On Her Majesty's Secret Service (film)
1969 James Bond film by Peter R. Hunt
On Her Majesty's Secret Service is a 1969 film in the James Bond series. Agent Bond woos a mob boss's daughter and goes undercover to uncover the true reason for Blofeld's allergy research in the Swiss Alps that involves beautiful women from around the world.
- Directed by Peter R. Hunt. Written by Richard Maibaum, based on the novel by Ian Fleming.
James Bond 007 is back!
- This never happened to the other fellow.
- [After Tracy has been shot and killed; to a police officer responding to them] It's... It's all right. It's quite all right, really. She's having a rest. We'll be going on soon. [choking up] There's no hurry, you see. We have all the time in the world.
- Tracy: Why do you persist in rescuing me, Mr. Bond?
- Bond: It's becoming quite a habit, isn't it, Contessa Teresa?
- Tracy: Teresa was a Saint; I'm known as Tracy.
- Bond: Well, Tracy, next time play it safe and stand on 5.
- Tracy: People who want to stay alive play it safe.
- Bond: Please, stay alive! At least for tonight.
- Draco: My apologies for the way you were brought here. I wasn't sure you'd accept a formal invitation.
- Bond: There's always something formal about the point of a pistol.
- [Bond throws a knife and hits a calendar on a bookshelf, on the 14th day]
- Draco: But today is the thirteenth, Commander.
- Bond: I'm superstitious.
- Draco: May I introduce my daughter, Teresa.
- Bond: Contessa..!
- Tracy: Mr. Bond and I have already met.
- Bond: But each time is a renewed pleasure. Madame always makes one feel so welcome!
- [Tracy leaves]
- Draco: She likes you! I can see it.
- Bond: You must give me the name of your oculist.
- Bond: [about Tracy] I find her fascinating. But she needs a psychiatrist, not me.
- Draco: What she needs is a man... to dominate her! To make love to her enough to make her love him! A man like you!
- Blofeld: Merry Christmas, 007.
- Bond: I'm Sir Hillary Bray.
- Blofeld: No no no, Mr. Bond. Respectable baronets from the College of Heralds do not seduce female patients in clinics. On the other hand, they do get their professional details... right. The De Bleauchamps tombs are not in the Augsburg Cathedral as you said, but in the Ste. Anna Kirch. Sir Hillary Bray would have known! A small slip. It takes more than a few props to turn 007 into a Herald. [snaps Bond's disguise spectacles in half]
- Bond: [normal voice] It'll take more than cutting off your earlobes, Blofeld, to turn you into a Count.
- Blofeld: I may yet surprise you. But I'm afraid you have no more surprises left for me. I know all about your mission, Mr. Bond. [throws Bond's contact's climbing equipment to the ground] Your colleague! Such a keen climber, and a brilliant conversationalist... before he left us.
- Bond: You realize that he reported where I am.
- Blofeld: Oh, I doubt that. In any case, no one is coming to your rescue, Mr. Bond. In a few short hours, the United Nations will receive a Yuletide greeting. The information that I now possess the scientific means to control... or to destroy, the economy of the whole world. People will have more important things to think about than you.
- Bond: If they believe your threat.
- Blofeld: [chuckles, sits] Oh, they will. In any case, I have prepared a demonstration. Remember that... disagreeable outbreak of foot-and-mouth disease in England, last summer? [lights a cigarette] Well, I shall instruct them, in very convincing terms, exactly how I arranged that. And my capacity has improved, since.
- Bond: Allergy vaccines? [pause] Bacteria. Bacteriological warfare.
- Blofeld: With a difference. Our great breakthrough since last summer has been the confection of a certain "Virus Omega".
- Bond: ...Infertility.
- Blofeld: Total infertility, in plants and animals. Not just disease in a few herds, Mr Bond, or a single crop... but the destruction of a whole strain, forever, throughout an entire continent. If my demands are not met, I shall proceed with the systematic extinction of whole species of cereals and livestock all over the world.
- Bond: Including, I suppose, the human race?
- Blofeld: [smirks] I don't think, do you, Mr. Bond, that the United Nations will let it come to that? Not after their scientists analyze a small sample of Virus Omega they have received.
- Bond: Epidemics of sterility. Nothing is born, no seed even begins to sprout. [pause] They'll find an antidote.
- Blofeld: Of course! If I give them enough time. [stands]
- Bond: They'll have time. Once they're warned, you'll have a problem dispensing the stuff.
- Blofeld: That problem has already been solved. I have been training my own special... "Angels of Death."
- Bond: Those girls.
- Blofeld: Those girls. And many others like them.
- Bond: But, exactly how?
- Blofeld: Mm. [drags on his cigarette]... That will remain my secret.
- Bond: [smirks] And how many hundred millions do you want for your services this time, Blofeld?
- Blofeld: "This time?" [chuckles] This time, the price is of another kind. You'll be even more amused when you know what. In the meanwhile, I will keep you here as my guest. You'll be very useful in helping to convince the authorities... that I mean what I say. And I'll do what I claim.
- [M refuses to authorize an attack on Blofeld]
- Bond: And the girl who helped me escape? We just leave her there?
- M: This department is not concerned with your personal problems.
- Bond: This department owes her a debt. She saved my life.
- M: Operation Bedlam is DEAD! Do you understand, 007?
- Bond: Yes, Sir. I understand.
- Blofeld: Now, if you're very, very nice to me. I could make you my Countess.
- Tracy: But I'm already a Countess.
- Blofeld: Whereas if you displease me, I can promise you a very different estate.
- Q: [wishing Bond luck on his wedding day] Look, James, I know that we haven't always exactly seen... well, anyway, don't forget, if there's anything you ever need...
- Bond: Thank you, Q, but this time I've got the gadgets and I know how to use them.
- George Lazenby - James Bond
- Diana Rigg - Tracy Di Vicenzo
- Telly Savalas - Ernst Stavro Blofeld
- Gabriele Ferzetti - Marc Ange Draco
- Ilse Steppat - Irma Bunt (final film role)
- Angela Scoular - Ruby Bartlett
- Lois Maxwell - Miss Moneypenny
- Catherine Schell - Nancy
- George Baker - Sir Hilary Bray
- Bernard Lee - M
- Bernard Horsfall - Campbell
- Desmond Llewelyn - Q
- Far Up! Far Out! Far More! James Bond 007 Is Back!
- On Her Majesty's Secret Service at IMDb