Najib Razak (born July 23, 1953) is a Malaysian politician who has been the sixth Prime Minister of Malaysia since 2009. He previously held the post of Deputy Prime Minister from 7 January 2004 until he succeeded Tun Abdullah Ahmad Badawi as Prime Minister on April 3 2009, and The 13-party Barisan Nasional (National Front), led by Prime Minister Najib Razak, again secured 112 of the 222 parliamentary seats on 5 May 2013, Najib is President of the United Malays National Organisation (UMNO). He is the son of Malaysia's second prime minister, Tun Abdul Razak, and the nephew of Malaysia's third prime minister, Tun Hussein Onn. Najib is also the Minister of Finance.
- We are pleased with the state of predictions and we touched on matters of increasing bilateral trade in both countries [Malaysia and Maldives], as well as, looked at opportunities for Malaysian companies to continue participating in the development of Maldives.
- Najib Razak added that both countries held fruitful and in depth discussions on all aspects of Malaysia-Maldives relations, and exchanged views on regional and international issues of common concern, quoted on HaveeruOnline, "Maldives seeks petroleum from Malaysia's Petronas", March 29, 2016.
- Well, I always believe that when you fail, you get up and try again and again. It's whether that what we have been doing is worthwhile or not
- Quoted on Malaysia Kini (February 16, 2016), "Dr M: No surrender in battle against Najib"
- The fact that President Obama gave up his public holiday (today is the President’s Day) and held the US-Asean Leaders Summit has shown Washington’s recognition towards the importance of Asean
- Najib hopes that presidents in the future will be like Obama, quoted on Free Malaysia Today (February 16, 2016), "Najib hopes future US presidents will be like Obama"
- Sometimes in politics and even in life you need to take the tough and difficult decisions which you know would be good for you and the country in the medium and long term
- Quoted on Today Online (February 15, 2016), "Najib likens tough decisions to antibiotics, says they’re good"
- This is a remote location, far from any possible landing sites. It is therefore with deep sadness and regret that I must inform you that, according to this new data, flight MH370 ended in the southern Indian Ocean
- Quoted on BBC News, "Flight MH370 'crashed in south Indian Ocean' - Malaysia PM", March 24, 2014.
- There are times when the price of vegetables, sawi (mustard greens) and kangkung (water convolvulus) goes up and there are times it comes down. I read in the newspaper that some prices have come down. Kangkung price once went up and now it is down. When the prices come down, why are there no praises for the government? When it goes up, the government gets the blame. This is unfair because (such issues are determined by) the weather conditions.
- Speech given at Kemaman, Terengganu, on 14 January 2014, cf Palatino M, The Diplomat; "Malaysia's Kangkung Meme".
- Soak it (the keris) with Malaysian Chinese blood.
- In our national discourse and in pursuing our national agenda, we must never leave anyone behind. We must reach out to the many who may have been disaffected and left confused by political games, deceit and showmanship. The people first must transcend every level of society.
- Upon assuming office as the sixth prime minister of Malaysia.
- "Quotable quotes from Najib". NST. 11 Jul 2009.
- We call upon all Malaysians, irrespective of race, religion, political situation, creed or parties, young and old, to join us in saving Malaysia from the government headed by Najib Razak. We must rid ourselves of Najib as prime minister.
- Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad's move to oust Prime Minister Najib Razak, quote above read from a joint statement endorsed by heavyweights from the ruling party, opposition, and top civil society groups, quoted on Channel News Asia, "Dr Mahathir movement will be bad for country: Malaysia Foreign Affairs Minister", March 5, 2016.