Nathalie Geneviève Marie Kosciusko-Morizet (born 14 May 1973 in the 15th arrondissement of Paris), often referred to by her initials NKM, is a French politician and the current deputy of the 4th electoral constituency of Essonne. She was mayor of Longjumeau from 2008-2013 and was an unsuccessful mayoral candidate for Paris in the local elections in 2014.
She has previously held the positions of Regional Councillor for Île-de-France; Secretary of State for Ecology; and Minister of Ecology, Sustainable Development, Transport and Housing. She was also Assistant General Secretary of the UMP and spokesperson to Nicolas Sarkozy in the 2012 presidential election. Since standing for the Paris mayoralty in March 2014, she has been leader of the opposition of the Council of Paris. From December 2014 to December 2015 she was Vice President of the UMP (renamed The Republicans).
- It time to declare Salafism outlawed. As sectarian drift, or as affecting the fundamental interests of the Nation, choose the safest way.
- Valls: French Muslims to conduct “all over” the fight against Salafism, Archyxx. (July 20, 2016)
Interview with The Daily Telegraph (2003)Edit
- I don't mind London being so attractive to the French, but what I don't want is for there to be a widening gap between the two where London is attractive and Paris less so. I want it to be self-evident that Paris is the place to be. If you leave for a professional opportunity, that is understandable, but to leave because you have the impression you can't succeed where you are, can't live in your life, that's a different matter.
- I have always got on well with Rachida, She's someone who has all sorts of qualities, an incredible energy, an important presence. She leaves no one indifferent.
- I don't buy the prevailing theory that capitals are becoming increasingly Left-wing, they are in full globalisation and reconstruction mode, with huge tectonic shifts, a fusion of cultures. Whoever has the vision and personality to run such world cities is the right person. It's less about the political card you carry.
- You have to decide whether you want to take part in politics or not. We're a republic, not a monarchy, and the partner should be like in Germany, where Angela Merkel's companion is rarely mentioned.
- Have you ever tried to take the metro with a pushchair? I have two small boys. It's a nightmare, you can't replace that with a vélib [Mr Delanoë's bike rental scheme]. Lots of middle-class families with children are obliged to leave, due to economic and housing issues. The Left denies it, but more and more are going out to the suburbs.
- My only fight is for Paris.
- Mme Nathalie Kosciusko-Morizet, Assemblée nationale (in French)
-  (in French)