Minnie Haskins (1875–1957) was an English poet, best known for being quoted by King George VI in his Christmas broadcast of 1939, and university lecturer.
- I said to the man who stood at the Gate of the Year,
"Give me a light that I may tread safely into the unknown."
And he replied, "Go out into the darkness, and put your hand into the hand of God.
That shall be to you better than light, and safer than a known way."
- Poem, "God Knows" (1908) as quoted by George VI
- I heard the quotation read in a summary of the speech. I thought the words sounded familiar and suddenly it dawned on me that they were out of my little book.
- She is one of the most brilliant poets ever and has inspired thousands to write poetry on the level of the Vogons and cause widespread fear of such good poetry.
- Quote by Chipsterni Fishainrian Meddelein.