A sequel to the game called Open Season 2 was made for many platforms (just like the original game) and was released on October 13, 2008.
- I ain't nobody's pet!
- Shut up, you little one-horned freak!
- [Introducing himself to Elliot, who is strapped to Shaw's truck] My name's Boog.
When being left alone with Elliot:
- "You got a grizzly on your side."
- "You'll be all right, as long as the Boogster's around."
While in Boog's arm:
- "Thanks for the lift, buddy!"
- "Boog, you're comfy."
- "[Sniffs] Mmm. What kind of conditioner do you use?"
- "This sure beats walking!"
- "Do I get frequent bear miles for this?"
- "Boog, do you think I talk too much?"
- "Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"
- "Can we get a drive-through?"
While in the air:
- "WAIT, I WASN'T READYYYY!!"
- "I CAN FLY!"
- "BLAST OOOOOFF!"
- "Wheee! Ha ha!"
- "I'm a butterfly!"
- "WHAT'S GOIN' OOOOOOON?!?!?'
- "OUT OF THE WAAAAY!!"
- "Uh-oh! GRAVITY!"
After hitting the ground:
- "Who put that there?!"
- "Walk it off. Walk it off!"
- "Why is the ground so hard?"
- "No pain, no gain."
- "I think I'm gettin' good at this."
- "I need to work on my landing."
- "Belly flop!"
- "My pancreas!"
While taunting the hunters:
- "Oh, venison! Come get it!"
- "What do I have to do?! Paint a target on my butt?!"
- "Your mother was a monkey!"
- "Ah, your best friend's a labrador!"
- "Hey, hunter! Watch this!"
- "Yoo-hoo! Stupid human hunter!"
- "Nyah nyah-nyah nyah nyah!"
- "Ooooh! Hoo-hoo hoo-hoo-hoo-hoo!"
- "Hee-hee! Hoo-hoo! Ooh hee-hee-hee-hoo!"
While looking for the Quack Simulator:
- "Right! All I've gotta do is find the duck call! Can't be that hard, can it?"
- "So, where's this hunter with the duck call?"
- "I'm a deer, [Whispers] on a mission!"
- "Aw, how come Boog's never around when I think of a good joke?!"
- "He walks like a duck. He talks like a duck. Where's the hunter with the duck call? Hmm. I'm confused."
- "See you in a few!"
When running up to Boog:
- "Okie dokie!"
- "What's up, partner?"
- "Sure thing, Boog!"
- "Ya need somethin'?"
- "I'm right here!"
When being left alone for a long time:
- "'Boog.' Ehh... I mean, uh... what was that ranger thinkin'? 'E-- Elliot;' now that's a name! 'Boog,' tha-- that's just plain weird."
- "What a memorable moment!"
- Come over here, you big lug!
- Now hop in the back and let's get going!
- Don't worry about him, Boog. He can't do anything to you, as long as you're safe under my roof.
- Boog! BOOG! Come on! Wake up!
- Morning, sleepyhead! Time to get up!
- All aboard!
- Would you look at that! Open season doesn't start for 3 days, but Shaw's already killed a deer! UGH! That guy really chaps my khakis! You wait here, Boog! I'm gonna go give 'im a piece of my mind!
- I saw you untie my deer! You made an enemy today, bear! I'm gonna get you someday! Understand?
- But that bear leaned over and untied my buck! Didn't you see that?!
- Say good night, Goldilocks!
- What do we have here? You're mine now, bear!
- This is your first time in the forest, bear! And it's also gonna be your last! 'Cause when I'm done stuffin' your friends, I'll be enjoyin' my warm and cozy bear rug! Next to my fireplace! Now make like an animal and stand still so I can shoot ya good!
- Enjoy the comfort, bear! You'll have to go back in nature someday, and when that day comes, I'll be there, waiting!