Home Affairs Minister of Malaysia
- My view is that this Government should move forward, but in order to move forward, there is a need for very serious thinking by the leadership on the situation in the country.
- As a Malay, I am concerned about the position of the Malays, not that they should be dominating but they should have a strong presence in running the country.
- I have to speak out because I am very much a part of the party hierarchy. And I have received tremendous response from the grassroots who feel that I am saying something right.
- Yes, I have expressed that because it is undemocratic. Some smart aleck came up with the idea that we should impose a certain quota system that you can only contest if you get a certain number of nominations. Why do you need a certain quota imposed on them? You have to cross the bar before you can exercise your right. That, for me, is undemocratic.
- Muhyiddin Yassin, Muhyiddin walks a fine line, thestar.com, 11 May 2008
- We are race-based but we are not racist.
- As quoted in The Star - Bersatu will fight for Bumi rights, 11 December 2018