in “Comic Paul Rodriguez: 'I'm not a vendido (sellout)'” in azcentral.com (2016 Apr 18)