Mort Lyon Sahl (May 11, 1927 – October 26, 2021) was a Canadian-born American comedian, actor, and social satirist, considered the first modern stand-up comedian since Will Rogers. Sahl pioneered a style of social satire that pokes fun at political and current event topics using improvised monologues and only a newspaper as a prop.
- In the forties, to get a girl you had to be a GI or a jock. In the fifties, to get a girl you had to be Jewish. In the sixties, to get a girl you had to be black. In the seventies, to get a girl you've got to be a girl.
- The bravest thing that men do is love women.
Quotations Collected by Donald Gudehus: Mort Sahl (1987)Edit
- Washington couldn't tell a lie, Nixon couldn't tell the truth, and Reagan couldn't tell the difference.
- Reagan won because he ran against Jimmy Carter. If he ran unopposed he would have lost.
- Nixon's the kind of guy that if you were drowning 50 feet off shore, he'd throw you a 30 foot rope. Then Kissinger would go on TV the next night and say that the President had met you more than half-way.