in philosophy, condition of putting characteristics in contrast to another
(Redirected from Opposes)
Quotes about opposition
|This theme article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- He that wrestles with us strengthens our nerves, and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
- Edmund Burke (1729-1797), Reflections on the Revolution in France.
- The Duty of an Opposition is to oppose.
- Randolph Churchill, reported in Hoyt's New Cyclopedia Of Practical Quotations (1922)
- No government can be long secure without a formidable opposition.
- Benjamin Disraeli, Coningsby, Bk. II, ch i.