My Super Ex-Girlfriend
2006 film by Ivan Reitman
He broke her heart. She broke his everything.(taglines)
- [brandishing a chainsaw when Matt tells Vaughan G-Girl's secret identity in his dream] I WARNED YOU, MATT SAUNDERS!
- [to Matt] You broke my heart! Now, I'm going to break your EVERYTHING!
- [as they're floating up in the sky]
- Jenny: I've always wanted to try this.
- Matt: Try what?
- [Jenny unzips his pants]
- Matt: That. Wow. I'm not sure that's gonna work up here. It's drafty, too.
- Jenny: [after breaking the bed while having sex] I'm sorry. I'll get you a new one.
- Matt: A bed or a penis?
- Jenny: Both.
- Jenny: [off screen; in a loud yell] Hey, sweetie!
- [Matt looks out Hannah's window to see G-Girl hovering in front of him]
- Jenny: I hate you, Matt Saunders!
- [proceeds to throw a Great White shark into the apartment]
- Hannah: Why did G-Girl throw a shark at us?
- Jenny Johnson: I thought you were just a jerk, but I didn't think you were this despicable! Teaming up with BARRY! You broke my heart! Now, I'm going to break your EVERYTHING!
- Hannah Lewis: [Hannah emerges from the meteor, shockingly gaining the same superpowers as Jenny] *HEY*! Let go of my boyfriend, you crazy BITCH!
- Jenny Johnson: Bring it!
- [they start fighting]
- Vaughn Haige: Yes! GIRLFIGHT!
- He broke her heart. She broke his everything.
- If you love someone... set them free
- Hell hath no fury like a superwoman scorned.
- He wanted a break... Now she wants to break him
About My Super Ex-GirlfriendEdit
- Well, I think that one of the great things about the script is that unlike the typical valiant-type superhero that's like, "Oh, yes, I must go save the world"—unlike that, there's a whole comedy base here with the reality of it all. Here's this girl, like any of us, who stumbles on a rock. And, by the way, she says girl because she is girl, and so if she called herself woman at 17 she would have a problem. But she really is more tense than kryptonite. She's just a real person. She wants to have a real life. She just deals with her responsibility of having super powers, but she really resents it. I guess that's the humor in the piece.
- Uma Thurman