1922 film directed by F. W. Murnau
- Directed by F. W. Murnau. Written by Henrik Galeen, an unauthorized adaptation of Bram Stoker's Dracula.
Count Orlok edit
- You have hurt yourself... your precious blood!
- Let us chat together a moment, my friend! There are still several hours until dawn, and I have the whole day to sleep.
- Is this your wife? What a lovely throat!
- Of course, it will cost you some effort... a little sweat and... perhaps... a little blood.
- Blood is life ! Blood is life!
- Go quickly, travel safely, my young friend, to the land of ghosts.
Professor Bulwer edit
- Astonishing, isn't it, gentlemen? That plant is the vampire of the vegetable kingdom.
- We will go no further, sir. Not for a fortune!
- We will go no further. Here begins the land of phantoms.
Thomas Hutter edit
- [In the letter...] After my first night in this castle, I found two large bites on my neck. From mosquitoes? From spiders? I don't know...
The Narrator edit
- As the sun rose, Harker felt himself freed from the oppressions of the night.
- Title Card: Nosferatu. Does this word not sound like the midnight call of the Bird of Death? Do not utter it, or the images of life will fade - into pale shadows and ghostly dreams will rise from your heart and feed your Blood.
- A thrilling mystery masterpiece - a chilling psycho-drama of blood-lust.
- Nosferatu drinks the blood of the young... ...the blood necessary to his own existence.
- Max Schreck - Count Orlok
- Gustav von Wangenheim - Thomas Hutter
- Greta Schröder - Ellen Hutter
- Alexander Granach - Knock
- Georg H. Schnell - Shipowner Harding
- Ruth Landshoff - Ruth
- John Gottowt - Professor Bulwer
- Gustav Botz - Professor Sievers
- Max Nemetz - The Captain of The Empusa
- Wolfgang Heinz - First Mate of The Empusa
- Guido Herzfeld - Innkeeper
- Karl Etlinger - Student with Bulwer
- Fanny Schreck - Hospital Nurse