MythBusters (2003 season)
Ice Bullet, Exploding Toilet, Who Gets Wetter?Edit
- Adam: [holding up a can of hairspray] MythBusters hairspray: it's what I use to keep my 'do in line. [smiles at the camera]
Cell Phone Destruction, Silicone Breasts, CD-ROM ShatteringEdit
Cell Phone DestructionEdit
- Adam: We made something blow up! (claps his hands and laughs like an idiot)
- Jamie: (to Adam) You're a nice guy and all, but sometimes you can be a bull in a china shop.
- Adam: I'm not gonna respond to that. (Incidentally, the expression "bull in a china shop" was busted in a later episode)
- [One of the MythBusters' experiments has just burst into flames with Adam nearby.]
- Adam: [feels his face] I'm fine, I'm fine. I'm fine. [starts to laugh] Am I missing... an eyebrow? I am missing an eyebrow, aren't I?
- Jamie: Yeah, you lost a lot of hair out there:
- Adam: [suddenly serious] You're f***ing kidding me!
- Adam: So did you ever have customers come in and say "Could you sell me something different, this causes too much static shock when I wear it?"
- Lingerie Store Owner: No, but they've said "This causes too much shock!".
- Adam: You think we can build some panty friction in the bed here?
- Jamie: Well, that's what it's for, isn't it?
- Jamie: Jamie wants big boom.
- Adam: Is gasoline flammable? You'll find out after this!
- [The MythBusters, despite repeated attempts to ignite gas fumes inside their large test box, are unable to do so.]
- Adam: [exasperated] Ah...how hard can it be to blow up a room full of gasoline??
- [After a lengthy session of shattering CDs, Adam and Jamie examine the shards embedded in a ballistic gelatin torso placed near the test rig.]
- Jamie: Any day we create that much shrapnel is a good day.
Barrel of Bricks, Peeing on the Third Rail, Eel Skin WalletEdit
Barrel of BricksEdit
- Adam: God-damn barrel! It didn't do squat! [Adam examines the barrel] What is this? [Pause] This barrel is too damn strong!
- [After Buster is broken in the course of the test]
- Adam: We broke a crash test dummy, man! I think that's a red letter day! [Holds up Buster's arm in triumph] Yeah!!!
Peeing on the Third RailEdit
- [Adam works on a skeleton to use for a test dummy.]
- Adam: I'll always miss my old skeleton. It's too bad. He got his head blown off…with a Mannlicher-Carcano rifle.
- Adam: It just goes to show, do not grab the third rail with both hands and piss on it from 3 inches away! [kneels down on the rail, mimicking a drunk person] Oh man, wait a second, I gotta take a wee. Woo! That'll never make it on the show. [Which is ironic because it did make it on the show.]
- [The test dummy's legs (which Adam was supposed to glue, but he used tape instead) start leaking gel.]
- Adam: It's leaking from…everywhere.
- Jamie: We didn't glue that at all, huh?
- Adam: No, I didn't.
- Adam: Total crapola. This is a complete and utter disaster.
- [Adam starts fooling around with the cellophane tape.]
- Jamie: Oh, stop playing and let's do this.
- Adam: [about the cellophane] That's such a good sound!
Penny Drop, Deadly Microwaves, Radio Tooth FillingsEdit
- Adam: I wouldn't say Jamie's an evil genius…I'm not sure he's evil, and I'm not sure he's a genius.
- Jamie: This is right up there with one of the weirder things that we've had to do; trying to put a dead chicken in a tanning booth? Umm, hello?!?
- (Concerning the results of Jamie's "super-microwave", which has apparently done exactly the opposite of what it was intended to do)
- Adam: You've made a refrigerator!
- Jamie: I've always enjoyed seeing Adam in pain.
- [The MythBusters' modified nail gun fires prematurely, breaking a fluorescent light.]
- Jamie: Uhh...whoops! [giggles] We should get outta here, that's mercury vapor there.
- Adam: Go ahead, shoot me in the ass. C'mon, I can take it!
Hammer Bridge Drop, Buried Alive, ColaEdit
- [Adam describes what will happen to Jamie, who will be buried alive inside a coffin.]
- Adam: So, the next step is to load this up on our forklift, lower it down into our makeshift above-ground grave, fill it with earth, and monitor Jamie until he…begs for mercy.
- [Jamie is polishing a chrome car bumper with cola and aluminum foil]
- Jamie: I'm not sure exactly what the aluminum foil does with this.
- Adam: [in his "super geek" voice] Well, I think it, uh, ionizes the cola particles and, uh, brings the rust to the surface!
- Jamie: That's aluminum foil.
- Adam: What did I say?
- Jamie: You said tinfoil.
- Adam: Whatever; keep scrubbing, Cinderella!
- Adam: Cola's goin' down!
Lightning Strikes, Tongue Piercing, Tree Cannon, Beat the Breath TestEdit
Lightning Strikes Tongue PiercingEdit
- [After Adam goes through troubles making the first vacuform mold of a head.]
- Adam: All right. Let's go do another nine.
- [During the course of the experiment, Adam placed a particularly large "piercing" into a ballistics gel head. Back at the table, later:]
- Adam: We did get a strike right to the doorknob, but, c'mon, who wears a doorknob?
- Jamie: I'm making a cannonball out of granite…or a mess.
- Adam: Remember, children, MythBusters has hired a licensed pyrotechnician to help us blow stuff up. You should never try anything like this unless you have your own television show.
- Adam: (Adam is using a chainsaw) I'm not doing anything that the Pakish wouldn't have done if they had had a chainsaw.
Beat the Breath TestEdit
(Both Jamie and Adam have blown under 0.08 (the California blood-alcohol limit))
- Jamie: Adam, the police officer said you need to drink more.
- Adam: You know, my doctor was also telling me that I'm not getting enough tar...so I need to start smoking again!
- Adam: I'm lit. It's like one in the afternoon, and I'm lit.
- Adam: So we've had 13 drinks over 3 hours. I know I'm drunk, but I can't even remotely tell that you're drunk. It's kind of annoying. I wanna see you put a lampshade on your head or something.
- Jamie: [giggles] Sorry, bub!
- Adam: Your best bet is to probably hold your nose, literally, and just take a big bite outta this onion.
- Police Officer: [to Adam] He's doing fine. You just sit over there and be quiet. It's rough enough to have one of you here. But having two...
- Adam: [laughing] Of course I'm causing trouble.
Stinky Car, Raccoon RocketEdit
- Adam: But there's always two parts to a MythBusters story: there's replicating the myth, and then there's duplicating the result.
Escape From Alcatraz, Duck Quack, Stud FinderEdit
Escape From AlcatrazEdit
- Adam: (about escaping from Alcatraz) THIS is SO COOL!!!!
- Adam: (pounding Alcatraz escape raft loudly) Wait, was that a guard? (Pause) No! (continues to pound raft)
- [Adam and Jamie are checking out ducklings.]
- Jamie: Adam, don't let their looks deceive you; these are actually quite deadly.
- Roger Schwenke: We need to attach [a tie-clip microphone] to the duck.
- Jamie: Duck tape.
- [Jamie is trying to get a duck to quack.]
- Jamie: Don't mess with me, duck.
- Jamie: [to Bob the duck] Don't give me any beak.
- [Jamie is trying to silently make a duck quack]:
- Adam: It's like he's trying to collect a loan from the duck. Duck loan collection agency! [in stereotypical mobster voice] I wanna talk to you about some outstanding feed.
- Jamie: Quack, damn you!
- [Having busted the myth, Adam and Jamie are about to release the ducks into the bay. One of the ducks quacks loudly.]
- Adam: Where were all those quacks when we needed them?