New Jack City
1991 American action crime film directed by Mario Van Peebles
They're a new breed of gangster. The new public enemy. The new family of crime.Taglines
- That fucking skeezer- you think I give a fuck about her? Fuck that ho bitch! I don't give a fuck about her!
- I know damn well ain't nobody sucked your shriveled-up dick.
- A million dollar a week business reduced to fucking rubble!
- Sit your five-dollar ass down before I make change!
- Am I my brother's keeper? Yes, I am.
- Money talks and bullshit runs a marathon. So, see ya and I wouldn't want to be ya.
- Yo baby, we talkin' about combinating and consolidating, that's what's up!
- You gotta rob to get rich in the Reagan era.
- [testifying in court] I'm not guilty. You're the one that's guilty. The lawmakers, the politicians, the Colombian drug lords, all you who lobby against making drugs legal. Just like you did with alcohol during Prohibition. You're the one who's guilty. I mean, c'mon, let's kick the ballistics here: ain't no Uzi's made in Harlem. Not one of us in here owns a poppy field. This thing is bigger than Nino Brown. This is big business. This is the American way.
- Cancel dat bitch! I'll buy another one!
- Yeah, we takin' over the Carter. We gon' bum rush the whole damn thing. Now if the tenants cooperate, oh, it'll be lovely; they'll be loyal customers. If they don't, fuck it, it's like Beirut- they'll become live-in hostages.
- I never liked you anyway, pretty motherfucka!
- This whole drug shit: it's not a black thing, it's not a white thing. It's a death thing. Death don't give a shit about color.
- Look man, I don't know about all that "Change the World" shit, but what I do know, is that they be going crazy over this, man! I'm tellin' you! And the bitches? Oh, Lord! The bitches! Yo! They do anything for this, man! Yo, I had my jimmy waxed every day last week, ya understand?! Several times a day!
- (talking to Uniqua) I knew I should've treated you like a hooker, you ain't nothing but a high-priced ho! Put Nino on the phone, bitch!
- (talking to Duh Duh Man)...UNADULTERATED! Would you please shut the fuck up before you have a seizure!!
- This ain't business, bitch- this is personal!
- I wanna shoot you so bad, my dick's hard!
- I should have killed you myself, bitch!
- Oh shit, that's the kid I shot!
- Man, a drug dealer is the worst kind of brother. I mean, he won't sell it to his sister, he won't sell it to his mother- but he'll sell it to one of his boys on the street.
- I don't know about you, man, but I'm ready to kill Nino Brown.
- Yeah, yeah, yeah- a mind is a terrible thing to waste. Now, back to the titties— what's goin' on in this drug store?
- They got that shit hooked up like Mission Impossible, man!
- (sobbing) I tried to kick... but that shit just be callin' me man, it be callin' me, man... I just got to go to it!
- (Pooky describing a room used for freebasing) They call it the "Enterprise Room", man, because it's for people who wanna be beamed up to Scotty.
- [as Pooky peers into camera in despair] Scottie, help me - I'm gonna die!
- (last lines) Idolator! Your soul is required in Hell! [shoots and kills Nino]
"Although this is a fictional story, there are Nino Browns in every major city in America. If we don't confront the problem realistically—without empty slogans and promises—then drugs will continue to destroy our country."
- They're a new breed of gangster. The new public enemy. The new family of crime.
- Where survival depends on friends, trust and power... An organized crime family out to run this city is up against cops who knows its streets.
- Wesley Snipes - Nino Brown
- Ice T - Scotty Appleton
- Allen Payne - Gee Money
- Chris Rock - Pookie
- Judd Nelson - Nick Peretti
- Mario Van Peebles - Stone
- Michael Michele - Selina
- Bill Nunn - Duh Duh Man
- Russell Wong - Park
- Bill Cobbs - Old man
- Christopher Williams - Kareem Akbar
- Vanessa Williams - Keisha
- Tracy Camilla Johns - Uniqua
- Anthony DeSando - Frankie Needles
- John Aprea - Don Armeteo
- Fab Five Freddy - Master of Ceremonies
- Flavor Flav - D.J.