Owen Wister (July 14, 1860 – July 21, 1938) was an American writer and "father" of western fiction.
- When you call me that, smile!
- The Virginian (1902), pp. 29–30. Reported in Respectfully Quoted: A Dictionary of Quotations (1989), as presumably the forerunner of "Smile when you say that, partner".
- When yu’ can’t have what you choose, yu’ just choose what you have.
- The Virginian (1902), chapter 13, p. 149.
- An aristocrat in morals as in mind.
- About Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr., in Roosevelt: The Story of a Friendship (1930), p. 130.
- Encyclopedic article on Owen Wister on Wikipedia
- Media related to Owen Wister on Wikimedia Commons
- Works related to Author:Owen Wister on Wikisource