Myst is a graphic adventure video game developed by Cyan Worlds and published by Brøderbund in 1993.
- [Opening voiceover] I realized, the moment I fell into the fissure, that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned. It continued falling into that starry expanse, of which I had only a fleeting glimpse. I have tried to speculate where it might have landed—I must admit, however, such conjecture is futile. Still, the question of whose hands might one day hold my Myst book are unsettling to me. I know my apprehensions might never be allayed, and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written.
- Who the devil are you? Don't come here to D'ni – not yet. … Oh, I have many questions for you, my friend, as you, no doubt, have for me. Where should I begin? Perhaps my story is in order …
- [Sad ending] Ah, my friend! You've returned – we meet face-to-face. And the page, did you bring the page? … [Sighs] You didn't bring the page. You didn't bring the page! What kind of fool are you? Ah! Did you not take my warning seriously? [Long pause] Welcome to D'ni. You and I will live here … forever.
- [Good ending] Ah, my friend! You've returned. And the page, did you bring the page? Ah, give it to me. You've done the right thing. I have a difficult choice to make. My sons have betrayed me. I know what I must do.
- [Appears in an imager] I hope I pushed the right button. Very interesting device, dear brother. I'm not erasing anything important, am I? [Laughs] He is prepared. Remember, take only one page.
- [Bad ending] Oh, yes! Yes. I'm free! Oh, thank you, my friend! My dear friend! You've done the right thing. You stupid fool! [Laughs] It looks like perhaps you're in the book now? [Laughs] And what have we here? A page. [Rips it out] Oh, no! [Laughs] I hope you enjoy your new home as much as I enjoyed it. [Rips out another page] There. I can't see you. You're getting less clear. I hope you're into books! [Laughs and rips out more] The Library's just the same as I left it. Oh, Achenar … [Rips out page] Goodbye. [Static]
- [Bad ending] Oh yes! I'm free! [Chuckles] Oh, I feel alive! And how do you feel, my friend? [Chuckles] Oh, and what have we here? Perhaps the pages you worked so hard for? [Rips out a page] Whoops! [Chuckles] Oh, yes! Oh! Perhaps you're seeing the world from my point of view. [The static becomes heavier] Sirrus … where's my brother? [Puts his face close to the book] Maybe someone will rescue you some day! [Rips out more pages] You lose. [Static]