Nine Dead is a 2009 American horror thriller film about nine strangers who are kidnapped by a masked shooter and forced to figure out the connection they have to each other as one has to die every ten minutes.
- Directed by Chris Shadley. Written by Patrick Wehe Mahoney.
- [repeated line] Why are you here?
- Eddie: My name is Eddie Vigoda.
- Sully: Hi, Eddie!
- Eddie: I don't know, maybe that helps? Somebody?
- Jackson: No, Eddie! No. It doesn't.
- [A dying Leon is laughing.]
- Sully: You finding something funny there, bleeding boy?
- Leon: I'm gonna die like the man said, and you guys are gonna die with me. I got 8 minutes to live. And I've been thinking about you bitches. I got to make peace.
- Sully: Look, if you're gonna die a happy man, then I'm gonna die a happy man laughing at your misery!
- Leon: [to shooter] I'll see you in hell.
- Shooter: I know. [shoots Leon]
- Father Francis: You're not going to like what I have to say.
- Eddie: Anything is better than nothing at this point.
- Sully: Either say it or don't.
- Father Francis: I figured out why I am here.
- Leon: Well, holy shit!
- Father Francis: I know why someone else was in this room as well. I know what we have done to the man that holds us captive.
- Jackson: So what is it?
- Sully: Yeah, spill it!
- Father Francis: I can't.
- Jackson: What do you mean, you can't? Come on, Father!
- Father Francis: What was said to me was said in confidence. I can't repeat it.
- Leon: You want to play Pictionary or something? Fine. Me and you, Father, against (Kelley) and Mandarin Duck (Mrs. Chan).
- Father Francis: I can't reveal what was said to me. There's nothing I can do. My relationship with God goes beyond my life and yours.
- Jackson: This is bullshit, Father.
- Sully: You better start talking right now, or so help me, I will goddamn crack that head of yours--
- Father Francis: You'll do what? I'm facing death already. I have no fear of death when it comes to upholding the Lord's law. My loyalty will not be questioned. My devotion does not exist only when the situation deems convenient.
- Sully: People are dead because of you.
- Father Francis: You don't know that to be true.
- Sully: The hell I don't, cocksucker! Leon laid there dying, but at least he had the balls to speak his mind, even though it went against his own fucked-up judgment. And now you're going to have all of us die because you're gonna keep quiet behind some collar and dusty oath?
- Father Francis: Sully, would you turn in your brother for a lighter sentence?
- Sully: My brother's dead.
- Father Francis: So then your father? Would you give up your father to save your own skin?
- Sully: I would never cross my father.
- Father Francis: So then you can understand my situation.
- Sully: No, I can't!
- Eddie: It's like waking up from one nightmare into another.
- Every ten minutes one must die!
- It doesn't have to end this way.