Ngô Thanh Vân
Vietnamese singer and actress
- I grew up in Norway, learned English there. I'm very grateful because that experience made me who I am today. It made me more independent.
- At present I am too busy with my filming schedule I don't have time to pursue my music career. Besides, the Vietnamese music industry is saturated with new comers, the audiences are confused with the music style of these new comers. Many singers have small success but they think they are stars that makes me bored of the of the music business now. I am not sure if i will return to music.
- For me, Hai Phượng reflects the current social reality of the child abduction problem, more than just a commercial movie. Through the process of finding a child, the film portrays the spiritual motherhood, the courage of a mother to be ready to face dangers, even to sacrifice her life to save her child. It is a very humanistic message that I want to dedicate to my final action movie.
- More and more female actresses are appearing on the big screen in the world in general and in Vietnam in particular, with the same thought that there will be more female leads for the audience. On the contrary, such films encourage and motivate girls to become independent, strong, and successful. That positive cycle gradually changes the society in which we live.
- For Westerners, those with black hair and brown eyes default to be Chinese. I do not like it at all. I am proud of my country, culture, and people. I am Vietnamese. I am proud of my country, my people. We have a long history in the cinema, so it should be developed. For every character I play in Hollywood, I want to show the pride of my country. I think any actor or actress has their dreams and purposes.
- I think as a filmmaker, I just want to make my film shine, be recognized by the audience first. Besides, I also want to call on the Vietnamese audience to support Vietnamese films because they are the ones who decide the survival of the film. If the audience does not love it, the film will not have the opportunity to recover capital or shine on the market. If Vietnamese films are not supported and shined, it will be difficult for producers to produce films anymore, if this situation persists, there will be no more Vietnamese films to watch in the future. Therefore, I also want audiences with Vietnamese spirit to support Vietnamese films.
- I think the biggest shortcoming is the language. I myself used to go abroad to film, so I think not having the language is a very difficult thing because I can't communicate with them. Without language I cannot talk about the acting process. Just like Vietnamese actors, sometimes I don't act according to the script, but I also create more ideas. If I didn't have the language, I would feel like I was inferior to my friends.
- When I have lived enough to a certain age, I will not bring a man to measure to a certain extent or to a certain standard. The most important thing right now is to find someone who understands me.