Next of Kin (film)
1989 film by John Irvin
Next of Kin is a 1989 American action thriller film about a Chicago cop, brought up in Appalachia, who sets out to find the killer of his brother. Meanwhile, another of his brothers decides to find the killer himself.
- Directed by John Irvin. Written by Michael Jenning.
- They're coming for you, Willy. I know you'll take a couple of them with you for sure, but they'll take you just the same. Or we can take a ride to the station together, just a couple of boys from the hills. You got my word on that. I know you ain't scared to die, Willy. But this ain't no place to leave your ghost.
- I got three counties' worth of kin that expect a certain amount of justice for that death! I'm just trying to save both of us a lot of bloodletting.
- This land's mine!... I can go out and take a piss on it in the middle on the night if I want to!
- I found out more in two hours than you did in two weeks. I know who killed Gerald.
- I should have waited for you. We could have whooped 'em together.
- [after Briar Gates shot the water cooler above him, soaking him] You just made the worst mistake of your life!
- Find him, take care of him. I don't care if you have to go through every flophouse in Uptown!
- [outside the Jimmy Woo Chinese restaurant yelling after seeing the line "You forgot one" on the car's windshield] ANYWHERE HE WANTS!!!! Any fucking place he wants!
- [to Truman Gates at the cemetery] That's why I'm here.
- Truman Gates: [about his family] Listen, you'd best wait here. They ain't real quick to strangers.
- Jessie Gates: I'm your wife.
- Truman Gates: No I ain't talking about you, honey. I'm talking about me.
- Truman Gates: I'm just trying to make things easier.
- Gerald Gates: Bullshit. You're just as bad as Briar. Just smoother.
- Joey Rosselini: You know, Gerald, I've dealt with niggers, kikes, pollacks, chinks, spics. God made it, I've seen it. But you fucking hillbillies, you are the dumbest that I've met!
- Gerald Gates: [Spits on him] Go to Hell!
- Joey Rosselini: [Takes out gun] You know, Gerald, I gotta hand it to you, you got balls. Stupid as shit, but major balls.
- Lawrence Isabella: I've heard a lot about you.
- Joey Rosselini: Yeah? Good things, I hope.
- Lawrence Isabella: I haven't done anything illegal.
- Truman Gates: Oh really? Well I had an interesting talk with a fellow last night who claims different. My man says you were in the back of the truck when my brother was killed.
- John Isabella: I'm truly sorry about your brother. It's too bad.
- Truman Gates: Oh no sir. You ain't seen bad yet, but its coming.
- An Eye For An Eye, A Tooth For A Tooth.
- A man murdered in cold blood. But they didn't count on his brother's revenge!
- Patrick Swayze - Truman Gates
- Liam Neeson - Briar Gates
- Adam Baldwin - Joey Rossellini
- Helen Hunt - Jessie Gates
- Bill Paxton - Gerald Gates
- Ben Stiller - Lawrence Isabella
- Andreas Katsulas - Johnny Isabella
- Michael J. Pollard - Harold
- Ted Levine - Willy Simpson
- Del Close - Frank
- Valentino Cimo - Rhino
- Paul Greco - Leo
- Vincent Guastaferro - Paulie
- Paul Herman - Tony Antonelli