current Prime Minister of Malaysia
- My view is that this Government should move forward, but in order to move forward, there is a need for very serious thinking by the leadership on the situation in the country.
- As a Malay, I am concerned about the position of the Malays, not that they should be dominating but they should have a strong presence in running the country.
- I have to speak out because I am very much a part of the party hierarchy. And I have received tremendous response from the grassroots who feel that I am saying something right.
- Yes, I have expressed that because it is undemocratic. Some smart aleck came up with the idea that we should impose a certain quota system that you can only contest if you get a certain number of nominations. Why do you need a certain quota imposed on them? You have to cross the bar before you can exercise your right. That, for me, is undemocratic.
- Muhyiddin Yassin, Muhyiddin walks a fine line, thestar.com, 11 May 2008
- We are race-based but we are not racist.
- As quoted in The Star - Bersatu will fight for Bumi rights, 11 December 2018
- We are not perfect, but we are doing the best we can to pull through this crisis together, as one nation. God willing, we will come out stronger when this crisis ends and the dust settles.
- As quoted in The Star - Muhyiddin: 'We are not perfect, but we are doing the best we can', 27 March 2020