2005 film by Dave McKean
Enter A World Where Dreams Are Real.taglines
- I'm a very important man. I've got a tower.
- We often confuse what we wish for with what is.
- NOOOO, I DON'T WANNA BE A WAITER!!!
- Look! An idiot!
- My mum always said: "It's a dog-eat-dog world, son. You get them before they get you. Eat your greens. Please don't do that. Stop embarrassing me in front of the neighbors. I think it would be best if you just leave home and never come back!" She wasn't even really my mum. She bought me from a man...
- We just have to try the key in every single lock we pass, and when we find the one the key opens, we'll know that 10,000 bloody years have passed!!
- We'll do things that rich people do. We'll bathe in... fish. And eat our weight in chocolate buttons!
- I shall slip unnoticed throught the darkness, like a dark, unnoticed, slippy thing.
- Mrs. Bagwell: I remember I said to him: 'Mr Bagwell, how can a mask know what you need?' And he said: 'Cynthia, remember I don't know what I'm talking about.'
- Joanne: All those kids in there want to run away and join the circus!
- Helena: Great, they can have MY life! I want to run away and join real life!
- Citizen: The charm.
- Prime Minister: No, that's actually a chicken.
- Citizen: The charm!
- Prime Minister: I understand this must be quite painful for you, but really it is a chicken.
- Chicken: I keep trying to tell him, he just doesn't listen!
- (Helena offers to find the charm)
- Prime Minister: My dear, it will be like looking for a needle - no, something smaller than a needle - in a haystack, when you don't even know if you're in the right field! I'm sorry, but all in all, it is completely, utterly, unarguably, quintessentually hopeless.
- (The flower held by the sleeping Queen suddenly blooms)
- Helena: What does that mean?
- Prime Minister: It means... that it's maybe not quintessentually hopeless.
- Sphinx: Hungry.
- Valentine: Is this a riddle thing?
- Sphinx: Hungry!
- (Helena gives it her cake; the sphinx just bats at it)
- Sphinx: Still hungry.
- [The Gryphon has been unable to answer Helena's riddle: "What's green, hangs on a wall and whistles?"]
- Helena: It's a herring.
- Gryphon: But a herring isn't green.
- Helena: You can paint it green.
- Gryphon: But a herring doesn't hang on a wall.
- Helena: You can nail it to a wall.
- Gryphon: [through clenched teeth] But a herring doesn't WHISTLE!!
- Helena: Oh come on, I just put that in to stop it from being too obvious.
- Enter A World Where Dreams Are Real.
- An extraordinary dream quest to rescue a world out of balance.