The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) is the agency responsible for the civilian space program of the United States, and for its long-term aerospace research. It was established by the National Aeronautics and Space Act in July 1958.
- According to a NASA status report, the lone toilet on the International Space Station (ISS) has broken, leaving the astronauts on board having to use a rigged-up system of bags to collect any liquid waste.
- Toilet on International Space Station breaks (Wednesday, May 28, 2008)
- For the benefit of all.
- NASA motto.
- The Congress hereby declares that it is the policy of the United States that activities in space should be devoted to peaceful purposes for the benefit of all mankind.
- To improve life here. To extend life to there. To find life beyond.
- The NASA Vision
- To understand and protect our home planet, To explore the universe and search for life, To inspire the next generation of explorers.
- NASA Mission
- Shaping the Future: Launching New Endeavors to Inspire the Next Generation of Explorers.
- Motto of NASA's Office of Education
- NASA, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration. Where else but in Texas would men set up to administer space?
- We lack any sort of device that can... detect life. We don't have a life meter. ...We don't have a general pupose life meter that can detect life as we don't know it. Obviously, if it's life as we know it, there are all sorts of features. ...NASA plans a mission to... Enceladus... which has a plume of organic material spewing out, and they want to fly through that plume... The question is, what are they going to put onboard that would return a result "Yes, we have found life"... How would you do that? What exactly do you measure?
- It [Traveling to Mars] is important for our future. If the dinosaurs had a space program, they'd still be here.
- There's been a lot of discussion about NASA culture and changing that. I think our culture has always been one of trying to do a very difficult job and do it well.
- HERE MEN FROM THE PLANET EARTH
FIRST SET FOOT UPON THE MOON
JULY 1969, A.D.
WE CAME IN PEACE FOR ALL MANKIND.
- Introductory page of the official Artemis program site at NASA
- With Artemis missions, NASA will land the first woman and first person of color on the Moon, using innovative technologies to explore more of the lunar surface than ever before. We will collaborate with commercial and international partners and establish the first long-term presence on the Moon. Then, we will use what we learn on and around the Moon to take the next giant leap: sending the first astronauts to Mars.
- We’re going back to the Moon for scientific discovery, economic benefits, and inspiration for a new generation of explorers: the Artemis Generation. While maintaining American leadership in exploration, we will build a global alliance and explore deep space for the benefit of all.
- We will build an Artemis Base Camp on the surface and the Gateway in lunar orbit. These elements will allow our robots and astronauts to explore more and conduct more science than ever before.
- All that we build, all that we study, all that we do, prepares us to go.
- OUR SUCCESS WILL CHANGE THE WORLD