Iraqi Islamic scholar
Mohammed bin Eyada Alkobaisi (Arabic (محمد بن عيادة الكبيسي) (referred to in honor as Sheikh Mohammed Alkobaisi, and as Dr. Mohammed Alkobaisi) (born 13 November 1970) is a Grand Mufti, an Islamic scholar, a public figure and a TV personality.
Understanding Islam, "Morals and Ethics" Dubai MediaEdit
- Beliefs & practices are the core of Islam. Yet, Islam is not considered complete without ethics and morals.
- Ethic is the core of humanity and the foundation of civilization.
- Islam has emphasized Ethics, good deeds and nice words in order to build a better world and an ideal society as it aims at bringing up the best in humans.
- Doing good to other people is not only a nice extra thing to do, but it is actually part of Emaan or the Faith; The Prophet (pbuh) said: “Whosoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should be generous to his neighbor [treat his neighbor with kindness], and whosoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should be generous to his guest”.
- Imagine!, the two most important Sahabah in Islam, racing to help an old blind woman, at night and at the edge of the city!.
- Islam considers Ethics & Morals as a way to attain rewards and entitlement to Heavens.
- The real concept of morality is benefiting people and avoiding harming them.
- A Muslim should live up to his character, and employ his powers in doing what is good, beneficial and helpful.
- Any intentional inequitable harm is a danger zone!
- Goodness is not only required in action, but also in speech.
- Goodness is required even in thoughts and desires.
- If you succeeded with patience, you should try to reach a higher state of morality; which is to counter evil with good.
- Evil must not be countered with another evil but, rather, repelled by an act of goodness.
- The final level - of good ethics - is to deal with your enemy in the best kind of treatment as though he is a close friend!
- Foil hatred with goodness and love and make those enemy your true friends!
- It is relatively easy to control your anger after a while, but to do that after facing such extremes and at the height of your troubles, when you are wearied and exhausted, when you are heart-broken and depressed, that is sublime morality and magnificent ethics.
- -Ethic- is especially important while conducting business, in law suits and trials, when people act rudely, etc.
- Ethics are not theoretical! They are practical and affect our everyday life; at homes, in our neighborhood, at the road, at our work place.
- A true Muslim will surely strive to improve his manners and correct his condition, and purify his demeanor and his innermost feelings.
- Each one of us should ask himself; Am I being the best I can be to my family? Am I being the best parent I can be? Am I being the best child I can be? The best friend? The best neighbor? The best for my brothers and sisters? The best for my society? The best for humanity? Where am I from the saying: “The best of people, is the best TO the people”?
- There is always room for improvement in our lives. Are we willing to try?! Are we going to try?!