thing sensed by smell
An odor, or odour, is caused by one or more volatilized chemical compounds that are generally found in low concentrations that humans and animals can perceive by their sense of smell. An odor is also called a "smell" or a "scent", which can refer to either a pleasant or an unpleasant odor.
|This article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- We have an easy time thinking of animals as animals in part because they smell like animals. But what are you supposed to think when you find a group of humans who smell no better than cows, even worse? It reminds you that humans are animals, with the ability to stink like pigs, and kill like the wolves.
- Peter Maas, Love Thy Neighbor: A Story of War (1997), p. 3
- There is nothing like an odor to stir memories.
- William McFee, The Market from Modern Essays (1921) edited by Christopher Morley.
- Encyclopedic article on Odor on Wikipedia