Only the Lonely (film)
1991 film by Chris Columbus
Daniel "Danny" MuldoonEdit
- [repeated line] Sometimes it's good to be a cop.
- Rose: Oh, that's a lovely dress you wearing.
- Danny: Isn't it?
- Theresa: Oh, thank you!
- Rose: Even though it is a little big on top.
- Danny: Ma!
- Rose: Well, it is, you said so yourself.
- Danny: Ma!
- Theresa: No, no that's a problem I have, I'm not really that endowed on top.
- Danny: No, no, no, no, no.
- Rose: You're built like a thirteen year old boy.
- Rose: I had a Polack friend once. She was incredibly stupid...
- Danny: Don't do this, Ma.
- Rose: ...Julie Kapowski. She was the stupidest woman that I ever knew. She believed that black cows... [laughs] ...black cows squirted chocolate milk!
- Danny: [Danny has just scored a date with Theresa and runs into some funeral attendees] Yeah! Oh... sorry... but I just got lucky in there with a girl. [funeral attendees look shocked] Not in that way... she does everybody in there... not in that way. But she probably did that guy there... I gotta go.
- Nick Acropolis: Rose! Rose, I am trying again. Will you please accept these flowers?
- Rose: I don't want them. And I don't date Greeks.
- Nick Acropolis: You know, you and I could make each other so happy. Greek men are great lovers.
- Rose: And Greek men never bathe.
- Nick Acropolis: I bathe twice a day! Three times! When I do my sit-ups. Feel that stomach. Hard like an eighteen-year-old's. Come on, feel it!
- Rose: I'm not feeling anything of yours.
- Doyle: If I'd gotten married, I wouldn't be where I am now.
- Spats: In a tavern?
- Doyle: Free! Living like a king!
- Spats: You live at the Y.
- Danny: I'll pick you up at seven. Where do you live?
- Theresa: Here.
- Danny: With the stiffs?
- Theresa: Um, my father and I have an apartment upstairs.
- Danny: Oh! Yeah, sure! That's uh... convenient.