Noel Gallagher (born May 29, 1967) is an English musician, singer, and songwriter, known as former lead songwriter, guitarist and sometime lead-singer with the British rock band Oasis. He left the band in August 2009, thus leading to the group's dissolution. His brother Liam Gallagher was also in Oasis.
Controversy with other artistsEdit
- I hate that Alex and Damon. I hope they catch AIDS and die.
- Kylie Minogue is just a demonic little idiot as far as I'm concerned. She gets cool dance producers to work with her for some bizarre reason, I don't know why. She doesn't even have a good name. It's a stupid name, Kylie, I just don't get it
- Noel Gallagher cited in "Kylie 'demonic', says Oasis star", at news.bbc.co.uk, 27 June, 2002
- There is a limited supply of excellent songs, but I am not the only one. Paul McCartney, one of the best songwriters of all time, has only produced manure for the past 25 years. Rock musicians over 30 only produce unimportant material.
- I don't know, I think he's just going senile, isn't he?
- He's now trying to make social comment, this is the guy who hid who he actually was from the public for 20 years. Now, all of a sudden, he's got something to say about the way of the world. I find it laughable. That's even before you get to the song, which is diabolical.
- Jack White, right, has just done a song for Coca-Cola. End of. He ceases to be in the club. And he looks like Zorro on doughnuts. He's supposed to be the poster boy for the alternative way of thinking... I'm not having that, that's fucking wrong. Particularly Coca-Cola, it's like doing a fucking gig for McDonald's."
- Noel Gallagher cited in "Gallagher Slams White's Coca-Cola Connection" at contactmusic.com, 8 December 2005: Remarks on Jack White's song for a new Coca-Cola commercial.
- If there were gold medals for taking drugs for England then I’d have won a shitload! I did enjoy it but it kind of got to the point where I’d done them all and that was it, there was none left and I just thought 'Can’t be arsed any more.’
- Noel Gallagher cited in "Gallagher speaks about drug experiences" at digitalspy.com, 25 November 2006
- "Another reason to vote Labour is if you ******g don't and the Conservatives get in, Phil Collins is threatening to come back and live here, and let's face it none of us want that."
- "Do I think we should leave [the EU]? I don't think we should be given a vote. I see politicians on TV every night telling us that this is a fucking momentous decision that could fucking change Britain forever and blah, blah, blah. It's like, okay, why don't you fucking do what we pay you to do which is run the fucking country and make your fucking mind up. What are you asking the people for? 99 percent of the people are thick as pig shit. They didn't fucking ask us for a referendum when they were going off to war, did they? No, fucking assholes."
- "Twitter is the playground of fucking idiots .... quite literally I’d put the pair of them [Donald Trump and Liam Gallagher] in a driverless car each so they crash into each other."
Definitely Maybe (1994)Edit
- I live my life in the city / There's no easy way out / The day's moving just too fast for me"
I live my life for the stars that shine/People say it's just a waste of time.
In my mind my dreams are real
You're not down with who I am / look at you now, you're all in my hands tonight"
- "Maybe you're the same as me / We see things they'll never see / You and I are gonna live forever.
- Tell me how high / Do you think you'll go / Before you start falling?"
The people here / They don't hear you calling
How does it feel / When you're inside me?"
- There we were / Now here we are / All this confusion / Nothing's the same to me
I can't tell you the way I feel / because the way I feel is also new to me"
- I need to be myself / I can't be no-one else
"You can have it all but how much do you want it?"
- You're the outcast / You're the underclass / But you don't care / Because you're living fast
You're the uninvited guest that stays to the end.
I'll be scraping your life from the sole of my shoe tonight" Bring It On Down
- These could be the best days of our lives / but I don't think we've been living very wise."
- I was looking for some action / but all I found was cigarettes and alcohol
Is it worth the aggravation to find yourself a job when there's nothing worth working for?
You might as well do the white line"
- I dream of you / And all the things you say / I wonder where you are now
I need you now / You've knocked me off my feet
We talk of going old / But you say "Please don't
Let me be the one / Who shines with you / In the morning / We don't know what to do"
- I hate the way that you are so sarcastic, and you're not very bright. You think that everything you've done's fantastic, your music's shite it keeps me up all night.
And it will be nice to be alone, for a week or two, but I know then I will be right, right back here with you"
- You've got to say what you say / Don't let anybody get in your way"
- I don't believe that anybody / Feels the way I do / About you now
All the roads that lead you there are winding / And all the lights that light the way are blinding
There are many things that I would like to say to you / But I don't know how.
Maybe / You're gonna be the one that saves me"
- Slip inside the eye of your mind / don't you know you might find / A better place to play
So I'll start a revolution from my bed / Because you said the brains I had went to my head.
Please don't put you're life in the hands / Of a rock 'n' roll band / Who'll throw it all away"
- I took a walk with my fame down memory lane / I never did find my way back"
Feel no shame / 'coz time's no chain"
- Some might say that sunshine follows thunder / Go and tell it to the man who cannot shine / Some might say that we should never ponder / On our thoughts today 'cos they hold sway over time
Some might say / We will find a brighter day
Some might say they don't believe in heaven / Go and tell it to the man who lives in hell" *
- Here's a thought for every man who's tried to understand what's in his hands
Bound with all the weight of all the words he tried to say / Chained to all the places that he never wished to stay / As he faced the sun, he cast no shadow.
As they took his soul they stole his pride"
- All your dreams are made / When you're chained to the mirror and the razor blade"
- She's got a sister / God only knows how I missed her / And on the palm of her hand is a blister
She's got a brother / We don't get on with one another / But I quite fancy her mother / And I think that she likes me
She's got one in the oven / But it's nothing to do with me"
- How many special people change? / How many lives are living strange? / Where were you while we were getting high?
People believe that they're gonna get away for the summer/ But you and I/ We live and die/ The world still spins around we don't know why.
Someday you will find me, caught beneath the landslide / In a champagne supernova in the sky."
Be Here Now (1997)Edit
- I met my maker / I made him cry / And on my shoulder / He asked me why / His people won't fly / Through the storm / I said listen up man, they don't even know you're born
All my people / Right here, right now / D'you know what I mean?
Coming in a mess / Going out in style / I ain't good looking / But I'm someone's child
No one can give me the air that's mine to breathe"
- Round this town you've ceased to be / That's what you get for sleeping with the enemy
Guess who's gonna take the blame for my big mouth
Into my big mouth / You could fly a plane"
- My Big Mouth
- I'll have my way, in my own time / I'll have my say, my star will shine.
- Magic Pie
- Made a meal and threw it up on Sunday / I've got a lot of things to learn
What's the matter with you? / Sing me something new
The cold and wind and rain don't know / They only seem to come, and go away
Stand by me / Nobody knows the way it's going to be
There is one thing I can never give you / My heart will never be your home"
- The future's mine and it's no disgrace, cos in the end the past means nothing.
I feel a little down today, and I ain't got much to say
And if I stumble, catch me when I fall / 'Cause, baby, after all / You'll never forget my name.
- I Hope, I Think, I Know
- Would you maybe / Come dancing with me / 'Cos to me it doesn't matter if your hopes and dreams are shattered"
- The Girl In The Dirty Shirt
- And I want to be there when you're coming down / And I want to be there when you hit the ground
Don't go away / Say what you say / Say that you'll stay... because I need more time just to make things right
Damn my education / I can't find the words to say
Me and you, what's going on?/All we seem to know/Is how to show, the feelings that are wrong
- Maybe the songs that we sing are wrong / Maybe the dreams that we dream are gone / So bring it on home and it won't be long / It's gettin' better man!
- It's Getting Better (Man!
- It's a bit early in the midnight hour for me / To go through all the things that I want to be
Take me away / 'Cos I just don't want to stay / And the lies you make me say / Are getting deeper every day
If you're lost at sea / Well I hope that you drownd"
Please don't cry / Never say die
- Is it any wonder why Princes & Kings / Are clowns that caper in their sawdust rings / When ordinary people who are like you and me / Are the builders of their destiny.
- Thank you for the sun / The one that shines on everyone / Who feels love.
- What tongueless ghost of sin crept through my curtains?.
My family don't seem so familiar / And my enemies all know my name.
You better get on your knees and pray / Panic is on the way
My eyes are dead / My throat's like a black hole / And if there's a God / Would he give another chancer / An hour to sing for his soul?"
- You know that feeling you get / You feel you're older than time?
Do you keep the receipts for the friends that you buy?
And I hope you know / That it won't let go / It sticks around with you until the day you die.
I hope the tears don't stain the world that waits outside.
- When yer lonely and you start to hear/The little voices in your head at night/You will only sniff away the tears/So you can dance until the mornings light
And in your head, do you feel what your not supposed to feel?
You need more time / 'Cos your thoughts and words won't last forevermore"
Heathen Chemistry (2002)Edit
- God gave me a soul / And your rock 'n' roll
In and out my brain / And running through my vein / You're my sunshine / You're my rain"
- You look like a faded picture / I see the cracks forming on your skin
For smoking all my stash / For burning all my cash.. It's all over town that the sun's / Going down on the days / Of your easy life"
- Why you scared? / You'll never change what's been and done
All of the stars / Have faded away / Just try not to worry / You'll see them someday / Take what you need / And be on your way / And stop crying your heart out"
- We dream our dream alone with no resistance / Fading like the stars we wish to be
True perfection has to be imperfect
My God woke up on the wrong side of his bed
Little by little / We gave you everything you ever dreamed of / And little by little / the wheels of your life have slowly fallen off" **
Don't Believe the Truth (2005)Edit
- You get your mucky fingers burnt / You get your truth from the lies that you've learnt
Fed up with life in the city / 'Cos all the phonies have blown my mind
It's all mine!"
- I've waited for a thousand years / For you to come and blow me out my mind
The world around us makes me feel so small
If you can't hear me call / Then I can't say, Lyla / Heaven help you catch me if I fall"
- My girlfriend called me the other night / She said 'Boy, you lazy
I don't mind / As long as there's a bed beneath the stars that shine / I'll be fine
I can't get a life if my heart's not in it
I lost my faith in the summertime / 'Cos it don't stop raining
I begged my doctor for one more line / He said 'son, words fail me / It ain't your place to be killing time' / I guess I'm just lazy"
- Suddenly I found that I'd lost my way in this city / The streets and the thousands of faces all bleed into one
I'm having trouble just finding some soul in this town
It's all they can do to be part of the queue
'There'll be no tomorrow' they say / Well I say 'More's the pity'"
Dig Out Your Soul (2008)Edit
- Gold and silver and sunshine is rising up"
- Bag it Up
- I still don't know what I was waiting for / A big love to fall down from the sky
Heaven must have sent you / To save me from the rapture"
- Waiting for the Rapture
- I'm over my heart's desire / I feel cold, but I'm back in the fire
Love is a litany / A magical mystery / And all in good time"
- We live a dying dream / If you know what I mean"
B-sides released by OasisEdit
- I haven't seen your face around since I was a kid / It's bringing back the memories of the things that we did"
- D'Yer Wanna Be A Spaceman?, 1994
- My body feels young but my mind is very old
So what do you say / You can't give me the dreams that are mine anyway / You're half the world away
I've been lost, I've been found / But I don't feel down"
- Half the World Away, 18 December 1994
- When I was young I though I had my own key / I knew exactly what I wanted to be / Now I'm sure / You've boarded up every door
While we're living / The dreams we had as children fade away"
- Fade Away from the The Help Album, 1995
- We need each other / We believe in one another / And I know we're gonna uncover / What's sleeping in our souls"
- Acquiesce, released 24 April 1995
- All your dreams are made of strawberry lemonade / And you make sure I eat today"
- Talk Tonight, released 24 April 1995
- Take the time to make some sense / Of what you want to say / And cast your words away upon the waves
Dance if you wanna dance, please brother take a chance / You know we're gonna go which way we wanna go / All we know is that we don't know how it's gonna be, please brother let it be / Life, on the other hand, won't make you understand / We're all part of the masterplan.
I'm not saying right is wrong / It's up to us to make the best of all the things that come our way
- The Masterplan, released 30 October 1995
- Day by day there's a man in a suit / Who's gonna make you pay
For the thoughts that you think and the words / They won't let you say
I don't believe in magic / Life is automatic
And I don't mind being on my own.
- Listen Up, 1995
- Is anyone here prepared to say / Just what they mean or is it too late / For anyone here to try to do / Just what it takes to get through to you
Let's all make believe / That we're still friends and we like each other
Let's all make believe / That in the end we're gonna need each other
Strangle my hope and make me pray / To a God I've never seen but who I betray"
- Let's All Make Believe, 7 February 2000
- "Phil Collins' Last Stand: Why the Troubled Pop Star Wants to Call It Quits". Rolling Stone. 4 March 2011. Retrieved on 28 January 2018.
- "Noel Gets Political". Manchester Evening News. 30 June 2005. Retrieved on 28 January 2018.
- "Noel Gallagher on the EU Referendum: ‘I don’t think we should be given a vote’". London Evening Standard. 22 June 2016. Retrieved on 28 January 2018.
- "Noel Gallagher: 'F**k Jeremy Corbyn. He’s a Communist'". The Independent. 30 November 2017. Retrieved on 28 January 2018.
- "Noel Gallagher ‘wants to put Liam and Donald Trump in driverless cars so they crash into each other". NME. 28 November 2017. Retrieved on 28 January 2018.