My Little Pony: The Movie (2017 film)
My Little Pony: The Movie is a 2017 animated musical fantasy film based on the television series My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, which was developed as part of the 2010 re-launch of the My Little Pony franchise by Hasbro.
Directed by Jayson Thiessen. Written by Meghan McCarthy, Rita Hsiao and Michael Vogel.
- Uh, Songbird Serenade? Um, I was just going to check on you. (laughs nervously) I'm Princess Twilight, and sorry about the mess. I'm usually not so...
- I'm about to ask the three most royal princesses of Equestria for a huge favor! What if they reject me?
- Celestia told Luna to find the Queen of the... "Hippos". Luna can't, so I have to.
- Friendship didn't fail me. I failed friendship.
- Because this is what friends do.
- I hope you'll stay. The more friends a definitely
- Your horn is pretty powerful. Just like the pony it belongs to.
- Twilight, look at me! This will be the biggest celebration Equestria has ever seen! As the Princess of Friendship, you cannot fail! This day will define who you are! The pressure is intense! It's almost too much for any single pony to handle! (screams)
- We just got our cupcakes handed to us by the worst party crasher ever!
- Best... escape... plan... ever!
- Ooh! I bet those are the clowns I ordered! Or definitely not the clowns I ordered.
- You were raised in a barn!
- We gotta go back there and fight!
- Whoa whoa whoa! So you were about to toss us overboard and you stopped for a lunch break?
- Awesome! I knew you had it in ya! And now for the finishing touch!
- None taken. Espeically since I wasn't raised in a barn. My family just happens to have a barn. Where I was born. And... spent most of my formative years...
- So now what? We can't hide here forever. And let's be honest, we can't go back. Look at what they did to the Princesses. They might do the same to Twilight.
- Hold on now. Lemme get this straight. When the Storm King came, you just abandoned your entire city and fled?
- Now don't get too excited. He's just talkin' about us.
- You seem tense. Do you wanna talk about it?
- If you were raised in a barn! Ahem, no offense, Applejack.
- I hate epic adventures!
- You know what they say: where there's a city, there's a spa!
- That's it! I simply... cannot... even! I have nothing! The bad guys have won! I'm so sorryyyyyyyy-y-y-y!
- Well! Look what the cat dragged in! Himself!
- Such a friend!
- Guys, what is... (puffs) happening?!
- Well, you saw the size of those goons. You seriously wanna go back?
Tempest Shadow/Fizzlepop BerrytwistEdit
- How about we start with your complete and total surrender?
- Here's the deal, ladies. I need your magic.
- Easy as pie.
- Grubber, get her now!
- Silly little ponies.
- That's the one thing that never changes around here. The party.
- I'm nothing like you. I'm more than you'll ever be.
- Ponies of Equestria, we come on behalf of the fearsome, the powerful, the almighty... Storm King! And now, to deliver the evil, evil message, put your hooves together for Commander Tempest!
- Oh, I love pie!
- I know you're disappointed, but I got one word for you: 'spongecake'.
- Ohhhh, fish-man just got dropped!
- This is intense!
- (Last words) Guards!
The Storm KingEdit
- Let's get this storm started! Ooh, hey, that's good, I should trademark that.
- Yeah, yeah! Friendship and flowers and ponies and bleh!
- I'm so totally over the cute pony thing. This... ends... now!
- (last words) No! Stop! Please, wait! I've... I've-I've changed my mind!
- Capper's the name. Charming's my game.
- Welcome, my little ponies, to my little manor.
- Apologies for the state of my litter box. I wasn't expecting guests.
- These heroes have faced the Storm King's army and escaped! I've seen them topple the streets of the roughest towns, break out of the tightest situations, and inspire others to join their cause.
- They even escaped certain doom at the hooves of Commander Tempest!
- Yeah. We used to be much more adventurous.
- Let's show these little ponies how it's done!
- We're on board to help you fight the Storm King! Just not on board our... actual ship.
- Head for the castle! We'll hold them off!
- Throw them overboard..
- Hiya. I'm lookin' for the pony in charge? I need to set up for my sound check.
- Caked in cake?
- And now to celebrate that we're all still here in one piece, give it up for Princess Twilight and her friends!
- I'm totally taking you to my mom!
- Hellooooooo!! Me again! (giggles) I'm gonna get so grounded, but I talked things over with Shelly and Sheldon and they pointed out that you were just trying to help your friends.
- So I wanna help too. 'Cause ya know... one small thing... (whispering) can make a really big difference!
- Honey, I'm sorry about your home. I truly am. But my responsibility is to protect my subjects. The pearl... is not going anywhere.
- Time for my seaweed wrap.
- All of this so you could sneak in and take the pearl?!
- (to Skystar) This is why we don't bring strangers into our home! (to Twilight, ominously) You don't deserve to be one of us.
- (to Skystar, chuckling) You are so grounded!
- Applejack: What were you thinkin'? I mean, stealin' their pearl?
- Twilight Sparkle: (sighs) It was the only way to save Equestria.
- Pinkie Pie: 'Cept it wasn't! The Queen was going to say yes! We did what you told us and that's what made her realize we were ponies worth saving! (gasps) Unless... You didn't really want us to show her the best time ever! You just wanted us to DISTRACT HER!
- Applejack, Spike, Rainbow Dash, Rarity and Fluttershy: (gasp)
- Twilight Sparkle: I never would have done it, but this isn't Equestria! We can't just dance around with con artists, make rainbooms in the sky and expect everything to work out! It's not enough, We are not enough!
- Pinkie Pie: No, Twilight. We stuck together. We were gonna get the help we needed! The only thing that stopped us... was you.
- Twilight Sparkle: Well, I'm doing the best I can! It's all on me. I'm the one Tempest wants. I'm the last Princess...
- Pinkie Pie: You're also the only one who doesn't trust her friends!
- Twilight Sparkle: Well, maybe, I would've been better off WITHOUT FRIENDS LIKE YOU!!! (Her horn sparkles)
- Pinkie Pie: (gasps)
- (Pinkie pie gasps in horror as the rest of the mane six are shocked of with Twilight just said as they stare at her)
- Fluttershy: (whimpers)
- (Pinkie Pie starts to leave)
- Twilight Sparkle: Pinkie, I...
- Pinkie Pie: (sniffles) I just can't talk to you right now.
- (The rest of the ponies, except Spike, leave her, going in their own separate ways)
- Twilight Sparkle: I'm so sorry you felt so alone.
- Tempest Shadow: I saw the truth. My "friends" abandoned me when times got tough. Looks like I'm not the only one. Face it, princess. Friendship has failed you, too.
- Twilight Sparkle: Friendship didn't fail me. I failed friendship.
- (Tempest and Twilight look down at the battle)
- Tempest Shadow: What?! How?!
- Twilight Sparkle: (gasps with happiness) It's... It's the Magic of...
- The Storm King: (Spins and walks up to them with a fake but cute eyelash smile) Yeah, yeah! (Holding/Hugging Twilight and Tempest) Friendship, and flowers, and ponies, and bleh! (He drops both ponies, looking disgusted) I'm so totally over the cute pony thing. This... ends... now!
- The Storm King: Now I truly am the Storm King! And the entire world will bow to my ba-ba-ba-boom, baby!
- Tempest Shadow: Yes, yes, you are every bit as powerful as I promised, Sire, now, restore my horn and I swear to use my magic to serve you!
- The Storm King: [laughs] Who cares about your dinky little unicorn horn?!
- Tempest Shadow: [shocked] But... we... we had an agreement!
- The Storm King: Get with the program! I used you! It's kind of what I do!
- (The Storm King blasts his staff's power towards Tempest, who avoids them, then blasts back in return for his betrayal, cause them both to fly. The Storm King crashes into the wall while starts flying towards the tornado. Twilight looks at the staff and Tempest. Seeing her being betrayed, Twilight grabs Tempest's hoof before she could be sucked into the storm)
- Twilight Sparkle: Hold on!
- Tempest Shadow: (surprised) Why are you saving me?
- Twilight Sparkle: Because this is what friends do.
- (Twilight gives a gentle smile as Tempest looks at her with liquid eyes until the magic in horn dies out and gives a sudden warmed smile just as Twilight pulls her back in)
- (While the Storm King's stoned body was shattered, Twilight and her friends save Tempest's and land it gently on balcony floor. The others, expect Twilight were shocked by Tempest's sacrifice)
- Rainbow Dash: Whoa! I can't believe she did that!
- Twilight Sparkle: (who knew Tempest had it in her) I can.
- (They use the staff to turn Tempest Shadow back to normal just as she gasps for air and looks at herself, shocked that she's back to normal, then looks at Twilight and her friends. They look at her and she signs and looks back at them.
- Fluttershy: Now what?
- (The gang looks at each other one by one, until Twilight looks at Tempest, looking more happier)
- Tempest Shadow: Now... we fix everything.
- (Tempest puts the staff in the middle where Storm King placed in the first place, causing the princesses to be revived, all the magic returned to their rightful owners, and everything that was damaged to be fixed)
- Princess Celestia: [gasps] Twilight!
- Twilight Sparkle: Princesses! Oh!
- (As the bright light fades, Spike appears on stage wearing sunglasses and hold a microphone)
- Spike: (clears his throat and speaks in microphone) Fillies and gentlecolts, get ready for a little...
- (Songbird Serenade appears on front stage with her wings over her face until she unfolds them)
- Spike: Songbird Serenade!
- (The crowd cheers for her as she makes an announcement)
- Songbird Serenade: And now, to celebrate the fact that we're all still here in one piece, give it up for Princess Twilight and her friends!
- (The spotlight turns to Twilight and her five friends, as well as their new friends Skystar, Capper, Celaeno, and her crew)
- Code Red: All right! Way to go, guys!
- (Photo Finish take their picture with her camera)
- Bulk Biceps: Yeah! Ha ha ha ha!
- (Celestia, Luna, and Cadance bows to Twilight, who bows to them. The spotlight on Twilight and her friends fades and turns Songbird Serenade. As she sings her song Rainbow, Rainbow Dash and Celaeno hoof/fist bump, Rarity gives Capper a new cape and hat, and Pinkie Pie and Skystar hug and laugh just as Skystar sees her mother Novo and some of the other seaponies, now all back in their hippogriff forms, just like Skystar)
- Princess Skystar: Mom!
- (She runs up to her mother and hugs her. Novo gives a sly and serious but also easy face on her daughter)
- Queen Novo: You are so grounded!
- (Novo laughs cheerful as Skystar makes a speechless and chargin suck up face)
- (After looking at Songbird Serenade smile and fly off, Twilight looks at the background, looking surprised and puzzled as she sees Tempest looking sad and walking away. As Tempest starts to leave, Twilight flies over and Tempest stops sensing her presence.)
- Tempest Shadow: That's one thing that never changes around here. The party.
- Twilight Sparkle: Well, I hope you'll stay. More friends are definitely merrier.
- Tempest Shadow: (looking at her broken) But, um... my horn.
- Twilight Sparkle: You know, your horn is pretty powerful, just like the pony it belongs to.
- Tempest Shadow: (looking much more happy) I did tell you I wanted to show everypony in Equestria what I could do, right?
- (final lines)
- Pinkie Pie: Nice touch, Tempest!
- Tempest Shadow: (starting to feel embarassed) Actually, that's not my real name.
- (the others come to her and Pinkie jumps up to her, very curious)
- Pinkie Pie: Oooh! What is it?!
- (As Pinkie puts her ear up, Tempest comes close to her and whispers)
- Tempest Shadow: It's "Fizzlepop Berrytwist".
- Pinkie Pie: (becoming starstruck by these words starts to gasp out loud happily as big bright blue stars appear on her eyes before rushing up to Tempest/Fizzlepop and put her hoove around her shoulder) Okay! That is the most awesome name ever!
- (Tempest and the rest of the gang are please and smile as the rest of the movie turns to art style as the credits begin)
- Friendship Comes in Different Colors
- Discover a Different Breed of Hero
- Break Out of Your Shell
- Tara Strong as Princess Twilight Sparkle
- Rebecca Shoichet performs Twilight Sparkle's singing voice
- Ashleigh Ball as Rainbow Dash/Applejack
- Andrea Libman as Pinkie Pie/Fluttershy
- Shannon Chan-Kent performs Pinkie Pie's singing voice.
- Tabitha St. Germain as Rarity/Princess Luna/Granny Smith/Muffins
- Kazumi Evans performs Rarity's singing voice.
- Cathy Weseluck as Spike
- Emily Blunt as Tempest Shadow/Fizzlepop Berrytwist
- Michael Peña as Grubber
- Liev Schreiber as the Storm King
- Taye Diggs as Capper
- Zoe Saldana as Captain Celaeno
- Kristin Chenoweth as Princess Skystar
- Uzo Aduba as Queen Novo
- Sia as Songbird Serenade
- Nicole Olvier as Princess Celestia/Lix Spittle
- Britt McKillip as Princess Cadance
- Michelle Creber as Apple Bloom
- Peter New as Big Mclntosh
- Michael Dobson as Bulk Biceps
- Samuel Vincent as Party Favor
- Adam Bengis as Code Red
- Brian Dobson as Verko
- Max Martini as Boyle
- Mark Oliver as Mullet