North Carolina is a state in the southeastern region of the United States. It borders South Carolina and Georgia to the south, Tennessee to the west, Virginia to the north, and the Atlantic Ocean to the east. North Carolina is the 28th most extensive and the 9th most populous of the U.S. states.
- North Carolina, come on and raise up! Take your shirt off; twist it around your head. Spin it like a helicopter!
- Maybe teen marriage is all the rage in Hicksville, North Carolina, but I swear if you marry this boy I'm gonna have annulment papers drawn up so fast...
- Terrence Coli, "I Forgot to Remember to Forget", One Tree Hill (29 January 2008), character of Victoria
- While North Carolina has the honor of first authorizing its delegates to concur with other Colonies in declaring independence, it was quickly followed by South Carolina and Georgia, which also gave general instructions broad enough to include such action. But the first instructions which unconditionally directed its delegates to declare for independence came from the great Commonwealth of Virginia. These were immediately followed by Rhode Island and Massachusetts, while the other Colonies, with the exception of New York, soon adopted a like course.
- “That will not happen all at once. You will see waves of customers coming on. A few thousand at a time
- Duke Energy spokesperson Jeff Brooks Power may be back for thousands on Wednesday night as authorities continue to go through tips on electric substation attack (By Steve Almasy, Jason Hanna and Amanda Musa, CNN Updated 7:01 AM EST, Wed December 7, 2022)
- One of the things I did in North Carolina in the seventies was to battle with the Klan because the Ku Klux Klan really controlled this state. I was telling some people during dinner that I can remember when there were big billboards of the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan welcoming visitors to the various cities and towns of North Carolina. And members of the Klan appeared publicly in their garb.
- Angela Davis Freedom Is a Constant Struggle: Ferguson, Palestine, and the Foundations of a Movement (2015)
- North Carolina is a valley of humility between two mountains of conceit.
- Author unknown; reported in Respectfully Quoted: A Dictionary of Quotations (1989), citing a discussion of its origin and correct wording ("humility," not "humiliation" as given by Mencken in his New Dictionary of Quotations …), and editorial comments by Henry Wiseman Kendall in the Greensboro (North Carolina) Daily News (26 August 1962), p. B4
- Encyclopedic article on North Carolina on Wikipedia